• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:49:37 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Return of the STK1000

Started by Myst1cPrun3, May 12, 2019, 10:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

The 2014 STK 1000 machines have had an update for beta 15, and there is a new championship going ahead using these bikes, as well as the fact servers are using these bikes to test new tracks.

I was just wondering why?

Personally the bike type to me is what I'd choose to ride, superbike and 1000s and all, but there are other sbk mods put there, that are more modern and arguably better.

For me, aside from the external 3d models being excellent, the dashboards are minimal, the sounds are glitchy, although replacement sounds out the database fix this, and the handling is a little odd, with no wet tyres visually for me the entire thing is due a massive update visually and handling wise.

I'm not hitting on the creators by any stretch, I'm just wondering why people run this 'big bike' mod over others like the Wsbk 2017 pack for instance, which for me handles nicer, sounds a little better and looks very good visually in 1p and 3p.

Just wondering what others see in these bikes and why these were updated, but the 2012 supersports, and the 2015 WSBK packs haven't been?

Blackheart

Imho the answer is easy; some bikes are "free" because the old teams are gone, so the people can change the phisics of these bikes and release some updates. If for example someone doesn't like something about an IMT or CAWS bike, they won't be able to change nothing, because we re still here.  ;D

Most players here use only the third person view, so old or not working dashboards are not a big issue.  :-X

Too many bikes and too few players  ;D

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Blackheart on May 13, 2019, 12:24:29 AMImho the answer is easy; some bikes are "free" because the old teams are gone, so the people can change the phisics of these bikes and release some updates. If for example someone doesn't like something about an IMT or CAWS bike, they won't be able to change nothing, because we re still here.  ;D

Most players here use only the third person view, so old or not working dashboards are not a big issue.  :-X

Too many bikes and too few players  ;D

Too true that.
I understand the devs being 'gone', and the thought that it's commonly seen as abandon ware now, but for me I still don't see how it's so desirable to play.
The mod is still dated sound and handling wise, and the electronics aren't too good compared to the newer mods. It just makes me wonder why people are going to the effort, especially considering it hasn't seen any 'fixes' out of the beta 15 update

It'd take a massive update to sort, at which point it makes me wonder whether updating it is worth it.

Pableke46

it is just the feeling with the bike, looks so good ( my opinion).... i love stk1000 .. we ride pretty close with almost guys on the track.

Spanish are one of the most active community playing every weekends .. so ADALGOOD decided to created a champ with this bike because we have fun..

thats all.

The champ keep goin the next weeks ( Adal is moving to another house next week or the following week maximun to continue )

Adalgood

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 12, 2019, 10:32:28 PMThe 2014 STK 1000 machines have had an update for beta 15, and there is a new championship going ahead using these bikes, as well as the fact servers are using these bikes to test new tracks.

I was just wondering why?

Personally the bike type to me is what I'd choose to ride, superbike and 1000s and all, but there are other sbk mods put there, that are more modern and arguably better.

For me, aside from the external 3d models being excellent, the dashboards are minimal, the sounds are glitchy, although replacement sounds out the database fix this, and the handling is a little odd, with no wet tyres visually for me the entire thing is due a massive update visually and handling wise.

I'm not hitting on the creators by any stretch, I'm just wondering why people run this 'big bike' mod over others like the Wsbk 2017 pack for instance, which for me handles nicer, sounds a little better and looks very good visually in 1p and 3p.

Just wondering what others see in these bikes and why these were updated, but the 2012 supersports, and the 2015 WSBK packs haven't been?

STK1000 bikes were updated to be used with the latest beta. Only the problem he had with the gear change was fixed. No further modification was made, the Mod and its physics remain the same as those made by its creators. It is possible that the Aprilia RSV of this Mod will be fixed soon but no further modifications will be made.

This Mod is old but the physics we like very much to our group of riders.