• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:57 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Ping issues

Started by Ian, April 24, 2014, 06:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Don't think I am playing tonight  ;D

Hawk

JESUS!!! Were do you live, Australia!!?? LOL

Ian

Almost I live in Cornwall

Alone

OMG O.o

Now I´m furious!! I WAS the champ in this point!!! Congrats Ian :D:D

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on April 24, 2014, 07:05:42 PM
Almost I live in Cornwall

Haha! The surf is quite good down there I hear.  ;D 8)

Ian

You can have your crown back Alone I connected later with 190 ping which was high for me, normally I can,t connect above 100  ;D

Alone

Ian

Worked out what's making my ping so hi
My daughter was watching a Stampy Cat video on the iPad when I tried to connect  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on April 25, 2014, 11:11:46 PM
Worked out what's making my ping so hi
My daughter was watching a Stampy Cat video on the iPad when I tried to connect  ;D

Haha.... Might be a good idea to turn off the wireless capability on your router when connected. Hehe. ;D

What is your usual ping rate? I live in Nott's UK and my ping is usually around 45, I've never had it nearing or above 100

Ian

My ping is normally 95 and if its 105 or higher I struggle to connect even with the wireless turned off,slow connection 1.1 Mbps download >:(
So I was very surprised to connect to Mallory when my ping was 195
I will just tell the other half that you said I have to turn the wireless off and she has to stay of farcebook with the iPad  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on April 26, 2014, 09:48:52 AM
I will just tell the other half that you said I have to turn the wireless off and she has to stay of farcebook with the iPad  ;D

LOL! ;D
Tell her we'll have a quick race. Winner gets the decision. Hehe!  ;D ;D

PS: I hope she's never raced before(GULP!!) ;D ;D

Hawk

My ping is normally 95 and if its 105 or higher I struggle to connect even with the wireless turned off,slow connection 1.1 Mbps download >:(
Hmm... You must be quite far from a telephone exchange by the sound of it? Any chance of getting on fibre optic, distance doesn't degrade speed then.  ;)

So I was very surprised to connect to Mallory when my ping was 195
Makes me wonder if connections are better with some cleaning up of the terrain mesh I did? Who knows.  :)

Ian

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 26, 2014, 10:12:05 AM
Hmm... You must be quite far from a telephone exchange by the sound of it? Any chance of getting on fibre optic, distance doesn't degrade speed then.  ;)

Yes I am at the end of the line, fibre optic has been installed outside my house but I have financial cramp and need to replace the cooker before I treat myself to fast broadband  :-[

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 26, 2014, 10:12:05 AM
Makes me wonder if connections are better with some cleaning up of the terrain mesh I did? Who knows.  :)

I had drawn that conclusion as well, it may help the track load faster!