• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:49:34 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Downloads INCREDIBLY slow?

Started by TobyB, April 13, 2021, 02:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobyB

April 13, 2021, 02:25:26 PM Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:29:44 PM by TobyB
Hi. I'm new to this game.
Trying to download tracks and the like from the Mega site and struggling ... different times of day and night, nothing else going on with my PC or on my broadband.
Getting intermittent connections and 10-20 KB/S ... it took 4 hours to download Cadwell at 68Mb!
Tried direct links to a file ... no joy ...
Do I need a Mega account?
Is there an alternative site?
Cheers
Toby

Tried their download tools ... off  their website locks up ... another Megadownloader 1.8 only installs in German ...

doubledragoncc

Hi Toby I own the database and first time I have had this issue?

I had to use MY version of GPBikes to upload so many files are not compressed, sorry but I am doing my best.

If you give me the track you want I will compress it and send a direct link.

I plan to do this for all files but do not have time

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

TobyB

Thanks DD ... just wondering what it might be about? I'd looked at the forums and discords and not seen it flagged up as a problem. I've checked my end of things, running metering and pinging stuff, cleared my cookies, reset my modem ... all sorts of stuff ... but Donnington now reached all of 22% after a number of hours. Having found the game, and then the Mod pages, it's like the kid-in-the-sweet-shop ... so many possibilities!
FWIW, I tried to open an account with Mega, or download their desktop app ... but those pages are just hanging on me.
Hey ho, I'll keep trying ... maybe a change in the weather in Aukland or Bristol will help!     B)