• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

So, what's next?

Started by DidietXFuera, June 21, 2019, 08:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 21, 2019, 08:11:10 PMEdit:which fair play to them, but you have to ask why did they feel this way?
BSE consequently seems to be promising a very active development, with consistent content and engine updates, and their main marketing seems to be all the things GPB doesn't posess, such as licensed content, the Unreal engine, and various other bits like damage, and manually picking up the bike.
The fact they've built that from scratch in the same time frame as 2 GPB Updates.... While they are a small team and Pib is one guy, it Says a lot for the unreal engines develop-ability, and this boost is just what GPB needs.

Except BSE, as aleady said here a while ago, is not using unreal engine (but yeah, they are using some other engine and not their own).

Rest of the discussion is as old as GPB itself. In fact what people will be happy with is not only a new engine. It's a new engine, much improved modding support, better netcode, better physics, everything.
Even assuming all this gets done, some of the already thin player base for motorbike games will still play Milestones/official games, because of the licenses, the advertising, the online competitions with prizes (and maybe even because the AAA motorbike games are getting better, at least judging from the recent Ride/MotoGP19 comments). So it's not even sure that if GPB had all we are asking for, that would be a real breakthrough. Yeah, a bunch of motobike sim nerds will be way happier, but that could be all.

After all this time, my personal conclusion is that PiBoSo may be fine with the current status of things (all his games, not GPB only).
Players come attracted by this or that homemade video on YT or some sporadic spotlight that stumbled on GPB. Initially they are enthusiastic but after 2 years they start complaining about lack of progress and after another 2 years they drop off.
The point is: if they are replaced by some other players (that will eventually drop off themselves later on), this may be OK for PiBoSo.

I'm under the impression the goal is not to succeed, or at least not in the sense the players intend. The goal of GPB/PiBoSo seems to be to survive. Have to admit that it is succesfull in that respect. And I'm not saying this to mock/insult. Atually I wonder how in hell he managed to achieve this with extremely limited resources, no PR/advertising etc.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2019, 09:36:13 AMExcept BSE, as aleady said here a while ago, is not using unreal engine (but yeah, they are using some other engine and not their own).

Wasn't too sure what engine it was, thought it was unreal, but it may have been unity, which is  another very good engine, and one that I always mix up with unreal lol.

As for the rest of what you said, yeah, that pretty much covers it.

Just depends on whether Pib wants to do more than survive, and if he does, he should do it ASAP to avoid the player-base depleting to levels of MXB, WRS, and KRP.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 23, 2019, 09:45:16 AMJust depends on whether Pib wants to do more than survive
Wants or can. Sometimes it's not a matter of will.

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 23, 2019, 09:45:16 AM, and if he does, he should do it ASAP to avoid the player-base depleting to levels of MXB, WRS, and KRP.
You think GPB sells better / has more players than KRP and MXB ?!

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2019, 11:12:27 AMYou think GPB sells better / has more players than KRP and MXB ?!

Based off the steam reviews, and the forum activities, I'd say KRP has less 'active' users, and MXB the same.l, and neither have any open servers, but these days there's usually at least one on GBP.
Not too sure about wrs, as I've never even looked into it, as there's so many other great car racing sims out there that offer so much more in all departments

PiBoSo

June 23, 2019, 01:40:42 PM #19 Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:43:02 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2019, 09:36:13 AMAfter all this time, my personal conclusion is that PiBoSo may be fine with the current status of things (all his games, not GPB only).
Players come attracted by this or that homemade video on YT or some sporadic spotlight that stumbled on GPB. Initially they are enthusiastic but after 2 years they start complaining about lack of progress and after another 2 years they drop off.
The point is: if they are replaced by some other players (that will eventually drop off themselves later on), this may be OK for PiBoSo.

I'm under the impression the goal is not to succeed, or at least not in the sense the players intend. The goal of GPB/PiBoSo seems to be to survive. Have to admit that it is succesfull in that respect. And I'm not saying this to mock/insult. Atually I wonder how in hell he managed to achieve this with extremely limited resources, no PR/advertising etc.

I'm sorry to give the impression that I am fine, or even happy, with the current state the various projects are in.
I am always very sad when users leave the community because they are not happy with development pace.
The actual goal for this year is to publish all projects on Steam. To do this, work is in progress on a new track and a new bike, and additional content is planned. Of course the TODO list also includes graphics improvements, better multiplayer, better modding tools, revised user interface, ...

I have no time and resources to do PR and advertising, however several users offered help in the past and I am grateful to them. However, I feel like it's not a good move to advertise a project that is still very much work in progress.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2019, 11:12:27 AM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 23, 2019, 09:45:16 AMJust depends on whether Pib wants to do more than survive
Wants or can. Sometimes it's not a matter of will.

This.

PiBoSo

June 23, 2019, 01:54:04 PM #21 Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:10:53 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 23, 2019, 12:08:54 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2019, 11:12:27 AMYou think GPB sells better / has more players than KRP and MXB ?!

Based off the steam reviews, and the forum activities, I'd say KRP has less 'active' users, and MXB the same.l, and neither have any open servers, but these days there's usually at least one on GBP.
Not too sure about wrs, as I've never even looked into it, as there's so many other great car racing sims out there that offer so much more in all departments

It's always uncomfortable to talk about sales with users that actually paid their hard earned money to fund a work in progress project.
Nonetheless, since you brought the subject up, please note that forum activity doesn't directly reflect sales.

KRP sells more than double the other projects combined. Even the standalone version of KRP to this day sells about the same as GPB. MXB, despite not being updated in over six months, still sells much more than GPB.

However this doesn't really matter, because I'm trying to give equal time to all projects, except the poor WRS that many times had to take a step back :(
I know that every community would like me to focus 100% on their project, so I guess this is the only fair decision: to make everyone equally unhappy  :-\

WALKEN

"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent" PiBoSo, lol

Naaaa, I think what you do is amazing! Im grateful to be part of your vision on any level.

Many people have ideas but unless they are in the drivers seat its hard to see the walls one must climb.

Your work deserves attention but at the same time from those who have a deeper interest in the overall goal.

Everyone wants affirmation but it must come from a place that is sincere! Godspeed PiBoSo!

PS- to anyone/everyone, I have been hosting on KRP if yall want to join. Just search for -WALKEN-     
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 23, 2019, 12:08:54 PMBased off the steam reviews, and the forum activities, I'd say KRP has less 'active' users, and MXB the same.l, and neither have any open servers, but these days there's usually at least one on GBP.
As per right now, I see 14 MXB servers online ...

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 23, 2019, 01:40:42 PMI'm sorry to give the impression that I am fine, or even happy, with the current state the various projects are in.
Hmm "fine" was probably not the best wording for it from me. Maybe "sustainable" or "acceptable", even if not "satisfactory".

Anyway, thanks for openly replying to all this.

KG_03

June 23, 2019, 07:06:39 PM #24 Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:08:25 PM by KG_03
I see the perfect solution for that situation we have now. PiBoSo could help BSE guys using his experience and code to make the best ass kicking motorcycle game.

I love GP Bikes, and I dont care about candy like graphics in Milestone products. All I care about is realism. I still like to make laps with M2 bike but as I said many times, the thing I really hate in GP Bikes is lack of content and equal physics quality of the mods. I really am thankful to modders for their work but I started to hate situation when after riding on M2 bike at Victoria Circuit I pick modded bike which is more arcady on a track which has the same grip levels on grass as on track. Without help from developer it will be hard to achieve equal moded content.

With the current development speed it will take more years to have around 20 tracks, and few bikes for each category. Im not leaving the comunity because GP Bikes has the best physics which Milestone game will never reach. I just have a feeling that whatever we say or write, we will not change PiBoSo mind. And here we come to THE question... Should we still support the project we are not happy with or should we not? If we yes, we would show we apprecite the developer work (no doubt he deserves that) but in the end we would also show we are happy with the current state of development - what is not true.

BSE is using Unity engine. For me it would be a fantastic if PiBoSo merged with those guys and kicked Milestone ass.

guigui404

PiBoSo don't forget that you have give a lot of happiness with all of your games.
No matter how many of us continue to follow or play it , you succeed to create a game we all had enjoy at one time , 100% of us , and I don't think of another game like this actually.
Still hope you the best , with GP-Bikes , or any project you are involved in

Myst1cPrun3

I love GPB, and I am on awe of the way Pib goes about the upkeep of 4 sims at once.
I do wish updates would be more frequent, and I do believe that would increase the playerbase/current customer satisfaction.
Also a new engine would be a big boost to attracting new customers, as many more people put a huge emphasis on graphics over physics, which, while I don't agree with, first impressions, and indeed the visual fidelity, do count.

Anyway, regardless, I'll keep coming back to GPB religiously, due to the sheer variation of content, and the VR, which is awesome.

doubledragoncc

I will never give up on GPB........for me the one thing apart from the bike physics is input control and adjusability, there is nobody out there that can touch Piboso on this point

MASSIVE THANKS Mr P

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

poumpouny

I'm very disappointed with how the humanity is thinking these days :

1 : Big company ( like Milestone) make AAA games, with a "compromise physic" to attract more people to be able to make profit and pay their hundreds of employee, licences fee. and is forced to make almost 1 new game each years.

Humanity : "Fuck off Milestone, don't mess me with you're eye candy UE4 thing, you'physics sucks, Go hire a really physic developer."

2 : 1 Guy develop an indie motorcycle simulator, with kicking ass physics (still not finished since 10 years), VR support, a ton of mod (almost all existing track), unbeatable input configurability, track ir support,  , and sell it 29 Bucks + a free copy of WRS (a car simulator with also kicking ass physics, especially on dirt) ........

Humanity : "Fuck off Piboso, you're game looks like a 1990's atari title, you're physic is not an excuse to not have eye candy, why don't you switch to UE4 ? it's very easy no ?"

- Guys, you don't even imagine what a nightmare UE4 is and how much work represent switching engine (i'm working in that area so i'know what i'm talking about) ! IF you doubt ask Kunos's guy ! Also you're also forgetting how difficult is to mod an UE4 based game ............

Peoples

I really enjoy playing GP bikes despite all the current inconvenients of the game. Piboso should be proud about what he achieved, but many things need to be improved... I just want to say thank you for developing this game, which is the best motorcycle game ever in terms of physics, but as people already said the community is decreasing and some guys dissapointed with the barely support of GPB. I hope that you get GPB released in steam soon and improve the game (at least the basic stuff to avoid people to be angry).