• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:33:23 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MotoGP19

Started by Myst1cPrun3, March 12, 2019, 10:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: MaVericK on June 13, 2019, 11:00:03 PMWhy you talking about MGP19 so much ? It is only a milestone game - good polished crap....   with no soul, like all the games of this developer before.

End of message...

Maybe because this is an 'off topic' 'motogp 19' thread.....
And tbf it's probably the best game milestone have ever made tbh.

Blackheart

Quote from: DidietXFuera on June 14, 2019, 06:05:23 AMHelmet customization in MotoGP 19 makes me addictted

Great job here!  :)

Myst1cPrun3

Blackheart

June 14, 2019, 02:49:28 PM #123 Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:59:16 PM by Blackheart

Little vid vs the fastest ghost on xbox and my first laps with the Honda, it seems the best bike in the game, for sure without some little mistakes and the wrong gear to 0:40  it was a nice 1:35   :-[

EDIT: The patch is out:

QuoteeSport – Introduced eSport challenges.
Editors – Introduced stickers editor
Riders – Unlocked "Valentino Rossi 2001"
Gameplay – Improved vibration feedback.
Gameplay – Anti-wheelie rebalanced.
Gameplay – AI Rider skill levels rebalanced.
Gameplay – Fixed physics on kerbs (traction).
Gameplay – Fixed issue about ECU settings in box and race.
Gameplay – Fixed AI behavior in warm-up lap.
Gameplay – Updated 2D dashboard
Gameplay – Added mini dashboard in first person camera
Career – Added packages descriptions in pre-season tests.
Career – Fixed issue about "leg out" animation in career mode.
Career – Fixed ideal line issue while rewinding in career mode tests.
Online – Various fixes.
3D Models – Updated box lighting

Myst1cPrun3

That patch has completely changed the AI speed, holy crap... I was running 117% before the patch, and was capable of top 10s...
Now after the re-balance I was going faster than I've ever gone in pre-patch and am still about 3 secs a lap slower... THAN LAST PLACE
Still too much traction on the inside kerbs, outside ones are great, and the AI Now swerve for slipstreams, making Moto3 a load more fun, when they don't fuck off into the next race weekend and your on lap 2. XD

Good patch all in all, fixed a bunch of things, and improvements in terms of AI speed were needed. I have no doubt even the fastest 'E-sports racers' Will struggle on 120%.

(I qualified on a 1:51:6 at Argentina on the petronas Moto 3, and thought I was a real G, yet the Real world Pole time was a 1:48:7, which the AI will pretty much do on 117/118%, 120% is just unattainable for someone of my mediocrity lol)

Blackheart

June 14, 2019, 09:06:26 PM #125 Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:30:45 AM by Blackheart
For me this patch is the worst ever... its impossible improve the old laptimes, the bike now also with AW 4 is all time on a wheel, and its not fun :(

This vid is recorded some hours before the patch:

Tried to do the same lap after the patch for improve a bit before the e-sport challenge, a nightmare...

EDIT: Here the same lap in the new patch...

Any corners on a single wheel with max AW... I don't understand why MS didn't reset the ranking, the phisics now is different (AW and curbs grips).

Myst1cPrun3

I can't even connect to the esports events, all it says is 'invalid code'
Even created a new account.

As for the physics, I'm not too sure they're much different, however for some reason it is slower.
I will say I did prefer pre patch however.

The AI is a massive improvement noless

doubledragoncc

YES!!! Finally get all my Historic 500 2T bikes without having to do anything so DLC works now

Mini dash in 1st person is good for tyres but need to test after what Blacky said

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

June 15, 2019, 03:23:49 PM #128 Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:26:11 PM by Blackheart

[/quote]
Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 15, 2019, 08:52:59 AMYES!!! Finally get all my Historic 500 2T bikes without having to do anything so DLC works now

Mini dash in 1st person is good for tyres but need to test after what Blacky said

DDv

I need more laps for understand this patch because I'm slower on tiny tracks (short gears = more wheelies) but faster in the big tracks because the AW now cut less power.

Not tried yet the new AI but I read some not happy comments on steam...  so dunno. Please MS don't destroy an other game...

Myst1cPrun3

June 15, 2019, 05:38:30 PM #129 Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:51:46 PM by Myst1cPrun3 Reason: --UPDATE--
IMHO the game has been improved on the whole.

I think what milestone have done is only going to better serve the game in the long run and is a positive change (However the leader-boards should be wiped as the game is slower now).

I know that when I first played MotoGP 19, I was a bit upset at the physics, but over use, I've come to realise the fact that the physics are massively improved, and I've had the same feelings again when comparing Pre-Patch - Current.

As far as I can tell, they've made it so you can't rely on the Anti-Wheelie electronics to keep the front end down, and have to modulate the throttle somewhat realistically to ensure you 'power wheelie' out of the turns, which is the fastest way. As for the setups, one thing I did notice is that changing the final ratio has a different effect to shortening the individual gears, so for instance if I was banging off 6th gear down a straight I'd increase the final ratio, (Think its Pinion and Crown in-game), but if I was then wheeling I'd lengthen the individual gears this occurred in.

(May be the other way around I can't quite remember, I do remember though that one affects acceleration, and one is used to affect top speed, try using the 'Track Engineer' for this, as he's actually quite useful in this game, as the setups do seem to have the LARGEST effect on handling I've seen from a Milestone title)

What I do think they've done is simply removed the games moderation of the throttle, which is a big bonus for me, as in Ride 3, even with all assists turned off, on some bikes it still felt like there was an assist controlling the wheelies, and it felt similar to the Pre-Patch MGP19.

The AI is an improvement in terms of speed, handling is an improvement in terms of realism/difficulty, (Although still not a sim), the graphics and 2D dash updates are again improvements. The slipstream also appears to have been re-balanced, although it isn't mentioned, and is now a little stronger, and the AI will now swerve to pick up the slip stream off each other, although I've yet to see them do this to a player.

The only thing I dislike currently in the patch, is the vibration feedback changes, to me it just feels a little mushy if that makes sense, its hard to distinguish whats losing grip and by how much. And I'd love the option to turn off the feedback for increasing the speed/revs/wind effect, as when I'm going in a straight line that is just odd. I get why its there but in a game it just doesn't feel right.

A good update, improvements across the board, (slightly better FPS as well for me, around 2-3 on average, not much but its there,) and DLC works now, the Cagiva being deadly.

Can't wait for some more patches/content/updates.

I just wish they would let me access the E-Sports events, rather than just saying 'Invalid code' like no its not I literally followed your tutorial Milestone and even made a new MotoGP account how can it be invalid. XD

connorhall70

NOOBS PLAYING WITH AIDS MAN FUCK ANTI WHEELIE FUCK TRACTION CONTROL USE THE THROTTLE LIKE A MAN U FUCKIN PUSSIESSSSSSSSSS
GanjaGod

Blackheart

The e-sports invalid code
It was a bug I think or a server issue. For me it worked and done the 3 qualification challenges (not fun at all,  too easy).

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: connorhall70 on June 15, 2019, 07:41:46 PMNOOBS PLAYING WITH AIDS MAN FUCK ANTI WHEELIE FUCK TRACTION CONTROL USE THE THROTTLE LIKE A MAN U FUCKIN PUSSIESSSSSSSSSS

If the real bikes have the aids, I have no issue using them, as for me that makes it more sim like than not doing. And its often faster, but each to their own y'know :)

Blackheart

June 15, 2019, 09:19:33 PM #133 Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 09:37:28 PM by Blackheart
@Myst1cPrun3

Tried right now the new AI 120% in a 3 laps race, seems fast, but imo too aggressive sometimes, for example; Crutchlow at 0:44!  ;D

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Blackheart on June 15, 2019, 09:19:33 PM@Myst1cPrun3

Tried right now the new AI 120% in a 3 laps race, seems fast, but imo too aggressive sometimes, for example; Crutchlow at 0:44!  ;D

The AI in the MotoGP class, (and MotoE) are very odd in terms of some behaviour patterns, and do pull some aggressive moves. In the lower classes, (Moto3 + Moto2) they are quite good and certainly believable in most aspects.

Although one thing I would like to see added would be a few more sliders giving the user more control over that behaviour, such as an 'Aggression' Slider, which quite a few car sims have, and it basically controls how Aggressive the AI are when looking at battling. (Overtakes/Blocks etc)

One thing I would like to see as well would be a 'variation' slider for the AI, which would basically reduce/increase the lap time difference from the fastest AI making potentially closer Moto3 style racing, or more spaced out F1 style racing. It would be a huge improvement for me, as it would close up the field where its supposed to be, as in my Moto3 career mode there was several 1+2 bike breakaways, and that's just not a thing.

What I will say is that while A.N.N.A is a HUGE improvement over the previous AI, there are still some rough edges, and areas to improve, such as overtaking, which when on the player always seems to be a lunge from about 50 years back...