• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:10:50 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Slipper Clutch Settings - More slip

Started by Myst1cPrun3, April 07, 2021, 06:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

I have been setting up a slipper clutch In the cfg, however I am a little unsure as to how to set it up.

I would like the bike to lock the rear tyre less.
Which way do I adjust the slipper clutch (pressure plate and ramps angle) to achieve this?

h106frp

As I understand it, a shallower ramp slips easier at a lower torque and increasing the gap increases the ammount of lift (height up the ramp) required before it actuates the bikes clutch mechanism.

So the ramps are usually difficult to change in real life (clutch mechanism out of the bike) so the clutch stack height is used as fine adjustment in the pits by just changing friction plates to alter the gap.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: h106frp on April 07, 2021, 02:27:26 PMAs I understand it, a shallower ramp slips easier at a lower torque and increasing the gap increases the ammount of lift (height up the ramp) required before it actuates the bikes clutch mechanism.

So the ramps are usually difficult to change in real life (clutch mechanism out of the bike) so the clutch stack height is used as fine adjustment in the pits by just changing friction plates to alter the gap.

So a shallower ramp angle will reduce the amount of locking at lower RPM?

And then the friction plates are the fine adjustment to optimise this behaviour?

h106frp

Thats it, IRL ramp angles below 30 degrees mean the bike needs to be started at the crank with an electric starter (like F1 cars) as you cannot use a roller or bump start.

The ramp is acting like the clutch lever to push on the clutch inner basket so the gap acts as a bit of free travel so that its not constantly 'riding the clutch' and adjust how much back torque is required before the plates finally contact.