• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 14, 2021, 09:11:03 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta19b available! :)

GP Bikes beta20 WIP

Started by PiBoSo, April 06, 2021, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

I'm talking about AC the first one, yes AC is more popular than ACC, and ACC is barely modable, i meant in the paper it is modable but it need high comp├ętence to make mod for it, so yes ACC could be your exemple but as far as i know (except some camera control mod for broadcast) nobody mod nothing for ACC !

Hawk

Quote from: poumpouny on May 28, 2021, 06:55:51 AMI'm talking about AC the first one, yes AC is more popular than ACC, and ACC is barely modable, i meant in the paper it is modable but it need high comp├ętence to make mod for it, so yes ACC could be your exemple but as far as i know (except some camera control mod for broadcast) nobody mod nothing for ACC !

Yes, seems Kunos saw the light when they developed ACC, and realised that they needed to take back control of the add-ons and benefit from them rather than allow just anyone to create for ACC.

ACC is definitely the better app than AC, it's physics are much more realistic than the physics of AC, I think everyone realises that....... And AC may appear to be more popular as in the number of people who still use it but I think that is only cause so many people were using AC before ACC was released and just haven't bothered to buy the newer ACC version? Is that simply down to Kunos taking control of the Add-ons for ACC and it being geared towards GT racing alone?

Myst1cPrun3

I don't see the big deal with running steam workshop...

The Dev can remove any mods off there that are causing issues.

It's as simple as subscribing to a mod you want to use, and then any updates are automatically downloaded.

You don't have to subscribe to every mod ever released.

And to top it off, the old way of downloading mods from sites and pasting the files over would still work...

Like there is legit 0 downside to having steam workshop as an option for me. As that's what it is. An option. Even if the game is supporting it, it doesn't have to be used..

Davide74

What is the release date?

Alby46

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on May 31, 2021, 05:56:58 PMI don't see the big deal with running steam workshop...

The Dev can remove any mods off there that are causing issues.

It's as simple as subscribing to a mod you want to use, and then any updates are automatically downloaded.

You don't have to subscribe to every mod ever released.

And to top it off, the old way of downloading mods from sites and pasting the files over would still work...

Like there is legit 0 downside to having steam workshop as an option for me. As that's what it is. An option. Even if the game is supporting it, it doesn't have to be used..
absolutely agree. I'd love to just press a button and find the mods I like already installed at the startup
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Ferachara

well, lets see..
maybe 2 years ago i asked about steam release, answer was, "soon"
now its on steam "coming soon" lets see how many months or years it will take to be buyable there.
since 5 years maybe im looking at this game, but never had a chance to get it cause no paypal and no way to make one "banned" but now theres a end at the tunnel xD
i saw every video on youtube about this game, and i really love it. its the only realistic one.
think my bed will never see me again when its out on steam :P

PiBoSo

Quote from: Davide74 on June 03, 2021, 10:56:53 AMWhat is the release date?

At the moment a release date hasn't been decided yet.
Unfortunately there still are a lot of tasks to complete, some of which are very time-consuming.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Vini

Maybe postpone the Steam version for beta21 if the UI stuff is so time consuming?
The other improvements you were talking about already sound fantastic and also the OpenTrack hotfix would be really nice.

PiBoSo

June 08, 2021, 09:27:34 PM #53 Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 09:29:14 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Vini on June 07, 2021, 11:36:37 PMMaybe postpone the Steam version for beta21 if the UI stuff is so time consuming?
The other improvements you were talking about already sound fantastic and also the OpenTrack hotfix would be really nice.

By far the most time-consuming task is actually the integration of the new bike.
The new UI could be ready in a few days.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 08, 2021, 09:27:34 PMBy far the most time-consuming task is actually the integration of the new bike.

So you're hoping to have a new bike out for the steam release, which I assume is b20?

I've read messages about what the bike is etc but can't remember anything concrete, has the new bike been officially revealed yet? Do we know what it is?  ;D

PiBoSo

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 09, 2021, 09:03:11 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on June 08, 2021, 09:27:34 PMBy far the most time-consuming task is actually the integration of the new bike.

So you're hoping to have a new bike out for the steam release, which I assume is b20?

I've read messages about what the bike is etc but can't remember anything concrete, has the new bike been officially revealed yet? Do we know what it is?  ;D

Don't remember an announcement.
Would it be very bad to release the Steam version without the new bike?

Vini

I don't see a problem with that but then change the "damper" value of the M2 from 7 to 9, so that newbies won't be crashing all the time.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 09, 2021, 09:20:17 PM

Don't mind personally. Just assumed they'd go together.

In old posts there was some desire to get the old 500 back to something?

VSMaster

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 09, 2021, 09:20:17 PM

Maybe, but I would get completely fixed the M2 for the steam release
Always on the edge

matty0l215

A steam release with only one bike would go down very poorly

At a minimum, the 500 needs to come back. Ideally the 500 and whatever the new Bike is
Hitting the apex is just a figure of speech, Don't literally hit it...