• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:02 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MotoGP19

Started by Myst1cPrun3, March 12, 2019, 10:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

There may also be some issues with licensing in that regard, as Sony are partnered with motogp and won't want to promote anything that isn't theirs, which means it limits what milestone can do. So the problem may not actually be their fault.
I remember code masters have similar issues with f1, In that they used to only be able to use thrust master wheels resulting In the ffb and detection being awkward on other wheels, and lacking behind compared to the other games. This was notable on the logitech stuff, as that didn't seem to be supported at all in 2015+2016 games, even though logitech is arguably the most accessible company for cheap reliable ffb, with the g27 and then the g29/920.
I can understand why its frustrating from a hardware developer however, but again, the issue, while potentially a easy fix, milestone may be 'banned' from fixing it so to speak

Myst1cPrun3

May 19, 2019, 11:28:08 AM #31 Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:07:07 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Ps: there's even a difference in controller detection/feedback between the PS4 versions and Xbox versions, xbox coming off worse, despite arguably being better hardware than the PS4, so it's not just the PC market that's badly affected by this.

As for keeping the esports gamepad only, I understand and kind of agree with it, although that isn't probably what you want to hear. In the end, it's got to be an equal playing field, and homologating things like controllers and other hardware will achieve this. As for the fact it is a 'gamepad', like I said Sony are partnered with motogp to my knowledge, and won't want someone using a potential competitors product, and certainly won't want anyone doing better with it.

doubledragoncc

Gotta agree MPR.

I am working on an MX project right now and one party involved is trying to negotiate with Milestone for MXGP tracks for USA championships and data output and controller setup so hanging in the sidelines hoping they manage to even talk with Milestone lol.

I guess I need to figure a gizmo and software to just sort it out for me lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Off topic post here:
If I remember right you use a bodnar board and a program to register your controllers on pc?
I don't know much about hardware etc, but would it not be possible to re-route the joysticks and buttons on an xbox/ps controller, and use the original dualshock/xbox board in your system?
Would than not solve the issues as it still technically is being registered as a supported controller just with a different layout. Or is it a different issue.

And Sony are stubborn b******s when it comes to their products, they won't even speak to Microsoft about cross compatibility and stuff like that, because, and I quote:
"PlayStation is the only way to play"
That was quite literally what they said, and they've lost a load of business because of it, xbox and pc games are now merging to 'Microsoft exclusives' and Sony are left in the dust.
Only now, around 4-5 years later, (initially it was surrounding rocket league) have Sony even talked to Microsoft and even then that's for streaming and not gaming.

Fanatec also have to make seperate purpose built wheel bases for PS4, despite their pc ones working with a PS4 rim, as Sony don't want to have to share anything. The even forced Fanatec to make the new clubsport wheelbase (think it's 2.5) to be
incompatible with their own system as they believe their system was above the tech that could be used on xbox. Only a bit later, and with a custom PS4 rim did they get PS4 compatibility. Even now their new direct drive wheels have to have seperste ones for xbox one and PS4. However to maintain the upper hand the PS4 one is compatible with the xbox with the right rims, but Sony have forced Fanatec to make the xbox one not compatible with their stuff.
Tldr: Sony are d***s, ea of hardware, money over players, So yeah don't hold out on any help from Sony.

doubledragoncc

I have already done an xbox one controller mod and works okay BUT it still has over sensitive steering and I hate it. It is kinda off topic but to do with how will motogp19 be compared to 18? MXGP Pro did the same as MXGP2 and ruined the input totally. MXGP and MXGP3 are fine and fun, not PRO so how will MIlestone use UE4 this time is the question to Jorge? How did you find it on a gamepad from 18?

I just been watching UE4 tutorials and they could add any input, even touch and motion to motogp lol.

I really hope they add data output one day for motion rigs.

I am hoping the first person is good too as I can NOT play in 3rd person as I am no longer 5 years old..........sorry guys lol

x360 is good for gamepads too as it allows you to adjust your gamepad inputs which you can not normally do in games so maybe someone should try it out and see. It also allows multiple devices for control wjich I know some of you have.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 19, 2019, 04:43:28 PMI have already done an xbox one controller mod and works okay BUT it still has over sensitive steering and I hate it.

If I'm not mistaken, the Xbox one Elite Controller has adjustable sensitivities with a program from the windows store. Not sure if it can be used with the original controllers, or how that would translate to your system however.

As for the MotoGP games, better inputs would be a massive improvement, but it all depends on how much they're allowed to do I feel, from both MotoGP/Dorna themselves and Sony. But yeah, better inputs, and Headtracking/VR support would be nice.

doubledragoncc

Well I just had a few hours in Motogp18 and ride3 and mxgp3 and the crew2 with my Hs3 and Edtracker for body movement, only just realized only MXGP3 has body left/right lean but ride3 ans motogp18 only have forward/back lean so will motogp18 have rider left/right lean in it? Using x360 to use edtracker worked good and can set sensetivity in x360 and edtracker UI

Will have to play a bit more but it means body movement without thumbsticks at last lol

DD

Myst1cPrun3

Seems that they're going to the 'sim'  side of sim-cade a little more, and the braking has been heavily tweaked, which was pretty much all I wanted from the new game. That and better AI which seems to be pretty good from all the gameplay and early reviews.

I am so looking forward to this game now, and the minute it's available for steam pre-purchase and pre-load it's getting bought.

Still don't know about inputs DD, not much I can say about that, however it's a fairly niche market/request so we'll see I guess.

Still fooking hyped for it tho

doubledragoncc

Get it for 20 quid here m8: MotoGP19 20 quid to you sir

I use them and CD keys all the time

MotoGP18 steering sucks for me to be honest. It takes time to get used to but not as good as MotoGP13 still

DD

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 21, 2019, 06:40:56 PMGet it for 20 quid here m8: MotoGP19 20 quid to you sir

I use them and CD keys all the time

MotoGP18 steering sucks for me to be honest. It takes time to get used to but not as good as MotoGP13 still

DD

Cheers for that :)

And its a weird one, as I hated MotoGP 13 steering when I went back to it on the game-pad. Found it too slow and Lazy.
Quite Interesting how 2 different controller inputs differ in results.

doubledragoncc

Thats because my system uses a large movement and a gamepads thumbstick hardly any so the deadzone in milestone games for gamepads is a killer for me. Its like a great big hole in the center of steering I normally add an antideadzone in x360 but if milestone just stopped making games JUST for gamepads we would all benifit.

Robo is a cool dude btw like his videos.

Just hope 19 is better than 18 please dear lord lol

DD

Myst1cPrun3

The helmet editor looks awesome :o

KG_03

All i wonder is how off track grip will look like. They may tweak everything on track but if off track grip will still be as high as tarmac than sorry I wont like the game.

Surprisingly I have noticed that GP Bikes offtrack grip in last build is higher and now you can turn easily on grass. 😟

Anyway if tyres simulation will work nicely in MGP19 it will be a big step forward.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: KG_03 on May 31, 2019, 09:43:45 AMAll i wonder is how off track grip will look like. They may tweak everything on track but if off track grip will still be as high as tarmac than sorry I wont like the game.

Surprisingly I have noticed that GP Bikes offtrack grip in last build is higher and now you can turn easily on grass. 😟

Anyway if tyres simulation will work nicely in MGP19 it will be a big step forward.

Supposedly the off track grip in mgp19 is pretty much nonexistent, making it very difficult.
Have to agree with the GPB grass being gripper, although the gravel is still very slippy, and it seems to depend on what bike it is as well

KG_03

I based my feeling of grippier grass on M2 bike and victoria circuit.

As for MotoGP19 did you base the feeling of grass grip from videos or you have played it?

Robo46 said he lost grip instantly when he accelerated but its not the case. On grass you almost cant lean the bike, while in all Milestone games you can turn like on tarmac. Ride 3 is the worst example of that grippy grass issue.

I wonder if its that hard to code off track grip or rather its developers fault?