• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:33:21 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Reinstalling GP Bikes after 32bits version

Started by speedfr, May 18, 2019, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

Hello everybody,

I haven't play GP-Bikes since Beta 13.
And since, the 64bits version came in, thanks Piboso, and i didn't reinstall it because i couldn't play until my gear was ready.
Now, i need to test my Simucube install and in order to do so, i need to install Beta 15b version.

So, after a extensive research, i can't find the answer to my question :

_Do i need to erase the Piboso directory under \My documents ?
__ If not, what needs to be replace ? Is just the new install going to replace the "good" files ? How does it work ?

And if i want to install all the bikes/tracks/pilots that are "extra" from the game, on another disk, as d:\ for example, i found that in the Documentation section, in gpbike.ini :

[mods]
folder= d:\gpb\mods

But my question is : How is supposed to be the way directories are installed inside ?

Is it : \mods\Bike, \mods\Tracks and so on ?

It's not essential for the mods side right now because i'm gonna try to setup my gear with the basic GP bikes.

Oh, and quick last question : i guess we don't need the LAA Hack anymore do we ?

Thank you.

speedfr 
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

HornetMaX

May 18, 2019, 02:46:39 PM #1 Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 08:25:14 AM by HornetMaX
Quote from: speedfr on May 18, 2019, 02:16:50 PM_Do i need to erase the Piboso directory under \My documents ?
__ If not, what needs to be replace ? Is just the new install going to replace the "good" files ? How does it work ?
Not really needed to delete.
However in your profile directory you have bike setups and these can work weirdly and/or make the game crash (if something in the bike physics has changed).

The only thing you absolutely need to move around between different installs is your license.ini (which is not in the PiBoSo directory anyway). (EDIT)

Most of the times I move my profile across versions (to keep the settings, controller setup etc), but I'd advise to delete the bike setups.

Quote from: speedfr on May 18, 2019, 02:16:50 PMBut my question is : How is supposed to be the way directories are installed inside ?

Is it : \mods\Bike, \mods\Tracks and so on ?
Yes.

speedfr

Thank you Max !

As always, fast and efficient  ;D

But i disagree on the Licence.ini file that i saved anyway before doing anything and it is stored in Piboso\GP bikes under My Docs as i can see before i do anything.
But that, i knew i had to save it somewhere.

And thanks for the mods places, i think i'll reinstall completly the game, fresh and clean and just add the mods line in gpbike.ini, then copy anll the bikes\tracks\tyres\rider that i have add with the time.

I'm sure i'll have plenty questions once it runs fine with the Simucube and the DC Motor, specially about the MaxHUD which obviously comes from you and is kind of THE thing to have on GP Bikes as far as i remember.

Thanks again Mister.

speedfr
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

HornetMaX

Quote from: speedfr on May 18, 2019, 03:36:57 PMThank you Max !

As always, fast and efficient  ;D

But i disagree on the Licence.ini file that i saved anyway before doing anything and it is stored in Piboso\GP bikes under My Docs as i can see before i do anything.
Right, my bad (I don't use the PiBoSo folder at all so mine is in the gpbikes folder).