• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Wet Track Reflections - support for KERB object - RESOLVED (partly)

Started by h106frp, April 09, 2021, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Could mapping of puddles be extended to include KERB objects? They often look odd being totally wet when the water would nomally pool at the kerb/track interface or in any recesses.

So I have found that this is possible and visually improves the appearance in game. However I have not found a way to mask areas of the kerb texture that need to look the same as the surrounding grass wet effect. Could a mask be added to the spare reflection channel texture

javiliyors

If you look for example at my latest tracks, I have added shaders to, trkconc, trkasph and trkkerb and they also have rain puddles on all those objects, if you add just the rain puddle without a shader, the object still reflects pretty bad, but if you add a shader it looks perfect.
What I do is with an object selector plugin by material I add the rain puddle texture in the glossiness section with a different Map channel in 3dsmax to each material to not go object by object and then all the objects to which I have added this texture I do a UVW Unwrap Planar of everything and I resize it until I have the perfect size.

If you need help with the shader or how to do it, talk to me in discord and I'll explain it to you

h106frp

Thanks for the tip - I think it was confusing me because you need quite a strong effect(gradient) in the texture for it too make much difference in-game.

Do you use a shader for the puddle texture?

javiliyors

I use a shader for the diffuse texture, with its normal map with its alpha, but not for the rain puddle.

javiliyors

bump
{
    map = tarmac_n.tga
}

specular
{
    shininess = 5
}