• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:15:34 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Gear Change Controls

Started by teeds, June 27, 2019, 06:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

This is what I've setup on my rig for gear shifting controls using guitar foot switches, feels very much like the real thing. The lever sits central and after initial free movement you get resistance then a click up or down gears. A bit dusty now  :) -

matty0l215

Very clever.  :D

Is the travel similar to that of a real bike??
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Chris_Beeves

I used guitar pedal switches on my foot controls too. All bikes are a bit different in gear pedal feel and behave differently depending on up/down shift, revs, clutch and so on. But I would say this is absolutely close enough. Play can be easily adjusted too.
I had to try..

davidboda46

Nice one! I like it.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

poupou59890

Hi,

Thanks for thoses pictures, I actually trying to design something like this (with guitar switch) but I do not know how to proceed, now I have an idea.

thanks

teeds

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 27, 2019, 08:52:54 PMIs the travel similar to that of a real bike??

Yea it's pretty close, can't really tell the difference between the controller and my GSXR or KX250. It's been in action for about 3 years of fairly heavy use too, no problems yet.

doubledragoncc

I use mechanical with no switches for reliability and looks

It feels real and wont break or wear out.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

poupou59890

Hi DD,

Just in case, do you sell the changing gear setup ? whithout the pegs and rear set. Just the mecanism.

Thanks for your reply.

Awesome job :)

doubledragoncc

I am just designing a better one that would fit other pegs. The one for now only fits GSXR1000 rearsets from kenimoto

Working on it today and woll post when done but yes will sell the shift unit without rearsets in the end

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Just got the spring I designed made by Ashfield springs to test my new prototype gearshift unit.

Full sit on system will have my own backplate too

DD