• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Help Please: How to get a Helmet Model into GP Bikes????

Started by Hawk, November 02, 2014, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hi guys.

I've just modelled a helmet model in Maya and exported it with the EDF exporter from 3ds Max.

I used the current beta 6c default rider helmet files as a base file and folder to work from.

I exported my helmet mesh to replace the "helmet.edf" file.

I changed the "default.CFG" filename to the name of my helmet, and the name in the CFG file to show the name of my helmet in the GPBike Helmet Menu(Which it does).

I changed the GFX file data: Model = "helmet.edf" instead of: Model = "helmet.hrc".

Now when I run GPbikes and test it out on the rider model, I cannot see any helmet on the rider, it just shows the rider face....

I have a feeling that the helmet model is showing so big on screen that it can't be seen? How big in centimeters does the helmet model need scaling to?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.  ;)

Hawk.

Yohji

hi

my way helmet models to GPB

ex; helmet name [tori]

export file name helmet.edf and I exported same model as helmet_s.edf

create folder [tori] under the \GP Bikes\gpbikes\rider\helmets\ and into these files ↓

helmet.edf
helmet_s.edf

create gfx.cfg file and edit
-------------------------------

model = helmet.edf
visor = visor
shadow = helmet_s.edf
------------------------------

create helmet.hrc and edit
--------------------------------

level0
{
   scene = helmet.edf
   switch = 0
}
level1
{
   scene = helmet.edf
   name = helmetb
   switch = 20
}
level2
{
   scene = helmet.edf
   name = helmetc
   switch = 80
}
--------------------------
(same model reading any distance this case)

create tori.ini file and edit

---------------------------------

[info]
name = tori
[data]
code = 0

-------------------------

its all myway. and I dont make helmet to beta6. its way to beta5...

Hawk

Hi Yohji.

Brilliant! Thank you for the information here. This is very useful!  ;D 8)

I noticed in beta 6c that when I export the helmet at zero deg on the Z axis the helmet appears on the rider at 90 deg right angle. So to solve this I did a 90 deg  angle on the Z axis and it now appears at the right orientation on the rider.  ;D

Weird that? Would expect the zero deg and on the Z axis to give the correct orientation of the helmet on the rider model? So don't know what's gone off there during development?

Anyway. Thanks again for your knowledge on this subject.... very much appreciated mate!  ;D ;D

Hawk.