• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:05 AM

TT IoM 2: Announced

Started by Myst1cPrun3, June 15, 2019, 10:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Sooooo. Kylotonn announced a few weeks ago a sequel to the 'controversial' TT Isle of Man 'Ride in the Hedge' (as I call it as that seems to be all I can do), coming next year. (2020)

Thoughts?

My thought is that it could be good, or it could be a rehash of the first game with updated liveries. Based off the first game I honestly don't know what to expect from them.

What I do know is that Kylotonn are dedicated to becoming a big player in the Racing Sim/Game market, and have really been pushing the new WRC games 'simlike' qualities.

I also know that they've been trying to introduce VR to their Racing games, and mixed with the TT game, which had a VERY high quality representation of the TT course, could be amazing.

TBH, the main feature would be the handling. It needs to be improved, which again they've been focusing on massively in the WRC games, (Even getting pro rally drivers to develop most of the handling, not just provide feedback on a few areas) so I can't see any reason as to why they couldn't do this with the TT game.
Whether they will or not, well, that's a different kettle of fish but still.

Curious to see how this is going to be received, launching a new full price TT game, especially considering the lack of updates and developer feedback to the original.

As you can see from their posts about their new games, 'authenticity' seems to be a big push. Whether that's realism or not IDK, I hope it is but still its all in the open as of yet.

Myst1cPrun3

I owned the original on all platforms, and loved it despite its glaring issues, so I'm optimistic for this BTW, and seeing as Milestone did a comparatively good job with MotoGP 19 I'm in a good mood for new releases.

Still skeptical but hopeful

KG_03

I was very surprised about their announcement.

Their disrespectful attitude to the players made me speachless.

I tried to contact BigBen, TT devs and there was no reply at all. I posted on FB question about their plans for TT game if they will update it and again they remain silent.

Their support for games is just terrible.

If the TT game will be just a content update to the previous version with broken physics then it will not be a game worth to buy...

I fear that they will just release the same unfinished game. TT could be epic, it has some great elements. All the problem was a broken handling with rear tyre slideouts.

doubledragoncc

Ive been working with a major VR company and we are building a Kawasaki motion system (platform cost them £110,000 alone) and started talking to Kylotonn before the splitt but still trying to sort out VR and controller inputs with the developers but they are VERY hard to work with.

Did a test on my old sit-on system and was ok but inputs need sorting and the software is hard to work with too

Lets hope they also add Mad Friday to it so lots of riders can ride online

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Myst1cPrun3

So, a new announcement was made, about the new game...

Oh my, I can't wait.

Sim - Handling, Classic Bikes, Setups, Fuel economy, managing things like tyres and brakes, custom bike parts, and what looks like rain weather, presuming for the other tracks/historic TT's.

Click on Pic for full article:

[url=https://postimages.org/][url=https://postimages.org/][/url]

Hawk

Sounds to me like the first release was basically a beta version of what the newly announced release should've been in the first place?

My conclusion..... This so called new version should be released as an update for the original version.... Too much of this releasing poor original versions and then expecting you to buy a second version which is just an updated version from the first..... It's a right old racket! Why don't they get it right first time round instead of conning people out of their money with poor original versions?

Myst1cPrun3

I can't say for certain, as I am not sure in the details of their agreement with the ACU, but it seemed to me like the first game was just released for the sake of releasing a game, and having a title there.

As a sort of market test if you will.

While I do think this would have been better as an update, they would have to earn some revenue to pay back for the license, and the cost of laser scanning the course, which I should imagine isn't cheap.

Either way, I hope this lives up to what they're saying here, and I certainly will be buying it regardless. (I own the original on PS4, xbox and PC lol)

As for getting it right first time, there isn't much profit in that Hawk, come on, it's business man 😉

Although it must be said,
If you treat the bikes like real ones, and use the same sort of inputs, and do similar lap times to the real world, the game, it must be said, behaves Brilliantly for around 98% of the time.

The issues arise when you start pushing past that, and get to the edge of the physics engines available grip.

Hopefully this will amend those issues nearer the limit, and for me, that's the only really issue I have. How the bike responds to being on the limit, and over bumps. (not enough movement etc)
But fix one, you may fix the other too

doubledragoncc

As long as they actually allow an analog input for rear brake instead of just press a button deal this time lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: Hawk on June 23, 2019, 02:18:03 PMSounds to me like the first release was basically a beta version of what the newly announced release should've been in the first place?

My conclusion..... This so called new version should be released as an update for the original version.... Too much of this releasing poor original versions and then expecting you to buy a second version which is just an updated version from the first..... It's a right old racket! Why don't they get it right first time round instead of conning people out of their money with poor original versions?

Oh so true the hype they made about IOM TT "Will be able to use any kind of controller" BS lol

Digital input for brakes..........really in 2018!!! WTF

DD still laughing

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Takes from this:
New handling
Weather
Requirement to get 6 signatures in career mode to enter the tt, as per real world, or enter the Manx GP which is in the game.
Classic TT
Joey Dunlops 1977 yamaha
Agos MV Agusta
1970s +80s bikes
Release first half of next year

doubledragoncc

BUT still nothing about real input devices so I bet it is just for the fucking gamepad..............All hail Piboso!!!

DD

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 26, 2019, 03:31:20 PMBUT still nothing about real input devices so I bet it is just for the fucking gamepad..............

Sadly gamepads are the main consumer control input, as most people elect not to use steering wheels for bike games, as that feels odd, and there aren't many systems like yours available (yet)
Gotta cater to the main base, and make it easy for those, any extra is a bonus.
But as a gamepad peasant I must say if they follow through with all this I would be very hyped for this game

poupou59890

June 27, 2019, 10:02:06 AM #13 Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:03:54 AM by poupou59890
Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 26, 2019, 03:31:20 PMBUT still nothing about real input devices so I bet it is just for the fucking gamepad..............All hail Piboso!!!

DD

HI DD (and the others too) I am completly agree with you, I understand that they cannot make a full gamme with only special inputs as yours but Yeah I would love to see that..this game graphics and the TT is awesome, not a lot of bike but the fun of this race in VR with a systems like yours will be for me hours of pleasure..bit I doubt that I will see that one day... hopefully GPbikes has TT tracks but the track of IOMTT is very well detailed.

I started to weld my chassis, today or tomorrow I will receive the poly for tank and rear seat.

Than I will be able to put all the commands in place.

And for that do you have pictures of how you realise your changing gear switch ? It is the last thing I need to make.

I understand that you use common ground and "steel" contact I just want to know what you use as contact : screws ?

Thanks for your reply,

I started to read all infos regarding GPBIKES futures...and It seems to be difficult lol Hopefully, programmers will start to use other input as at least racing wheel in order to have better feeling than gamepad.

My system will use DSA mode. I would love to use this system on a full detailed TT tracks in VR...

Maybe one time..

If they implement VR in IOMTT 2 it will be a start.

SAme thing for motogpXX , motogp19 is fun to ride, good times, even if first person cam is good, it is nothing compare to full VR...

have a nice day everyone.

doubledragoncc

My system has no common ground. All input grounds are on the bodnar board.

DD