• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:13 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

So, what's next?

Started by DidietXFuera, June 21, 2019, 08:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DidietXFuera

After the complaint about the copyright from one of the developers, the GP-Bikes forum was increasingly quiet. Does the modder no longer want to make mods? Or is modder just busier in the real world now?

For PiBoSo, I hope you continue to work to develop GP-Bikes for the better. I also hope that GP-Bikes can get the final version as soon as possible. thank you

GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

Blackheart

GP Bikes for me needs a new engine this year, modders lose interest with old graphics (and with 40° better to go at the beach).

matty0l215

I would say old engine is the problem.

More so how difficult it is to work without any sort of documentation.

Making somthing look pretty is one thing but it's no good if it can't be ridden effectivly
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on June 21, 2019, 08:25:30 AMGP Bikes for me needs a new engine this year, modders lose interest with old graphics (and with 40° better to go at the beach).

+1

I've been saying for a few years that Piboso should move over to the UE4 engine.....

For a modern-day "Indie-Dev" to continue developing, maintaining and updating their own engine, never mind the poor-use of time involved(time is money, right?), in this day and age is pure madness! No disrespect but, WAKE-UP Piboso!! :o  :o  ;)  :)

doubledragoncc

+1

Sad to say it too but it is 2019 not 1999..........

The engine is not going to attract new customers in this age of PC gaming. UE4 is the way to go and if your not on the band wagon you get left behind, just hard facts

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

connorhall70

idk if u remember, but i triggered the entire community sayign this game was gonna die. here we are at the beginning of it all, mods will be unbelievably SLOW being made, and if rushed they wont only probably not ride correctly due to bugs not being fixed to do with mods, but also the models will suck ass. they will be dire compared to what we have been used to getting.
Whats next? looking forward to piboso's annual update. or we could get lucky and receive 2 updates in 1 year!
GanjaGod

Myst1cPrun3

For me, a game engine update/change is needed ASAP.

Just general modernisation, as GPB is going on for 10 years old (maybe more), and while it still looks better than some games did at that time, and there has been progress, the age is showing.

From what I can gather GPB is Pibs most played game out of his 4, and certainly the most active, and so I would have thought that it would receive the most updates, and get them first, and then have them ported across to the other sims.

However that doesn't appear to be the case sadly, and the lack of development updates is probably going to kill the market, especially as competitors, (and maybe former GP Bikers) enter the market as competitors and not modders. (BSE)

One thing I think would determine if GPB survives or not as is, is the mod content.
Imo Piboso should Not try to moderate what content modders create licensing issues or not.
I appreciate taking the 'moral high ground' etc, but as with all other modded racing sims, it is the modders responsibility, and indeed the modders who get the lawsuits. The minute Pib posted that thread, and tried to take responsibility, he's enabled himself to be open to the legal action, and subsequently killed off a huge nodding community.

As a result to overcome this, a GPB mod download tab on somewhere like Race department would be a benefit to GPB, and would open it up to a bunch of other users, as that's used for several other sums, like rf, 1 and 2, AC, R3E etc. Motogp games are incidentally on there also

WALKEN

There is something to be said having developed your own engine. Its called freedom. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Doom and gloom, either you support PiBoSo on his quest or you don't, plain and simple. There have been members of this forum who have come and gone but PiBoSo is still here!

Like this developer-  http://flarerpg.org/    his engine is awesome... I guess you can just go play diablo but Flare is awesome IMO..
Help me, help you!

Myst1cPrun3

June 21, 2019, 08:11:10 PM #8 Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:26:26 PM by Myst1cPrun3 Reason: --I CAN'T SPELL--
Quote from: WALKEN on June 21, 2019, 05:52:10 PMThere is something to be said having developed your own engine. Its called freedom. Rome wasn't built in a day.

+1
Agree with that, however in order for that engine to be a success it would have to be constantly updated and go with the times, and even I, who has been here a comparability small amount of time, can see little to no changes in the engine, even from the alpha footage on YT.

The only thing that changes seems to be the quality of content as modders learn the unique engine and find limitations.

Learning an engine it should be said takes time, especially if several other moddable sims use another engine, and can be a pain to work between the two I should imagine.

Quote from: WALKEN on June 21, 2019, 05:52:10 PMDoom and gloom, either you support PiBoSo on his quest or you don't, plain and simple. There have been members of this forum who have come and gone but PiBoSo is still here!

As for supporting vs not doing, I'm not entirely sure it's that simple.

We're all here because of the fact there is a severe lack of content when it comes to an 'accurate motorcycle simulator', and GPB, for the most part fills that gap, and as users, we want that game/sim to be the best it can be, (Pib included I should imagine) we just have to figure out how to get there, and how to get the product we all want.

Overall I'd say Pib has done a bang up job so far, especially considering his workload of 4 sims and a custom engine, not to mention the fact that the community is probably one of the best communities out there for gaming, and as the 'off topic' thread suggests, anything else as well.

Seems like Pib has done a good job of bringing like minded people together over a product, that may not initially appeal to most.

However, in in my 2 ish years of being here, there have been about 2-3 updates, and another 2 ish minor ones, which for a product that's supposed to be in active development, isn't really good enough for modern standards. (again nothing against Pib as I know he's got a lot on his plate with his products and I have the utmost admiration for someone as dedicated and as ambitious as that, just saying it as it is, especially for GPBs growth)

Forum members come and go, GP bikers come and go, exactly like you said, but I can't help wondering if the reason why they come and go is because of these very issues, that have been raised in thread after thread topic after topic.
I mean from what I can gather the BSE dev team used to be GPB modders who left the sim to do their own thing, as they felt they could do it better,

Edit:which fair play to them, but you have to ask why did they feel this way?
BSE consequently seems to be promising a very active development, with consistent content and engine updates, and their main marketing seems to be all the things GPB doesn't posess, such as licensed content, the Unreal engine, and various other bits like damage, and manually picking up the bike.
The fact they've built that from scratch in the same time frame as 2 GPB Updates.... While they are a small team and Pib is one guy, it Says a lot for the unreal engines develop-ability, and this boost is just what GPB needs.

To me it seems that GPB is the most popular of pibosos titles, and seems to be the quietest on the 'daily dev reprise', and the update schedule confirms this.

It seems that pib is inadvertently creating his own competitors to me, who are using newer, fancier engines, that are easier for the community to understand, as they're used in several different games.

For now, the classic Assen, an unreal engine update, letting the community make what they want, from where they want, but making THEM suffer the repercussions, like any other sim, as well as hopefully a race-department tab would be a decent start.

STILL love the sim, still love piboso, I just would do things a little different that's all. Shame I'm not smart enough for all this coding crap or I'd give it a bash.

Hawk

Totally agree with you, Myst1cPrun3, you about said it all.  ;)

Personally I think Piboso took too many projects on but he has to do what he has to do to survive I guess.... It's not easy surviving as a one man indie developer in this day and age, but I think he probably makes it harder for himself by not embracing the likes of the UE4 SDK and going with that modern flow these days, it's a terrific deal that Epic are doing for developers there..... I'm sure his work would be quicker and the visual capability is already there built in with no need for Piboso to waste time developing his own engine, as well as most if not all his code could migrate across into the UE4 SDK I would've thought?

What are the benefits of sticking to developing ones own engine these days, when we have the deals that are available today for indie developers, that's what I'd like to know?

WALKEN

June 21, 2019, 10:02:05 PM #10 Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:29:31 PM by WALKEN
IDK Hawk, that is like saying "why have a website when you can just advertise on FB"

People are always telling me how to manage my bands but the interesting thing is we draw more than the way people do things conventionally in the now. We don't do any social media at all only word of mouth and tangible posters/postcards etc...

I respect those who have a vision and don't take the supposed easy way out... Personally I have been involved in MotoGP gaming/racing since 2001 and have seen lots of ideas fail, mostly concerning the higher end companies... But Shawn Hargreaves who developed the netcode for GP1 was way ahead of the game. Also Mah2f and KMASnake from Network-Challenge designed a online recorder for GP games that worked better than all the scoreboards any top shelf developers ever tried... Maybe PiBoSo will linger on in this state of being forever and progress only due to ambition. Besides that physics are way more important than graphics...   

I do understand the desire to have GPBikes move forward but at the same time you need the motivation and sometimes passion oppose to monetary has low moments. Look at Kart Racing Pro on Steam! That doesn't exactly give PiBoSo a big enough reward to work harder IMO... In fact I think I will just go buy it now and be part of the cause & effect. Point is if you want GPBikes to progress then the right thing to do is to support Kart Racing Pro on Steam..

-WALKEN-     
Help me, help you!

Napalm Nick

Dig deep Walken.

Just wanted to say I loved every minute of my golden GPBikes years. Multiple GPB licences held and worth every penny for the enjoyment I got out of it. Thank you PiBoSo!

But yeah, no engagement with the community and years of forlorn hope later, I just check up here now and again now (well quite regularly actually cos Im a mug). Grateful that people like the Prune-Man keep it alive with the same enthusiasm we had back then, shaking my head but smiling as the same conversations go round and round and round and round. The real hilarity is someone wrote this same kind of message when I joined. Glad no-one searches the forum to see if their post has already been written a million times, or the forum would be up with the Dodo's.   :-*

But I still have some hope for the game but I understand now it may not be in my lifetime and Im not even bitter. The man has his plan and I can respect that even if I cant understand it.

I do wish you all the best, PiBoSo, with your games and life. In the mean time there are other games for me to get enthusiastic about.

See you all at GPB V1 boys.

(Dont mind my signature I thought it was fitting).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Lol! ;D
I really cannot understand your thinking Walken; it's as if your saying that your doing okay as you are so no need to aim for bigger or better or keeping up to date with current trends and technologies for what people want from your products? That may work for a while, but what tends to happen is that people will just suddenly stop buying your stuff because it just doesn't fulfill what they want or need anymore, especially when someone else comes along who moves with the times in using current up to date technology to service a better quality product that also has the quality of your previous product and much more..... No, I just don't understand you thinking mate. :)

An Analogy: It's like your saying that one day in the future, if we continue to support you, you'll eventually win a GP race by riding your moped when everyone else is competing with proper GP racing bikes purposely built to win GP's and expertly updated each year to improve their handling..... Are you serious? Good luck with that I say.... It's madness!! :o  Lol! ;D

WALKEN

June 22, 2019, 05:11:47 AM #13 Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:13:56 AM by WALKEN
Quote from: Hawk on June 21, 2019, 11:21:51 PMLol! ;D
I really cannot understand your thinking Walken; it's as if your saying that your doing okay as you are so no need to aim for bigger or better or keeping up to date with current trends and technologies for what people want from your products? That may work for a while, but what tends to happen is that people will just suddenly stop buying your stuff because it just doesn't fulfill what they want or need anymore, especially when someone else comes along who moves with the times in using current up to date technology to service a better quality product that also has the quality of your previous product and much more..... No, I just don't understand you thinking mate. :)

An Analogy: It's like your saying that one day in the future, if we continue to support you, you'll eventually win a GP race by riding your moped when everyone else is competing with proper GP racing bikes purposely built to win GP's and expertly updated each year to improve their handling..... Are you serious? Good luck with that I say.... It's madness!! :o  Lol! ;D

Naaa, I understand completely. It all depends on what the overall goal is, maybe this is enough for PiBoSo? Its like MotoGP19, it has everything anyone could ever want to a point but the fans still bitch they want/need more. You can't make everyone happy. Milestone have been developing bike games for years and everyone is still telling them they suck, do better, lol

Give me a few tracks and a bike or kart and set of scoreboards and thousands of players fighting for a faster lap and I'm happy! Even the lobbies on gp19 PC are thin, imagine how Milestone must feel, lol

The reason I brought up KRP on Steam is because IMO that is PiBoSo way of getting out there and it appears that it just died on the vine? I'm not claiming to know any better than anyone else around here, I'm just sharing my opinion. Imagine GPBikes physics in GP19, then imagine Shawn Hargreaves netcode for online. I caught up with some old friends on Gp19 tonight which directed me to twitch and I directed them here its all anyone can do is spread the word.. Advertise! I also made a KRP video to upload on youtube.

Oooooooor just yell at PiBoSo and tell him to get off his lazy ass and finish GPBikes, lol     :)     
Help me, help you!

adrmelandri

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 21, 2019, 05:51:05 PMAs a result to overcome this, a GPB mod download tab on somewhere like Race department would be a benefit to GPB, and would open it up to a bunch of other users, as that's used for several other sums, like rf, 1 and 2, AC, R3E etc. Motogp games are incidentally on there also
I agree on this. Many people in Indonesia, or at least in MotoGP Game Group, are actually interested with GPB because they've seen us playing the game with many mods, many different types of bike and category with realistic physics.. not to mention the tracks mod also..
Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof.
Life is not a child's play.
https://adrmeisterwerk.wordpress.com/