• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New official track

Started by PiBoSo, December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which official track would you prefer ( you can choose two! )?

Donington Park
Laguna Seca
Jerez
Mugello
Assen ( pre-2006 )
Spa
Other ( please write which one )

doubledragoncc

We have both Croft and Castle Combe on the database Mystic

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 13, 2019, 03:39:13 PM
We have both Croft and Castle Combe on the database Mystic

DD
Yep, I know, and I play them much more than stuff like mugello and Cota, and other gp circuits, which is what I was trying to say lol.

Nicotine

GP-Bikes Indonesia

RaDiCaL

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 11, 2019, 04:45:03 PMThank you to everyone who voted and commented.

In the end, it was decided to create the old Assen and then to try to bring back the old US track.

There already are good Mugello and Jerez version that it would be difficult to improve upon. Also it would probably be disrespectful to ignore what the community already did.

Hawk

Any news snippets you can give us on how things are going in the development of the Old Assen track Piboso?

Hawk

Quote from: Hawk on May 22, 2019, 05:39:46 PMAny news snippets you can give us on how things are going in the development of the Old Assen track Piboso?

Quote from: Davide74 on May 24, 2019, 07:49:09 PMPiboso exist?

Probably cause of the work involved it would be like Piboso taking on a 5th project and he's realising that he just hasn't got the time spare to do that right now? :-X

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on May 22, 2019, 05:39:46 PMAny news snippets you can give us on how things are going in the development of the Old Assen track Piboso?

There you go.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 03, 2019, 09:55:07 AM

There you go.

Whoop Whoop.
Any news on a release date?

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 03, 2019, 09:55:07 AM

There you go.

Looking good Piboso! Thanks for that mate!  ;D  8)

Any rough idea when it'll be released.... An initial beta version would be good.  ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 03, 2019, 09:58:25 AMAny news on a release date?

Unfortunately the release date cannot be estimated at the moment.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

I hope you keep Phillips Island once Assen is released, more original content looks beeter on steam

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Takuan_Soho

So, just to confirm part of your clients is made of old schmucks with a bit of motorcycle culture, I'd like old Suzuka and its variants as well as Charade :P But to be honest, as a license holder, do I really care about official circuits ? I enjoy older tracks and bikes a lot, and they can't be found elsewhere, that's the second strength of the game after the physics engine.

What I care about is having more players and populated servers (are there official ones ?). I think what we need is attractive circuits where newbies can be reasonably competitive and have fun on (same goes for bikes), and Brno would probably be good at that, as Victoria is.

Also, a basic controller layout for twin stick types would greatly help, as most people don't have other hardware to play with. I'm quite satisfied with mine, but I think most newcomers would get lost trying to find it.

For information, turning and forward/backward position on left stick, clutch on left trigger, downshift on L3, leaning L/R on LB/RB (but to be honest, I don't use that as much as I should), throttle with Down of right stick, rear brake with Right of right stick, upshift with R3, pushing the bike with X/A, reset with B, changing view with Y, looking around with the Up/Down/Left/Right hat.

Hawk

Quote from: Takuan_Soho on June 05, 2019, 10:28:50 AMSo, just to confirm part of your clients is made of old schmucks with a bit of motorcycle culture, I'd like old Suzuka and its variants as well as Charade :P But to be honest, as a license holder, do I really care about official circuits ? I enjoy older tracks and bikes a lot, and they can't be found elsewhere, that's the second strength of the game after the physics engine.

What I care about is having more players and populated servers (are there official ones ?). I think what we need is attractive circuits where newbies can be reasonably competitive and have fun on (same goes for bikes), and Brno would probably be good at that, as Victoria is.

Also, a basic controller layout for twin stick types would greatly help, as most people don't have other hardware to play with. I'm quite satisfied with mine, but I think most newcomers would get lost trying to find it.

For information, turning and forward/backward position on left stick, clutch on left trigger, downshift on L3, leaning L/R on LB/RB (but to be honest, I don't use that as much as I should), throttle with Down of right stick, rear brake with Right of right stick, upshift with R3, pushing the bike with X/A, reset with B, changing view with Y, looking around with the Up/Down/Left/Right hat.

So what is it your actually saying and want, Takuan_Soho? Realistic Classic/modern, or arcade milestone type bikes with power-ups and gamey features like unlocking suits, helmets, boosts, etc, etc?

But starting your post off with calling the more knowledgeable people in the community here who have contributed probably more than any other people on this site, "Old Smucks", is not a good way to try and convince others to agree with or help you push for what you want. ::)

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 05, 2019, 10:09:22 AMI hope you keep Phillips Island once Assen is released, more original content looks better on steam

DD

+1 DD Totally agree mate!  ;)  8)