• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:17 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Milestone acquired by THQ Nordic

Started by poumpouny, August 16, 2019, 11:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

Good or bad ? anyway doing worst than milestone is already very difficult   ;D

matty0l215

Possibly

Nordic doesn't exactly have a vast history of Amazing games but the possibility of a larger budget for Milestone cant be a bad thing. It's just a money thing at the end of the day for a company like this. Neither studio are exactly groundbreaking with what they bring to the industry so does it really matter

Or THQ are planning something we don't know about which also isn't a bad thing :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

They've been partnered before.

If I'm not mistaken they were together way back at the turn of the millennium, and were responsible for MotoGP games before even Namco came along. (MotoGP 2 was a good un from them)

Their previous milestone partnership was with motogp '06, motogp '07, the latter I loved on ps2, although playing it now its actual crap 😂
Not sure how much was milestone or what was thq' s role, but they've done things together before

Myst1cPrun3

August 16, 2019, 04:59:46 PM #3 Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:02:21 PM by Myst1cPrun3
They also got the company that makes darksiders, and thq nordic are currently deep in development of dead island 2, and a new saints row.

All of which are 'cult classics' and highly popular franchises.

Perhaps of a more relavent note to the motogp games, is the fact thq nordic are responsible for 'wreckfest'
Which is a demolition Derby game with accurate damage physics.. Thinks of smashing a GP bike up in motogp 20/21...
And they also do mx vs atv from what I can find, as well as successful and quite smooth vr games....

They have a lot of capabilities to give milestone more tools to make the motogp games the best racing title on whichever market their aiming at, be simulation, sim-cade or arcade.

I'm quietly optimistic about it

matty0l215

Nordic was only the publishers for Wreckfest. Bugbear were the devs

Nordic have since purchased Bugbear...

Bring on the Destruction!
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Hawk

Personally, I can't imagine this generation of Milestone MotoGP players/fans wanting bike damage? They'd complain like crazy that they can't just reset back onto track after a crash without any possibility to win the race.... Many would just quit races once their bike was damaged. Lol!

That's unless your all talking about superficial damage that doesn't affect the bikes performance, in which case what's the point of including damage simulation?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on August 17, 2019, 12:37:01 PMPersonally, I can't imagine this generation of Milestone MotoGP players/fans wanting bike damage? They'd complain like crazy that they can't just reset back onto track after a crash without any possibility to win the race.... Many would just quit races once their bike was damaged. Lol!

That's unless your all talking about superficial damage that doesn't affect the bikes performance, in which case what's the point of including damage simulation?

That's what the point of having different options is. Forza used to have awesome options and damage model, back in forza 4 era, with;

'off' being no damage, even visual
'visual' only visual damage, and not affecting performance (Granted it may not have been 100% or even 50% realistic but it was cool af and added another layer)
'simulation' which was the same as visual, but had huge performance impacts.

Milestone doing quite simply 3 options, which I think there are already, (Although they are s**t) would be killer, and cater to anyone.

I still remember back in SBK X when you could quite literally injure your dude as well as badly damage your bike, and if I remember right it could force you to miss a race. The leathers and fairings used to get permanently scuffed up as well, (at least until a new session and suit change) which was cool.

Point being, Milestone have had all these cool Ideas, but seemed to lack the budget/time to implement them right, and as a result they were buggy and not well done, everyone complained and they got dropped. Now however, I've seen a tonne of comments regarding the realism of the machines, on FB + YT, and Milestone seem to want to make it more realistic, and the takeover should hopefully mean they have that ability.

The only Racing title that I can think of that doesn't have any options at all for damage is iRacing. Even 'hardcore' sims like rFactor 2, and Assetto Corsa have options for damage being off, and arcade titles like Grid, Gran Turismo, and Forza have options for having it on.
(I think somewhere there is even a damage option for GPB, not 100% sure though, however its still in beta so we'll let it off if it doesn't)