• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:44:07 AM

R1 Cup | Yamaha R1 2007 v1.2

Started by javiliyors, May 13, 2019, 01:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Yeah great mod but first, 1st person cam way too high.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

May 14, 2019, 10:57:17 AM #16 Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:01:06 AM by Vini
bike seems quite good but like the others have said, 1p view is way too high.
sound could be more deep (cross-plane) and the engine should have more torque in the low revs, this would also make slides nicer.
the front is a bit unpredictable, sometimes folding when standing the bike up and quickly overheating. so i say move the balance of the bike further to the rear.
the bike in general feels a bit too stiff under acceleration. maybe put a bit more flex in the chassis.

Davide74

Quote from: Vini on May 14, 2019, 10:57:17 AMbike seems quite good but like the others have said, 1p view is way too high.
sound could be more deep (cross-plane) and the engine should have more torque in the low revs, this would also make slides nicer.
the front is a bit unpredictable, sometimes folding when standing the bike up and quickly overheating. so i say move the balance of the bike further to the rear.
the bike in general feels a bit too stiff under acceleration. maybe put a bit more flex in the chassis.

This model was the last one before yamaha introduced the crossplane

Myst1cPrun3

This is a pre-crossplane r1, (before they ruined it)

The bike is prone to tankslappers, however that can mostly be tuned out with a softer rear spring, and less bump damping from my testing.

Torque wise the engine is good, more low rpm torque isn't needed, as its not a cross plane, and the old r1 supposedly (I've never ridden one) had a highish powerband.

The front can be unpredictable when braking hard at low rpm, but if you pick one gear lower and back it in a little, it seems fine to me.

Overall its a great mod, you've just got to know how to ride it. Which I don't lol.

I think it's going to be a tuners dream, as you can gain a load of time I suspect with the right setup.

javiliyors

Quote from: Vini on May 14, 2019, 10:57:17 AMbike seems quite good but like the others have said, 1p view is way too high.

the bike is made so that its behavior is like that, also the power is increased to have more power in high rpm and not so much in low rpm, the sound, if you look well in YouTube you will see that the 2007 version has this type of sound and not the "crossplane". the motions of the motorcycle are based mainly on the physics of the tires and apart from that it is necessary to be very fine giving gas so as not to overheat the tires. try to take care of the gums and you will see how you do not have overheating.

the problem of the camera will solve it shortly

thanks for your feedback

DidietXFuera

The sound made an eargasm  :o
GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

Myst1cPrun3

I love this bike to be honest, coming out of the last turn at Donnington, mashing the rear brake all the way up to 4th to stop the bike flipping, and then still getting a couple inches of lift anyway.

Its really satisfying in a sad, dull sort of way lol

Braking is hard though, although it's not a bad thing, means I actually have to take care and not mash the brakes to the apex  (although increasing the Eb to 5 helps stability and the quick front end wash) 

Love it though, great first bike 😍

Vini

ok my mistake, sound and low rpm torque is fine then.
but then the rev limiter has to be raised, either way the powerband is too small. you cannot really slide the rear because the engine is instantly in the limiter after reaching the powerband.

more importantly, though the bike needs a slight balance adjustment to change the weight on the front. you lose the front under hard braking even though there still is front suspension travel available and the soft front tyre is at 2.2bar after one lap.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on May 14, 2019, 06:59:50 PMok my mistake, sound and low rpm torque is fine then.
but then the rev limiter has to be raised, either way the powerband is too small. you cannot really slide the rear because the engine is instantly in the limiter after reaching the powerband.

more importantly, though the bike needs a slight balance adjustment to change the weight on the front. you lose the front under hard braking even though there still is front suspension travel available and the soft front tyre is at 2.2bar after one lap.

I personally have had no issues with sliding the rear out of turns, and the front feels fine to me, providing you brake properly. (Increase engine braking helps with any front end crashes)

As for the tyres, somewhere above its been stated they overheat, so is that not whats happening for you? Overheating the tyre and losing grip?

Vini

May 14, 2019, 07:48:16 PM #24 Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:50:11 PM by Vini
well, you can slide the rear but only so shortly before hitting the limiter that i wouldn't count it as a powerslide.

what direct lean value are you using? if you use lower values many problems of a bike will remain invisible to you, for example losing the front on-throttle out of first gear corners.

yeah the front tyre is overheating quickly even when holding back on the brakes, no matter what setup which clearly points to a balance issue.
no offence but i think i know how to "brake properly" at the limit and engine brake is definitely not part of that equation because 100% of the stopping power should come from the front on a race bike (the rear shouldnt even touch the ground ideally). this is not possible at the moment because the front folds even before the suspension bottoms out.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on May 14, 2019, 07:48:16 PMwell, you can slide the rear but only so shortly before hitting the limiter that i wouldn't count it as a powerslide.

what direct lean value are you using? if you use lower values many problems of a bike will remain invisible to you, for example losing the front on-throttle out of first gear corners.

yeah the front tyre is overheating quickly even when holding back on the brakes, no matter what setup which clearly points to a balance issue.
no offence but i think i know how to "brake properly" at the limit and engine brake is definitely not part of that equation because 100% of the stopping power should come from the front on a race bike. this is not possible at the moment because the front folds even before the suspension bottoms out.

Unless the rear wheel is off the floor, there is always going to be some semblance of engine braking being done at the rear wheel, so while some riders may use 100% front brake with the controls, downshifts and engine braking still play a part, even if you don't intend them too. (And some high level riders use the rear brake to help stop the bike as well, its purely a preference thing. I remember a MotoGP TV info thing, where the interviews and onboards showed Honda riders used the rear brake a lot, yet the Yamaha riders such as Lorenzo didn't touch it at all for slowing down)

I do however understand what you mean about the torque/powerband being quite high, however at the same time, these bikes in the real world aren't known for powerslides, especially since the R1 cup is a more 'Club Level' Championship, and again, fiddling with the gearing and electronics can seem to fix that.

As for direct lean I use anywhere from 80%-100% depending on the tracks, so I fully understand the 'on throttle front ender'
What I do is raise the rear about 5mm, stiffen it, and increase swing-arm length. I also drop the front through the floor if I can, so that when I get on the throttle the bike is level. I doubt this is what you'd do to a real bike but it seems to help in GBP for most things. (I also believe that its mainly a GPB issue and not a bike issue as a few of the bikes do this to different levels)

javiliyors

Add update:

New onboard cameras, fixed rpmneedle and replaced some textures.

Enjoy.

Myst1cPrun3

May 14, 2019, 08:04:42 PM #27 Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:14:36 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: javiliyors on May 14, 2019, 08:00:48 PMAdd update:

Enjoy.

<3
Will have a little test now.
One other thing I did notice, is that the rear tyre tread seems to be the wrong way round? I don't use 3p much being a VR player so I only noticed it today XD

javiliyors

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 14, 2019, 08:04:42 PM

Enjoy.

<3

Tell me if the rpmneedle works... i not have VR but normal visual for me is fine

Myst1cPrun3

RPM Needle is nice and flat, good fix  :)
Quote from: javiliyors on May 14, 2019, 08:14:34 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 14, 2019, 08:04:42 PM

Enjoy.

<3

Tell me if the rpmneedle works... i not have VR but normal visual for me is fine