• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:02:59 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MotoGP19

Started by Myst1cPrun3, March 12, 2019, 10:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

June 15, 2019, 10:28:44 PM #135 Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:35:13 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 15, 2019, 10:03:14 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on June 15, 2019, 09:19:33 PM@Myst1cPrun3

Tried right now the new AI 120% in a 3 laps race, seems fast, but imo too aggressive sometimes, for example; Crutchlow at 0:44!  ;D

The AI in the MotoGP class, (and MotoE) are very odd in terms of some behaviour patterns, and do pull some aggressive moves. In the lower classes, (Moto3 + Moto2) they are quite good and certainly believable in most aspects.

Although one thing I would like to see added would be a few more sliders giving the user more control over that behaviour, such as an 'Aggression' Slider, which quite a few car sims have, and it basically controls how Aggressive the AI are when looking at battling. (Overtakes/Blocks etc)

One thing I would like to see as well would be a 'variation' slider for the AI, which would basically reduce/increase the lap time difference from the fastest AI making potentially closer Moto3 style racing, or more spaced out F1 style racing. It would be a huge improvement for me, as it would close up the field where its supposed to be, as in my Moto3 career mode there was several 1+2 bike breakaways, and that's just not a thing.

What I will say is that while A.N.N.A is a HUGE improvement over the previous AI, there are still some rough edges, and areas to improve, such as overtaking, which when on the player always seems to be a lunge from about 50 years back...

A other problem are the collisions, the rider in this game can't collide with AI models, so if u stop my vid at 1:11 the Crutchlow bike is entirely into my rider model. So A.N.N.A has "more space" for these odd moves.

Myst1cPrun3

Oh God yea, there are definitely 'corners cut' with the development, and I suspect that the decision to not include riders in the collisions is to aid ride-ability.

Hopefully as the AI learns more and is tweaked for the next couple of patches/games things will improve in that regard. For me it doesn't change the fact its still a huge improvement.

Still massively enjoying the game however.

KG_03

What you guys think about last update? It seems like the physics are a bit easier now. The tyre grip seems to be bigger with less difference in grip between compounds.

Blackheart

June 15, 2019, 11:22:40 PM #138 Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:35:27 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: KG_03 on June 15, 2019, 10:44:30 PMWhat you guys think about last update? It seems like the physics are a bit easier now. The tyre grip seems to be bigger with less difference in grip between compounds.

Mainly I play in time attack mode for improve quickly my laptimes, so the tires are to 100% and any time with soft compound, in this mode I dont see any phisics difference (excluding the AW change).

For now just a single race (that in the vid above) with the new patch, with Med front and Soft rear, and yep the difference are small, but tires temp and wear are quite different, my rear tire in the final lap was so hot ruining my race pace lol

I like just the stickers editor in this update :)

Myst1cPrun3

I've had to change the way I ride for it, and choose a compound of tyre based on what temps I get, and as per the real world, sometimes choosing a hard tyre isn't the right option for more tyre life.

As for the grip, there isn't much of a difference between the compounds grips in the real world, which is why we see several different tyre choices, and each bike choosing different bases. (Honda known for the hard fronts, yet yamaha go med to soft etc)

Hawk

I noticed they only do the short 10 lap sprint races in the Official esport champs, and ride in 3rd person too..... What's that all about?  :o

I just wish Dorna would treat the champs more seriously and do the full length GP race distances and ride in 1st person only... Surely that's what the "Official" champs should be all about so that winning was more than just being able to ride fast over short distance races but also to manage tyre wear and rider race fatigue too..... Doing the full distance races and doing it in 1st person view  I'm sure would give the riders in esport a lot more respect from spectators/fans and more sense of achievement and fulfillment for themselves.

Just my thoughts

doubledragoncc

Dorna got owned by Sony for the esports as Dorna wanted my systems but were not aloud to use anything but gamepads because Sony insist on it  and 3rd person is all that the competiters play in so 1st person is out too. So much for a realistic esports event.

The monopolization by Sony is getting out of hand and should be stopped

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

June 16, 2019, 12:06:09 PM #142 Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 12:12:13 PM by Hawk
Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 16, 2019, 11:01:58 AMDorna got owned by Sony for the esports as Dorna wanted my systems but were not aloud to use anything but gamepads because Sony insist on it  and 3rd person is all that the competiters play in so 1st person is out too. So much for a realistic esports event.

DD

+1 Totally agree DD..... And not only Sony, it's the same for all console manufacturers.... Gamers should realize that the true and more versatile gaming platform is the PC and that by supporting the console market will only lead to, and has done, lower quality gaming in comparison to what can be acheived by developers on PC's(even the developers admit that given the choice the PC is the best gaming platform to develop games for)...... How many times have previously exclusive console only games just been poorly coverted over for the PC market instead of working to the advantages of the PC and doing a proper job? The console manufacturers are taking the piss out of gamers for sure, but unfortunately most people follow the mass crowd and buy these crappy game consoles....

I think MotoGP 19 sounds like it is the best Milestone have done so far with the MotoGP series.... I just wish they didn't have to base development purely for the consoles and having to regard the PC side of development as secondary.... MotoGP games could be so much better without having consoles to develop for as the main mass market.... I just wish people would wake up and buy games for the PC, only then would we see a shift back to amazing ideas and games instead of much the same old stuff being developed all the time.

Support the PC market guys..... Drop the support for consoles! 

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 16, 2019, 11:01:58 AMDorna got owned by Sony for the esports as Dorna wanted my systems but were not aloud to use anything but gamepads because Sony insist on it  and 3rd person is all that the competiters play in so 1st person is out too. So much for a realistic esports event.

DD

Agreed. I do understand their need for keeping it consistent across the board of E-Sports, even playing field and all, but It would be nice to see a more 'realistic' approach, and I also realise too that this isn't necessarily Milestones fault.

Off topic but still kinda not but is:

As for Dorna wanting your system would it not be better to market it at WSBK events and stuff like that? Yes its still Dorna, but without an 'official game' I'd doubt that the same rules would apply, and it may be a great opportunity to show off both the system, GP Bikes, and some WSBK mods, without Sony throwing the toys out the pram so to speak. (Looking at you @Blackheart for those mods ;) ) I can't say for certain however as I've never looked into it and the licensing behind it.

Other events like the TT, (With the Kylotonn Game), and BSB, (with a BSB Mod @Blackheart) and some British tracks may be a way of attracting some larger customers individually but maybe not the 'official' sponsors if you get me.

Again I don't know what you've looked into vs what you haven't, just some passing thoughts.

Off Topic PT2:

Milestone and Sony have the Grand Prix Style racing nailed down (It may be not how we'd want the games to be, but a competitor would be up against it with Milestone and Sony being some 'Gaming Giants' so to speak, and the lawsuit hammer being what it is these days)

This is why I believe the WSBK market would be a much better focus as the main simulation for GP Bikes, (and maybe your systems to DD)

Maybe a GPB re-brand to 'Super-Bikes' or something.

I think this as there currently is no available game for the WSBK championship, and GPB has most of the WSBK Calendar and content in mods, so with a bit of marketing Dorna, and WSBK could take notice, and either give us a Super-Bike game, which I REALLY want, or support GPB with licensing and the first 'Official' content, which would boost its standings against competitors like BSE, which while it isn't released yet promises a steady stream of licensed bikes and tracks.

Either would be a win, and Sony would (Initially at least), not have their money hoover noses in the gaming part of it.

Back to Topic:

Quote from: Hawk on June 16, 2019, 12:06:09 PMI think MotoGP 19 sounds like it is the best Milestone have done so far with the MotoGP series.... I just wish they didn't have to base development purely for the consoles and having to regard the PC side of development as secondary.... MotoGP games could be so much better without having consoles to develop for as the main mass market.... I just wish people would wake up and buy games for the PC, only then would we see a shift back to amazing ideas and games instead of much the same old stuff being developed all the time.

Support the PC market guys..... Drop the support for consoles! 

While I'm not sure its the Hardware holding the MotoGP games back that much, (the graphics are good enough, even when up-scaled on the PC), what Milestone do is subject to their agreement with Dorna firstly.
A full PC release, which is then down-scaled to console peasantry,  would lose a tonne of income for MS/Dorna, as the console Market is arguably their biggest customer base.
This for me is due to a few reasons, the main one being the ease of consoles compared to PCs, (Although its not to big of an issue these days, it can still be an issue on some games that require controllers setting up)

And then there is also the fact that quite a lot of people don't even own a PC these days, nor do they have the space for one. This is due to the smartphones, smart watches, and smart TVs all functioning as a PC, with the ability to browse the internet, play basic games, and well, watch TV.. I can even do a word document, or beam a Power-Point presentation from my phone to a TV, and I can use my phone as a remote if I need to.

The result is most people having a console as a replacement for a DVD player, it has a wireless controller, One, that can be moved anywhere, can turn on or off the device, and can control most games, as these days 99% of games use controllers.

While the consoles hardware may be slower and crappier than most PC's, its much easier to use in the long-run, and doesn't require much in the way of space and wires ETC, and I truly believe that in the future, recreational PC's will become redundant, (He says looking down at his new PC, which cost more than perhaps I should have spent), and everything becoming console/smart TV related, and at a pinch going to the weird dystopian future that the cyberpunk 2077 game showed in its trailers.

So, to cut the text down, it would severly harm Milestone to do this as the motoGP games require controllers, and are pretty much perfectly suited to consoles,a s they aren't too serious, and aren't to simmy so living room loungers get as much out of it as PC sweats.

As for MotoGP 19 itself, yes, it quite simply is the best Milestone Motorcycle game to date. Including the old SBK games and previous MotoGP games.

Blackheart

@Myst1cPrun3

I think a WSBK game will be released by MS in the next 2 years, if with MotoGP 19 they will earn enough money. Unfortunately on PC the game does not sell a lot, with cracked version and keys on websites as g2a, kinguin, etc...

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Blackheart on June 17, 2019, 03:45:35 AM@Myst1cPrun3

I think a WSBK game will be released by MS in the next 2 years, if with MotoGP 19 they will earn enough money. Unfortunately on PC the game does not sell a lot, with cracked version and keys on websites as g2a, kinguin, etc...

+1
Pc doesn't sell as much as consoles, and what does sell is mostly like you said cracked and for a reduced price.

Using those type of sites may be good for your wallet but in the long run is harming the industry, and meaning devs won't bother as much with PC releases as the consumer takes the advantage.

Hence why I always pay full price, although some does go to steam ms still get more than they do a sale through a site like G2a at the end of it

Myst1cPrun3

June 17, 2019, 07:19:51 AM #146 Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:22:21 AM by Myst1cPrun3
Hence why, Milestone will never fully focus on the PC side of things, and will put a lot of effort into their deal with Sony.

As that's where the moneys at.

Buy from an authorised source (stated on MGP/Milestone websites) if you guys really want to save PC and Milestone games, as well as reduce sony's monopoly on the franchise.

Once they see there's a customer base outside of Sony, dorna/motogp/Milestone may be open to other development options, both in game and hardware sided

-aGy-

DD

nerds want to play with gamepad and so be it. waiting for bse simulator and i hope its not gamepad combatible. motogp 19 ue4 fatal error. only can do time trial. nice milestone

doubledragoncc

Fatal error is normally windows defender, make an exclusion to the game install folder and should stop fatal error

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: -aGy- on June 17, 2019, 10:22:44 AMnerds want to play with gamepad and so be it. waiting for bse simulator and i hope its not gamepad combatible. motogp 19 ue4 fatal error. only can do time trial. nice milestone

Why would you want to exclude part of the community, not everyone has the desire, money or space for things other than gamepads. (Me included)

They're just not playable with a keyboard.

There's nothing wrong with playing with a game pad, and once setup can be more than adequate.

Stating that they're less of an enthusiast or should be excluded from playing a certain game because of it is just going to kill the motorcycle gaming/simming community, I know I for one wouldn't play.

I just can't understand that point of view.

As for MotoGP 19, as DD said, that's probably antivirus or windows defender related on your end.