• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:53:38 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBikes custom controller on TS500RS base?

Started by MultiCOOLFRESH, May 02, 2019, 11:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 10, 2019, 07:49:42 AMI use 1600psi transducers direct to BU0836A from bodnar yes.

If the voltage doesn't vary a whole lot (which I don't see why it should), a small coil in series and a cap on the input would probably filter out the "low pressure sway". It should also make the signal smoother. So it's never a bad idea with a little filtering. :)

I think maybe I should stop soiling MCF's thread with this though. Please, pm if you want to discuss it, I love these kind of "problems"!
I had to try..

poupou59890

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on May 10, 2019, 06:51:38 AM
Quote from: poupou59890 on May 09, 2019, 06:37:31 AMand if the rig can lean as real will be awesome (but this will be for another time)
This has been discussed a whole lot, and leaning a motorcycle sim would probably not contribute to a realistic feeling. The force vector is always parallel with the bikes "y-axis" (the one going straight up through the bike) no matter how much the bike is leaning (a very small difference depending on the tire width). Tilting a sim just makes you feel like you're falling off I guess.
I would put my money on acceleration and braking(raising and lowering the front) and yaw (making the rear go from side to side). That would make a cool experience I think.

Quote from: poupou59890 on May 09, 2019, 06:37:31 AMI filled the brake fluid yesterday, and the feeling is good with the breka lever but I found that the range it is not as expected, not very linear...but I will try to adpat that later when the full rig will be built.

Can't wait to see it running on VR :)

Since there are no calipers, there is no motion for you to feel in the brake handle.. To replicate motion I would try leaving a few bubbles of air in the system while bleeding. That would give you a small "sponge" perhaps?
Edit: then the pressure sensor can't be the lowest point. The bubble would find its way out..

Thanks for your reply aand your help.

Yes I will start with a fix rig for now, in VR trying to see if there a real effect to have real lean. but Yes I think maybe the main point is to have pitch...

For the lever Yes I need to optimise the feeling and especially the range, If I don't have same feeling than reality it is not a probleme, just to do not have full braking just when I press lever. So if i tweak it with %pressure etc I think I can have something good...at least for me. same for the rear.

For now I press a real hard the lever in calibration in order to never have full braking except under some circumstances. so I just need to adapt myself at this braking :)

doubledragoncc

Im just trying to help by telling you the facts of hydraulic brakes chris. You HAVE to bleed ALL air out of the system for it to work properly what part of that dont you get???

Poupou, if you just use less pressure when you first calibrate it in windows the brake will be easier to use and not need so much pressure to get to full braking. You can do the same in GPB calibration by how much you pull or press the lever, you dont have to push it to the stop to calibrate it just play with different pressure in calibration until you get it how you like it.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 10, 2019, 09:38:16 PMIm just trying to help by telling you the facts of hydraulic brakes chris. You HAVE to bleed ALL air out of the system for it to work properly what part of that dont you get???

There is absolutely no need to be rude DD.
I know how hydraulics work. I know how air affects a hydraulic system (that's why I presented it as a possible solution).
I also know that if you have a sensor of any kind that behaves the way you describe, you have a problem with your circuit design.

This is becoming less and less about MultiCOOLFRESH's initial question, so if you want to keep discussing this I suggest we do it in pm. :)
I had to try..

poupou59890

Hi everyone, sorry for not being here since few weeks....I had a lot things to do and not the mind to GPBikes... Now I receive today my tubes to build a fix rig, I have succeed to remove my bug with steamVR and gpbikes, so now everythign works (t300RS for lean anf FFB & leobodnard for eveyhting else) Now I need to build the rig during lunch time at work. I design something very simple due to VR I d not need to have a real bike, just the right commands at the right place. Then I will add a poly for the tank and the rear seat. I use 40x40 steel tube in order to have something solid and foldable leg, in order to have a big area when I use it , and fold it when it is not use.

I will try to give pictures As soon as the rig is build.

poupou59890

Hi Evryone,

I started to weld my chassis, I am waiting for tank and rear seat poly in order to put on the right place full commands.

need to finish my gear selector setup, but project is on the way :)

I will keep you updated.

ANd when is done, I will make a full post with pictures.

Hope DSA will be ridable with that :)

Chris_Beeves

Excited to see the finished product and how it plays!

I had to try..

poupou59890

Not as excited as me :)

I hope that I will receives polys today...but I think that newt week, it hsould be done entirely.

Fingers crossed.

poupou59890

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know, I install everything on my chassis,  put the t300rs, polys, and foot lever at the right place, everything is fine, the only issue I have is that the plastic part I use to connect t300rs and my handlebar is not strong enough, when i am on the bike and try to lean the plastic part start to crack... so I found the solution I will use a steel pivot and then I will connect it to the t300rs so the wheelbase never see any weight or strengh. I will do that this week I hope, then I need to finally finish my gear change lever and everything will be set up for the first start.

It looks quite good for now :) I will make a full post about my project when it will be done, so you will have all info or feedback I had..

Just need to weld everything correctly now that everything is in place.

I will keep you updated :)

Have a nice day everyone.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: poupou59890 on July 10, 2019, 06:11:53 AMHi Folks,

Just to let you know, I install everything on my chassis,  put the t300rs, polys, and foot lever at the right place, everything is fine, the only issue I have is that the plastic part I use to connect t300rs and my handlebar is not strong enough, when i am on the bike and try to lean the plastic part start to crack... so I found the solution I will use a steel pivot and then I will connect it to the t300rs so the wheelbase never see any weight or strengh. I will do that this week I hope, then I need to finally finish my gear change lever and everything will be set up for the first start.

It looks quite good for now :) I will make a full post about my project when it will be done, so you will have all info or feedback I had..

Just need to weld everything correctly now that everything is in place.

Have a nice day everyone.

Sounds very nice :)

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Chris_Beeves

I had to try..

poupou59890

HI guys,

Sorry i did not have time this week, hopefully next week I will have time to mount gear lever and finally strentghten the handlebar....I have 3 weeks to finish this rig...

for the pictures I will try to send it next week

Chris_Beeves

Quote from: poupou59890 on July 21, 2019, 08:07:03 PMHI guys,

Sorry i did not have time this week, hopefully next week I will have time to mount gear lever and finally strentghten the handlebar....I have 3 weeks to finish this rig...

for the pictures I will try to send it next week

Sooo.. How's it going? :D

My build is at a standstill, so it would be nice to see progress elsewhere! :)
I had to try..

poupou59890

Hi guys, sorry for the delay, I did not have time past weeks to work on it, I moved from south to north of France for personnal reasons so I did not have time to finish it.... I will keep back my rig on september (still in the south) so when I will have it again I will have time to finish it (I Hope..) I will keep you updated. I have somes pics, I will try to put it today.
thanks

poupou59890

HI,

please find below some pics of my actual rig, to finishi it I need to put gear change switch, need to make the pivot stronger (attach of the wheel) and try to find a solution to have braking more linear with the hydraulic system (or change it for potentiometer with the right spring)