• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:04:25 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Milestone Conversions?

Started by Myst1cPrun3, May 14, 2019, 11:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

So, it's the NW200 this week, and I've been watching it, obviously, and there's quite a good representation of the course in the ride games, even if their layouts are slightly different.

To all the amazing track modders out there, how hard would it be to convert one of these representations and change the layout to the actual one (putting the chicanes in).

I'd do it myself, but I'm about as useful as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to track/bike modding, or anything that isn't painting a bike, and I'm not particularly good at that either  ;D

I've managed to get to the scn files in the ride 2 version, however I'm having no luck in getting that into blender/3dsmax, and the ride 2 version, while good, is a little out of date, the ride 3 version is much better imo.

Blackheart

Short answer, conversions from AC are very easy, because with a couple of clicks you have the full track in your 3d app. I checked if it is possible extrack with umodel the tracks in Unreal4 based games (like motogp18 or Ride 3), and atm I think is not possible.

It is possible to rip tracks with other tools (the most used is njnja ripper), but with big tracks is not a great thing (crashes, a lot of useless meshes, etc...) Better works just with AC conversion, easy, fast and with good results  ;)

If you re interessed there are some tutorials, if I remember well on the Kart Racing Pro forum, no special knowledge is required.

Myst1cPrun3

The milestone version is a very accurate version, aside from the layout changes, but the rest of the track is modelled well.

I did find this link, and was wondering what the limits were, as he says you can edit models using this method?

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ride-3-modding-tutorial.163770/

Was wondering if anyone else has some experience with it, and if the files could be exported from the editor as an .fbx or other readable format if its possible?

Could open up some more Modding doors if it is possible, but again, it would take someone way more competent at modding than me I feel.

(I attempted castle combe a while back, and accidentally made it upside down, and 0.05km lap... Don't ask how I couldn't tell you XD)

Blackheart

May 16, 2019, 11:02:58 PM #3 Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:30:54 PM by Blackheart
With umodel you can extract and edit the models and if you want also insert in the milestone games some New stuff (a
friend working just now on the sbk 2019 for Ride 3) EDIT: here the link of the Yamaha: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/yamaha-lowes-2019-shark-helmets.26748/ )

But not the tracks, works well for helmets, suits and bikes.

Myst1cPrun3

Would it be possible then to transfer bikes from Milestone games?
(I'm presuming that's where the 'MotoGP' mods came from?

Blackheart

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 17, 2019, 06:15:19 PMWould it be possible then to transfer bikes from Milestone games?

Yep.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Blackheart on May 17, 2019, 07:02:11 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 17, 2019, 06:15:19 PMWould it be possible then to transfer bikes from Milestone games?

Yep.
I may have to look into that, as I really want a 'super single' in GPB, and the new ducati fits the bill nicely