• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:58 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

The end of UK Amateur Club racing?

Started by Myst1cPrun3, April 29, 2019, 09:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

That's sad news I had no idea! Raced here a couple of times. Track is mega fast but bumpy as hell. Especially heading onto the back straight, it's a flat out through the gears right hander onto a km long straight lol. The bumps come from repaired patches in the tarmac. Was a lot worse on my old bike with shit suspension though lol. I crashed big time and destroyed the bike lol I must have bounced and rolled for 200metres across the grass lol. Hurt like hell but no major injuries.

I hope it doesn't start something because I can think of worse places and tracks to crash at/on.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 01, 2019, 10:04:10 PMI hope it doesn't start something because I can think of worse places and tracks to crash at/on.
Precisely my worry. I don't see him getting anything though as he signed the waver                                                                                                                                               

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 01, 2019, 10:04:10 PMI crashed big time and destroyed the bike lol I must have bounced and rolled for 200metres across the grass lol. Hurt like hell but no major injuries.

Glad to hear there's no major injuries, but I should imagine it still ached the next morning. Just out of curiosity, was that the one you posted in the 'Trackday Photos' thread?                                                             

BOBR6 84

Lol yeah that's the one! The run off onto the grass isn't great there because it drops down lol so my front wheel dug in and spat me off. Don't remember much after that it was carnage lol. Photographer got the whole thing as me and the bike barrel rolled across the grass lol good times 😂

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 04, 2019, 06:07:20 AMLol yeah that's the one! The run off onto the grass isn't great there because it drops down lol so my front wheel dug in and spat me off. Don't remember much after that it was carnage lol. Photographer got the whole thing as me and the bike barrel rolled across the grass lol good times 😂

Being a tumble dryer isn't what I'd call a good time but glad you enjoyed it 😉😂

BOBR6 84

Lol yeah it wasn't good tbh, put me off Aintree for a while but it was my own fault for out braking myself. Went back on my newer bike and really enjoyed it. No good results but managed to get a load of clean laps in and bring my laptimes down. Felt so much better with the suspension right. Great track I hope it sticks.

Myst1cPrun3

Even as a spectator I could see who had a decent setup vs who didn't.

It was insanely obvious how bumpy it was even watching.

The ACU has said a resurface is necessary, (kind of agree with it) and if I'm not mistaken is currently being priced up.

They have a bunch of aintree MCRC merch on ebay, to raise funds, like hats and shirts

BOBR6 84

Resurface would be very nice. As long as they keep the camber on turn 2! It's a suprisingly technical track for how simple the layout is lol the last corner after the straight is like an egg shape and that tricks people with the best line through it lol. Got some good history too! I think they used it for F1 back in the day or something like that.

Would make a good track for GPBIKES too! 😉

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 04, 2019, 04:51:20 PMGot some good history too! I think they used it for F1 back in the day or something like that.

To this day it remains to be Britain's first, and only purpose built formula one track. Silverstone, brands, Donnington etc were all airfields.

I have tried to get it into GPB, but my nodding skills are nowhere near able to get anything done aside from paints

matty0l215

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 04, 2019, 08:11:16 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 04, 2019, 04:51:20 PMGot some good history too! I think they used it for F1 back in the day or something like that.

To this day it remains to be Britain's first, and only purpose built formula one track. Silverstone, brands, Donnington etc were all airfields.

I have tried to get it into GPB, but my nodding skills are nowhere near able to get anything done aside from paints

Have you got a copy of the track from another game??  If so, send me over any files you've got and I will see what I can do.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

Did have a version on Assetto Corsa, and Rf2, will have a look when I get in from work see if I can send the files.

Hawk

Well this is what happens when you let the bigots and do-gooders rule the roost....

People should be able to sign a waiver against any compensation claims and then just go out and enjoy themselves and entertain others in the process......

Bloody bigoted do-gooder nanny state.... Let's be rid of em! >:(

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on July 05, 2019, 10:51:34 AMPeople should be able to sign a waiver against any compensation claims and then just go out and enjoy themselves and entertain others in the process......

He did sign the waiver thats the point. He signed all the legal documentation, and accepted full responsibility for everything in said waiver.

However the lawyers are saying the waiver is 'irrelevant' supposedly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: matty0l215 on July 04, 2019, 08:53:06 PMHave you got a copy of the track from another game??  If so, send me over any files you've got and I will see what I can do.

@matty0l215

Here is the Aintree file, used in RF2. The 'Club' circuit, is the one used for bike racing, although the original f1 circuit could be fun for using the old Nortons on as well.

It is based off the 1960s version, so while the track layout is the same, the external objs aren't currently accurate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccoc7p3jse86b09/Aintree_v0-9.rfcmp

Hawk

Probably yet another unwanted interference from the so called EU Court of Justice that overrides our sovereign UK laws.... Damn.... The sooner we leave that wretched organisation the better! ;D  ;)