• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New official track

Started by PiBoSo, December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which official track would you prefer ( you can choose two! )?

Donington Park
Laguna Seca
Jerez
Mugello
Assen ( pre-2006 )
Spa
Other ( please write which one )

doubledragoncc

Thanks Hawky...........might be an old schmuck but at least I show respect young pipsqueak........just bustin balls lol

The more original content Piboso can offer with a license is seen as a plus for new customers as well as being able to have mods. Its about making a larger community too as more buy a license.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 05, 2019, 10:09:22 AMI hope you keep Phillips Island once Assen is released, more original content looks beeter on steam

DD

Of course.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Takuan_Soho on June 05, 2019, 10:28:50 AMSo, just to confirm part of your clients is made of old schmucks with a bit of motorcycle culture, I'd like old Suzuka and its variants as well as Charade.

I agree the old circuits are better, and the majority are older than me.
Does that make me an old Schmuck or a wannabe schmuck?

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Guigafumi

Great to see that Assen was chosen. I was just there last weekend too. I see Spa got many votes but glad it wasn't selected as a back-up to Mugello. It's too long of a track that also has not been in the calendar. Donington Park is a far better fit plus shorter without many intricacies to be modeled.

There was a version of Laguna Seca built from scratch which was abandoned for Assetto Corsa, using data. I wouldn't doubt the author would accept parting ways with his circuit if it could come to life at some point in GP Bikes's (and WRS) life.

doubledragoncc

Actually Assen was not chosen Mugello was if you look at the figures Assen was lower than most and the Mug got nearly 3 times the votes.

Guess our word aint so important

DD

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 12, 2019, 05:59:17 AMActually Assen was not chosen Mugello was if you look at the figures Assen was lower than most and the Mug got nearly 3 times the votes.

Guess our word aint so important

DD

When the vote timing ended, Assen was in the lead, and thus has been picked.

Since then people have voted for Mugello, and pib has already said he wouldn't do that due to the fact there are already good versions of Mugello out there.

doubledragoncc

AH ok thanks MPR my bad lol

poumpouny

@Myst1cPrun : Wrong ! Mugello was all the time the lead, but Piboso decide despite the vote to make Assen. If you read earlier page I asked Piboso what is the point of the poll if in the end he ignore it ........

matty0l215

Because as he stated we already have a very good modded version of Mugello

However we do not have a good version of Assen current or part layouts.

It was an opinion poll not a vote on which track "would be" made
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

poumpouny

Matty : I just wanted to point out some misunderstanding. What you says was already debated enough in this thread and we all know Piboso do whatever he want despite of what and how pertinent argument we will say !

Myst1cPrun3

July 16, 2019, 06:00:49 AM #176 Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:06:15 AM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: poumpouny on July 15, 2019, 01:51:55 PM@Myst1cPrun : Wrong ! Mugello was all the time the lead, but Piboso decide despite the vote to make Assen. If you read earlier page I asked Piboso what is the point of the poll if in the end he ignore it ........

Nope, when the votes were counted, Assen was ahead (Although not by much).

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 11, 2019, 04:45:03 PMThank you to everyone who voted and commented.

In the end, it was decided to create the old Assen and then to try to bring back the old US track.

There already are good Mugello and Jerez version that it would be difficult to improve upon. Also it would probably be disrespectful to ignore what the community already did.

As for why Mugello was not created, that would suffice.

Quote from: poumpouny on July 16, 2019, 05:43:25 AMMatty : I just wanted to point out some misunderstanding. What you says was already debated enough in this thread and we all know Piboso do whatever he want despite of what and how pertinent argument we will say !

This was an OPINION poll, not a development poll... This means it will INFLUENCE the next development based off the result, not DETERMINE it, and at the end of the day, its Pibosos product and he can do whatever the f**k he likes with it. He could turn the lights into chickens and we couldn't influence a single thing, as its his product and he makes the final decisions on what goes into it. GET OVER IT.

And even if Mugello did win, Pibosos comments about the modded versions of the track being very good make it redundant, and kind of obvious that he'll pick the most voted track that hasn't been modded well before. Hence Assen.
Incidentally I actually despise Mugello LOL. Its just such a dull track, as wide as a bloody boat, and very little in the way of defining features except for the huge front straight.

Old Assen, now that's a good track, although I prefer the new version, again oddly. Although that's in the database and is a very good version.

Thinking about it I'd have liked to have seen somewhere like the Sachsenring, but the time has passed.

poumpouny

Why the hell would Piboso need to give an explanation to why he will not make Mugello if Assen win the poll  ;D .
And as i remember (but as i already said i will no longer dabate on it) it wasn't intend to make a track who will please to people who already own and play GPbikes (and who know there is a ripped Assetto Corsa laserscan of Mugello, with deadly kerbs  ;D ) But to attract new customer with an "official" Moto GP Track which will come with the official installer .... and honestly and and objectively if that was the aim, i don't think Old Assen will correspond to that  :o . But at the end as you said it so good "He decide what the f**k he want with he's product but As a customer who pay 29 bucks, who didn't ask for nothing but who saw :

QuoteSoon, hopefully, work will start on a new official track.

Which one would you prefer?
Please vote ( you can choose two! ) and please write your opinion, too.

Then voted/give the opinion and at the end being ignored, i think at least I have the right to be a little pissed offf ..............

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 03, 2018, 10:14:12 PMTo be honest, I strongly dislike the post-2005 Assen.
In my opinion they destroyed what made the circuit special, to shorten and "normalize" the layout. All purely for monetary reasons  >:(

He said he hates the new assen on page one of so Id guess he would be only more than willing to use the older assen.

As for the mugello explanation, again that was before the voting finished.

Quote from: poumpouny on July 16, 2019, 07:13:02 AMThen voted/give the opinion and at the end being ignored, i think at least I have the right to be a little pissed offf ..............

He hasn't really ignored anything, as he's answered most if not all issues as to why he made that decision. As for being pissed off, there are now 2 high quality versions of mugello, why would you want a third? What's to be gained from that aside from dividing the community more, over which version should be run or is better?

poumpouny

QuoteHe hasn't really ignored anything, as he's answered most if not all issues as to why he made that decision. As for being pissed off, there are now 2 high quality versions of mugello, why would you want a third? What's to be gained from that aside from dividing the community more, over which version should be run or is better?

Because i voted Mugello not for me, but for the future of GP Bikes.

If i remember well (i might be wrong) Old Assen was added to the poll choice, way later after the poll start. And Mugello was there since the start  :o .

This thread remind me my wife when she ask my opinion about something but since the start she already know what she will do  ;D