• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:21 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DidietXFuera

GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

Krush

An new day, a new track (:

Myst1cPrun3

Description:

Following the recent release from of Spa from Javi, I decided to take the NSR500 for a bash, seeing as Spa hosts classic bike races, and that it used to host GP's.

Overall, the laps were decent, and I did manage a 2:30:6 which was my best time on the soft tyres, but a default setup after that.

Eau Rouge was hilarious fun in VR, as you really get a sense of Scale, and its like riding into a wall.

As for my camera, due to the fact I was running the 'classic' Riding Style, I had to set my base  VR centre higher than usual. This resulted in me having to pretty much lie down in my chair to tuck in, and results in a nice view of the top yoke down the straights. Corner views are alright, and possibly a little better however.

The reason I'm recording the top yoke (or triple clamp) is because as I've said I'm tucked low in my chair, but I'm also moving my eyes up the track, rather than my entire head, as one of the unique things about VR is the fact moving your eyes affects what you see as well as moving your entire head.

There is a limit, and a little bit of screen door effect, as if you move your eyes too far you see the sides of the headset, but in a racing sim that's not too much of an issue as it sort of simulates a helmet.

Overall the 500 is a hilarious hoot in VR, especially with L/R rider tracking, really have to work myself in my chair, which is a new sensation coming from the flat-screen MotoGP games.

I am currently looking into why my paint scheme doesn't show up in VR, on the tank and fairing, yet it does on the seat unit and in the replays.

I recommend a 500 2 stroke and spa for anyone with a VR headset and GB bikes license, as its awesome fun, and I wish someone would put a race championship up with these bikes, as that would be pure awesome-sauce.

-aGy-

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 28, 2019, 10:23:18 PMDescription:

Following the recent release from of Spa from Javi, I decided to take the NSR500 for a bash, seeing as Spa hosts classic bike races, and that it used to host GP's.

Overall, the laps were decent, and I did manage a 2:30:6 which was my best time on the soft tyres, but a default setup after that.

Eau Rouge was hilarious fun in VR, as you really get a sense of Scale, and its like riding into a wall.

As for my camera, due to the fact I was running the 'classic' Riding Style, I had to set my base  VR centre higher than usual. This resulted in me having to pretty much lie down in my chair to tuck in, and results in a nice view of the top yoke down the straights. Corner views are alright, and possibly a little better however.

The reason I'm recording the top yoke (or triple clamp) is because as I've said I'm tucked low in my chair, but I'm also moving my eyes up the track, rather than my entire head, as one of the unique things about VR is the fact moving your eyes affects what you see as well as moving your entire head.

There is a limit, and a little bit of screen door effect, as if you move your eyes too far you see the sides of the headset, but in a racing sim that's not too much of an issue as it sort of simulates a helmet.

Overall the 500 is a hilarious hoot in VR, especially with L/R rider tracking, really have to work myself in my chair, which is a new sensation coming from the flat-screen MotoGP games.

I am currently looking into why my paint scheme doesn't show up in VR, on the tank and fairing, yet it does on the seat unit and in the replays.

I recommend a 500 2 stroke and spa for anyone with a VR headset and GB bikes license, as its awesome fun, and I wish someone would put a race championship up with these bikes, as that would be pure awesome-sauce.

bike looks very ugly. like microprose gp500. i mean wow how ugly bike graphics is that

Myst1cPrun3

May 29, 2019, 11:20:28 AM #1654 Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 11:22:11 AM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: -aGy- on May 29, 2019, 10:29:04 AMbike looks very ugly. like microprose gp500. i mean wow how ugly bike graphics is that

It doesn't look too bad when in game, although my paint scheme probably isn't too flattering.
And if it rides good then I can't say I'm too fussed about how it looks, especially seeing as I don't have to look at it in vr 😉

An update wouldn't hurt however as it is a little dated now, and I can't say for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the base models did come from GP500 or somewhere like that

Hawk

@Myst1cPrun3: Great to see the 2 strokes being used mate, and fantastic to hear someone using the throttle blip as it should be used. ;)

Great video, enjoyed watching it. Thank you!  ;D  8)

PS: Is it my monitor settings or do some of the track textures look a bit weird and overpowering?

Myst1cPrun3

May 30, 2019, 12:55:07 PM #1656 Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 12:59:33 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: Hawk on May 30, 2019, 10:33:01 AM@Myst1cPrun3: Great to see the 2 strokes being used mate, and fantastic to hear someone using the throttle blip as it should be used. ;)

Great video, enjoyed watching it. Thank you!  ;D  8)

PS: Is it my monitor settings or do some of the track textures look a bit weird and overpowering?

Cheers for the kind words, I use the throttle blip as I elected to not change the DMT value, meaning the gears won't go in unless I lift off for upshifts, (they do go in  eventually but I end up wheeling as you see out of chicane), and need to blip down to get them in. Little more realistic as they didn't start using quickshifters until about '95 and this is ' 92.  (interesting fact the early quickshifters were just sidestand ignition switches wired to the gear pegs)

As for your monitor settings, I didn't notice any issues, except for the VR glitching that's started after the new oculus update. (at the no name corner)

Myst1cPrun3

Watching the Video back the green paint is perhaps a little 'garish'
But if you watch real videos of modern spa it's quite, bright

DidietXFuera

GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

Myst1cPrun3

VR ZX6 At the Nurburgring:

Description:

"Just a quick blast at the Nurburgring, in VR.

GPB isn't very well optimised for larger tracks in VR, and I had to have pretty much all the graphics on medium, despite a 2080 ti, an I9 and 32GB of ram.

Either way this was a good bit of fun, and the track is of a very high quality.

VR footage starts at 9 mins in."

Tom HWK

Myst1cPrun3

Testing the new GP3 250cc single at CAWS' Donnington.

This seems to be the only version of Donnington that works on my vr system, (idk why), which is a shame considering everyone seems to use the other (javiliyors) version, although I do prefer this version

Myst1cPrun3

An M2 lap of CAWS Donnington.

doubledragoncc

Its one of my favorite tracks in VR was also the first I tried

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.