• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:41:41 PM

Pikes Peak?

Started by davidboda46, June 04, 2019, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Would love to see Pikes Peak. Maybe there is a nice Assetto Corsa modder that will let someone do a conversion?

Cheers

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Syd

Vini

Myst1cPrun3

As far as I was aware, hillclimbs/rally stages aren't currently possible in gpb/wrs, possibly due to them not being a full loop.

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong however

matty0l215

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 04, 2019, 02:27:20 PMAs far as I was aware, hillclimbs/rally stages aren't currently possible in gpb/wrs, possibly due to them not being a full loop.

Correct, Point to point racing is not possible in GPB at the moment.

There is no reason why we can't have the track but you would race to the top then reset. Not setting a time. (Like the a7000 road we currently have)

That or a link road would have to be made to run back to the start
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 04, 2019, 04:10:57 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 04, 2019, 02:27:20 PMAs far as I was aware, hillclimbs/rally stages aren't currently possible in gpb/wrs, possibly due to them not being a full loop.

Correct, Point to point racing is not possible in GPB at the moment.

There is no reason why we can't have the track but you would race to the top then reset. Not setting a time. (Like the a7000 road we currently have)

That or a link road would have to be made to run back to the start

If you wanted to use a link road, it could be possible to have one of the racing sectors as a start, and one as a finish, with the total time being sectors 2+3 of a lap. This is because PP has a rolling start if I'm not mistaken so could work a little better than most other hill climbs?

Myst1cPrun3

Something similar to this perhaps:

Where the only times that matter are the combined times between s1-s2 and s3-s4?

This would allow for the timings to be correct, and as its a hill climb it would also mean that rider finishing orders don't matter so much

matty0l215

Pretty much :D

Sector 1-3 run up
3-4 run down. Just look at your sector 1-3 time for the race winner. this would actually work quite nicely as you could gather people down in sector 4 and then let them run up one at a time at intervals (TT style)

Running a race would need co-operation and organizing but its "doable"

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 04, 2019, 07:21:39 PMPretty much :D

Sector 1-3 run up
3-4 run down. Just look at your sector 1-3 time for the race winner. this would actually work quite nicely as you could gather people down in sector 4 and then let them run up one at a time at intervals (TT style)

Running a race would need co-operation and organizing but its "doable"

It could be done, and wouldn't be to complicated to do, both in terms of adapting a pikes peak course from AC and actually running it.

Would need co-operation as you've said but it could work.

I'll have a look into it, but I'm not too good with mods so we'll see

Blackheart

quoted from Daily development
Quote* MXB: more work to support straight rhythm

Piboso atm works on straight rhythm stuff for MXB,  I'm not a motocross fan, but it seems to me a  "point to point support".

davidboda46

If it is then we should ask him to implement the option in GP-bikes as well. Then Goodwood would also be a fine challenge. 

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Myst1cPrun3

Straight rhythm is a point to point yes. Red Bull do a tonne of these, with Travis pastrana etc.

Be interesting if he ports it over to GPB tho

matty0l215

It would be a nice feature

Are there actually any point to point road races in the motorcycle world that aren't Pikey's peak??

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 05, 2019, 04:05:30 PMIt would be a nice feature

Are there actually any point to point road races in the motorcycle world that aren't Pikey's peak??

The central European countries do a bunch of them. Here's some vids. (not mine)

I also think there's some in the UK (that aren't good wood)
I know they do a hill climb at olivers mount, which uses bikes as well.

Myst1cPrun3

Here's another good one, France I believe