• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:35:59 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Rider Tracking Axis Dependant Devices

Started by Myst1cPrun3, April 29, 2019, 10:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

This is a new thread, due to the fact this could be implemented without any other changes to rider tracking, and on the theory that Pib will see and read lots of  little threads.

The main thing I'd like to do is have the ability to decide which tracking device controls which axis the rider moves on, and have the ability to use 2 separate tracking devices for L/R lean and F/R lean ( or U/D if it gets patched how I'd like it) individually.

While not a big deal, it could open up the way to being more involved with actually riding the machines, and could be a game changer for those that are lucky enough to have a full ride-on system.

In my imagination, what I would use would be an Oculus Rift, or other VR/Headtracking Headset to track the F/R (U/D) lean, meaning wherever I place my head would be reflected in the rider sitting up or tucking down behind the screen.

After this, I would use a secondary piece of tracking equipment, either an Ed-Tracker or a TrackIR, or something similar, and have this attached to my hip, as central and as close to where I was sat as possible, for the most accurate tracking. This would then be assigned to the L/R lean, meaning that I would actually need to hang off my chair to get the rider to move.

It  would add another layer to GPB, and involve us as users more. And I'm sure I don't need to state the possibilities of a ride on system being actually used to emulate actual riding body positions, thus adding more Immersion.

In order to achieve this, we would need to be able to assign devices to each axis, in a similar way we could select what controller to map, perhaps in a drop-down menu next to the rider axis, but of course with the option to assign both or none as well for those that don't have this option.,

Here is an example image to show which device would control what axis, Ideally:

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 04, 2018, 02:33:02 PMThis is just being used to try and get an alert in Pibs forum alerts, not an actual quote XD

doubledragoncc

Hi m8 I agree

I use and recommend EdTracker Pro wireless for body movement but mount it on your shoulder for precise and acurate movement. works a treat BUT need to use a second for seperate head movement or as you say use an VR unit if you have one. This give full acurate inputs.

Only needs Pib to let us use 2 inputs and not just one at a time but also is WINDOWS issue using 2 EdTrackers even as they have ID numbers. I am working on that now.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

I can't say I've ever used an edtracker, but it seems a decent bit of kit. Only reason I suggested putting it on the hip is then it can involve hanging off a chair/ride on system, as I find controlling l/r bum to seat positions with my head a little off putting, and sometimes it's hard to understand what position the rider is in exactly.
Having some hip tracking would fix that, as it would more accurately represent what you did, so what you do is what rider does etc

It would completely change ride on systems though, and if anyone's got one where the full system leans, it could be a game changer should Pib Allow 2 devices with individual axis configs

doubledragoncc

I tried hip and it does not give enough movement at all, plus the shoulder give the right amount of movement and is far more realistic as you cant yaw your hips the same as shoulders which is an input in reality and effects roll and pitch input and therefore output.

I am making a video soon as I need it for an MX project I am involved in.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Is there not an option to choose what axis edtracker registers? As on trackIR it can be selected so it only moves along one axis and doesn't register any others, (only moves left and right etc), and can also adjust the sensitivity so smaller real movements make larger game movements etc

teeds

There is software that can do the same for edtracker, had mine give 100% axis deflection from about 15% movement.

Myst1cPrun3

April 30, 2019, 05:28:38 PM #6 Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:16:34 PM by Myst1cPrun3 Reason: --I CAN'T SPELL--
I've never used one so I can't really say, it just seemed the best option as an example as it seemed to be body mounted, as opposed to head mounted like trackIR.
Maybe something I'd have to look into more if Pib puts this feature in. (hopefully come on dude)

doubledragoncc

You have to use Opentrack and can asign axis

DD