• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:45:03 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Project Realistic Rig

Started by speedfr, December 08, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poupou59890

oui c'est beaucoup plus simple et sain car la avec le FFB il y a aura des efforts, en plus au tour c'est super simple a faire , ensuite un coup d'usinage pour la rainure de clavette et c'est fait.

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: speedfr on May 03, 2019, 12:06:25 PMNews coming soon i hope...

Uuuuhh! Niiice!
What are you using to drive it?
What motor is it? :D
I had to try..

speedfr

@Chris_Beeves :

The motor is the Mige ST with 20 N.M of torque. Tne encoder as 4 millions value for a complete revolution (360°). It's super accurate.
And it "understand" the FFB to reproduce it. The only one that i'm gonna work on and activate is on the steering all the rest i don't care :  bumps, false FFB that comes from the gear changing, stuff like that.
The box is a SimuCube V1 and inside there's is a ioni card and a big fat power supply in 48V, 600W.

The thing is, you can set the angle value so i'll try with 2X30° so 60° and i'll see.
But for now, the motor is at a guys who is making the piece i need to link my H.S-Like handlebar to the motor axle.
So, maybe i have the stuff ready in front of me next week-end.

The rest of the axis and all the buttons will still be on the Leo Bodnard board.
I'll come back here as soon as i restart and sure, i'll put a video in addition.
That will be The Sapetoku V2.0 :)
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Chris_Beeves

Hahaa, Sapetoku.. Your rig will have more torque than Gaston's whole engine did!

That is a beast!! 20Nm.. I wouldn't want to be wrestling that thing on a go kart track! ;) It can pull your arms straight off!

Can you pick what ffb to use? Is that in game or in hardware?

Really excited to see the outcome of this!!
I had to try..

speedfr

May 04, 2019, 03:23:05 PM #139 Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:24:54 PM by speedfr
Chris, you can set the strength and filter the FFB to catch the one you like and ignore all the rest.
It's from the software that comes with, you set everything up and store it, than you don't need it anymore.

In all the screens there, everything is "grey" because the Dc Motor and the Simucube are not present at my desk right now. Next week, i'll start to tweak all of that and have this pages on a "normal" view.

So screen 1 is the basic setup of the rotation angle and the FFB effect. With tons of others things.
Screen 2 is the endstop settings and the sring effect in centering back to know the strength you like (better on car games). Look like its where you setup the 128 buttons and the 7 analogiques axis.
Screen 3 is this analogique biding and the buttons.
So, once i "master" the FFB and everyting related to the sterring, i'll move the baseboard (Leo Bodnar) to this Simucube system that can hold more than we need (i need 4 more axis + the Ed-tracker for myself and 12 buttons is fine including the Gear+ and Gear -).

The Leo Bodnar is going to be attributed to another project concerning Star Citizen (slider/buttons box in for my HOTAS).

I haven't played since v13 so now it's v15b, i changed from W7 to W10, i hope it's still gonna work as well. Can't wait. (took so long to put money aside for that Dc Motor+Simucube...)

And most of the most, i hope the Moto2 Sapetoku made by Julien113 can still be applied to the last version of Moto2. That worries me.

Sorry the screen are in French...

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

HornetMaX

Quote from: speedfr on May 03, 2019, 10:06:14 PM@Chris_Beeves :

The motor is the Mige ST with 20 N.M of torque. Tne encoder as 4 millions value for a complete revolution (360°). It's super accurate.
And it "understand" the FFB to reproduce it. The only one that i'm gonna work on and activate is on the steering all the rest i don't care :  bumps, false FFB that comes from the gear changing, stuff like that.
The box is a SimuCube V1 and inside there's is a ioni card and a big fat power supply in 48V, 600W.
That's interesting. Hw much did it cost you ?

Myst1cPrun3

https://www.simracingbay.com/product/simucube-based-osw-kit-with-cm110-case/

I guess you could find a cheaper one somewhere used or somewhere else, but on the official website a new one will set you back anywhere between £800-£1200 depending on the motor and other little options.

I've been looking at the Fanatec DD wheels, as they're not only compatible with everything that's played atm, (Both Game and console wise, PS4 and XBOX), but they have the inbuilt quick release system, as well as a load of other rims. Only issue is there is no adaptor for custom rims as of yet, which is why I'm holding off, as it would limit the possibilities for a HandleBar setup, although as seen with the 'mixed reality vid' its still possible.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels/podium-racing-wheel-f1-officially-licensed-for-ps4.html

or just the base:

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd1-eu-1.html

More powerful base:

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd2-eu.html

speedfr

May 04, 2019, 09:09:53 PM #142 Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:17:18 PM by speedfr
Here is the Motor i use. 359€ but mine as a 4.2millions encoder and this kind is discontinued...

https://www.simracingbay.com/product/mige-osw-kit/

Today, the simucube went to simucube 2 with just external power supply and everything is inside the motor, a new one and it's quite expensive.
I catched the Simucube earlier this year for a good deal but the Motor i have was not the cheapest because they stooped this model but the encoder is a lot better accuracy and it came with a nice aluminium stand. Plus the guy did the entire config and the latest firmware directly on my computer helping me in order not to "brick" the thing.

And this thing can be used with a wheel (DIY or Fanatec-like).

Here : https://nsh-racing.com/categorie-produit/hardware/ddrive/

speedfr

Ok, i just received the metallic piece to join the handlebar to the Dc Motor and it's going to look like this.
I stiil have to make it better, taking the old sterring system and hook all the different potienmoters to the Simucube since it can handle 6 more analog ways and 32 buttons as the Leo Bodnar does.
(Leo Bordnar who is going to be used in another project "WIP" of a dashboard for Star Citizen).

I'm gonna reinstall GP Bikes (haven't use it since v 13 and went to W10 in the miffletime so i think i'm not ready yet. But it's coming #WokeUpWithWood  ;D

doubledragoncc

Just lovin watchin you get closer to ridin............Fantastic work!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

Oh Allan, you can't imagine how much it pleases me to hear that from you my friend !

I'm completly in "Work In Progress" to obtain what was bugging me, when i was saying that it's super fine except it woobles all the way without control. I tried so bad to brake it with a piece of cork but that wasn't the solution.
And i think i'm getting close to what i want but little by little, cuz it's very expensive but i strive hard to get it.
Here for the pleasure, the picture of the metallic part that i picked today (35€).
So i can use the exact HS design, just plug it and go !
And as i said, i'm gonna remove the Leo Bodnar and go through the entire Simucube interface.

Obviously you'll be the first to get the link to the video i'm gonna do about Sapetoku v2.0 and i know you can't add that to every HSx handlebar cuz it will be more than twice the price but i really think it's gonna help a lot for the feelings. Each time i tried with a FFB wheel the steering feeling was good but not the rest. Here i might have the both at one time. At least i hope...

Here is the part that has been done to received the HS handlebar. (If some guys ask themselves, it's a DD handlebar that i "managed" to work on my own way but actually every HSx could go on that system).

speedfr

May 25, 2019, 02:57:54 PM #146 Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 06:18:57 PM by speedfr
Hey Riders !!

things are going slow but good  ;D
(have too much work lately but i'm not gonna cry...)

i'm in the process of getting rid of the Leo Bodnar board and i started to understand the SimuCube (Ioni) connections.
Here is the full draw of how it's going to be connected if somehow another dude is willing to use this board base.

28 buttons and 4 axis, the leaning axis is controlled directly by the Simucube since it has FFB inside. And so far, even if i'm not finished settings things up, it's a blast. coming soon on the track (btw, bikes from beta 13 works weird on Beta 15b) and i can't access to the Mega Bike Mods link  -> https://mega.nz/#F!GdAUhKxA!04IzRVoF6CEVLUq2nbpH1g!mAQVFawA

VSMaster

Always on the edge

Furious

Hi there! I'm gonna use this topic to ask a simple, yet important question to Piboso.
Let's say I'm building a simulator intended to be used with full body tracking and direct input steering setting.
If I was to measure the pressure put on the motorcycle pegs of the simulator by the rider, could we use this data as an input to the physics model? Being complementary to the other 'main' inputs? If directsteer mode disables "virtual rider", this should not be hard to implement, am I right?

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: Furious on June 04, 2020, 11:02:27 AMHi there! I'm gonna use this topic to ask a simple, yet important question to Piboso.
Let's say I'm building a simulator intended to be used with full body tracking and direct input steering setting.
If I was to measure the pressure put on the motorcycle pegs of the simulator by the rider, could we use this data as an input to the physics model? Being complementary to the other 'main' inputs? If directsteer mode disables "virtual rider", this should not be hard to implement, am I right?

You would be using it to control the rider lean L/R? Depending on how much weight you put on the pegs ,or what would it do?
IRL it doesn't really do much.
I had to try..