• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

How to lose split screen on desktop when in VR

Started by XTRMLN, May 23, 2019, 03:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XTRMLN

I know I thought I saw a post somewhere in here about how to get rid of the split screen view on the desktop when playing GPB in VR.  I just can't seem to find it now.  Can anyone tell me how this can be done?

Myst1cPrun3

XTRMLN

May 23, 2019, 04:16:20 PM #2 Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:46:23 PM by XTRMLN
ok ya that's what I had seen before... I need a little help beyond this though.  I'm a computer dummy.
Which folder is the installation folder?
How do I create a text file? Think I figured this out by using notepad?
where do I put the Code:[Select] thing or is that the first line in the notepad?
Sorry I don't understand this stuff.  Any help would be appreciated.

XTRMLN

You cannot see attachments on this board.
This is what I did and I am not seeing any changes

XTRMLN

May 23, 2019, 06:43:53 PM #4 Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:02:20 PM by XTRMLN
ok so I figured it out I think.  Except for two things.. 1 I can't get the desktop view to be fullscreen when in VR and 2 I cant seem to get the barrel distorted view to work.  what value do I use for eye when wanting the barrel view? Or do you eliminate the eye value? I was able to get the barrel view but it went back to a split screen.

Myst1cPrun3

May 23, 2019, 07:04:18 PM #5 Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:06:32 PM by Myst1cPrun3
The oculus.ini goes into the main GPB directory, usually

Program files (Maybe the x86 depending on your install)
Then GP Bikes.

It should be where the 'Core' Application is Located.

Here's my config which uses the left eye, and I am running the Oculus rift as well.

XTRMLN

Do you get a fullscreen mirror on your desktop? I get this.You cannot see attachments on this board.

Myst1cPrun3

I do get a full screen Mirror.

If you don't, try to change the In-game settings to match your monitor. And double check that GPB is in full screen.

Here's Mine:

If this doesn't work, try simply clicking on the window. Sometimes games can bug and show a smaller 'fullscreen' version.
If this happens, there wont be a standard windows curser when in game, but the minute it leaves the window it'll appear. Try clicking off the window and back on it.

If that doesn't work, short of doing a completely new install, I'm not sure I can answer it, as it is probably a bug.

XTRMLN

Thanks for the help.  Guess I got a bug.  I have tried everything and can't get it full screen on the mirror. 

Myst1cPrun3

One thing you could try doing is to change your video settings in GBP, to windowed, and change the resolution, (while in vr), and then change it back. Make sure the resolution matches your monitor and not your VR tho.
If that doesn't work try it out of vr.
Other than that aside from a fresh install I have no idea

cyborg chip

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 27, 2019, 10:38:35 AMOne thing you could try doing is to change your video settings in GBP, to windowed, and change the resolution, (while in vr), and then change it back. Make sure the resolution matches your monitor and not your VR tho.
If that doesn't work try it out of vr.
Other than that aside from a fresh install I have no idea

Mystic, the supersampling works in your VR? i use 220% in steam vr config but this not make effect in gpbike..
thanks

Myst1cPrun3

Yes super sampling works well for me. For it to have an effect in GPB it has to be in either the 'openvr.ini' or 'oculus.ini'
Using the config above.
Although the in game menu settings only affect the 'mirror' on the pc's monitor

cyborg chip

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 29, 2019, 06:15:31 PMYes super sampling works well for me. For it to have an effect in GPB it has to be in either the 'openvr.ini' or 'oculus.ini'
Using the config above.
Although the in game menu settings only affect the 'mirror' on the pc's monitor

nice!! but in my gpbikes folder dont has the ini file, only has DLLs, so i created the .ini and not work yet. i have samsung odyssey plus.

:/