• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:51:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Problems with direct steer

Started by dude, April 28, 2014, 04:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude

Hello,

if i check the direct steer box my bike crashes in almost every cornor.
If the cornor ends and i will degrese the steering the rider makes a little move to the oposite direction and it ends up in a crash.

Is this normal?

I have played mostly without direct steering on x360 pad but after i got my handlebar controller it feels like a ship with direct steer off.

Could someone help me?

HornetMaX

With direct steer ON you have to be very gentle, especially when picking up the bike (end of turn).

Also, if your joystick/input device is not good enough, it is almost impossible to use it: I had a different pad before and it was extremely hard to ride around. Switching to an xbox pad made a huge diference.

As far as I kn ow, the handlebar controller (if it's the one I think) is fairly low quality. You're way better off with a 360 pad or similar.

MaX.

dude

I know that i have to be gentle with ds on but in my opinion is this not the controllers fault.
I have the same problem with the x360 and ds on.

I accelerate, the bikes comes up and the frontwheel goes for a half of a second complete to the side and i fall off.  :-X

HornetMaX

If you have the same problem with the 360 pad and DS ON, then it's just a matter of practice.

Starting using DS ON when you've been playing before with DS OFF takes some time.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Hi guys, I used to have the same thing when I first got GPB and had to use a gamepad (Logitech Rumblepad) and the XBOX360 pad is far better, I use my own controller as you know Max but I still find that it can also depend on what bike you are riding. The Yamaha R6 is great and is a good bike to learn with Dude, so what bike are you riding or bikes that give you the problem? Also are you adjusting the controller in the settings for Linearity and smoothing etc? it helps big time. Also a bikes setup will cause problems.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

ChrisK

yep i dont have this problem with the stock bikes 500 and 1000, 125 and wss have the most problems.

another problem on mod bikes are the back sliding tires on entry corners and thats a physics problem with the engine brake i think

HornetMaX

Quote from: ChrisK on April 29, 2014, 04:46:40 PM
yep i dont have this problem with the stock bikes 500 and 1000, 125 and wss have the most problems.
125 do has some issues, but wss bikes do not as far as I know.

another problem on mod bikes are the back sliding tires on entry corners and thats a physics problem with the engine brake i think
As already stated plenty of times, on wss bikes the engine brake is as close as it gets to the one of the real bikes.
You can ask anybody who has been riding such bikes on a track (possibly a racing prepared bike) and he will confirm. Because we do have asked around to real riders.

It's surprising, but keep in mind these bikes do not have then engine brake electronic control the 1000 bike has. Bottom line: you almost never downshift to 1st gera and you must be carfeful when downshifting to 2nd and even to 3rd gear.

MaX.

Hawk

I'm a well known 2 stroke fan.... So forgive me for saying, but stick to the 2 strokes and you'll have no probs. ;)

Don't ya just hate those 4 strokes? Hehe ;D ;D

ChrisK

April 29, 2014, 04:56:27 PM #8 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:58:38 PM by ChrisK
in rl i only ride 2 strokes

4 strokes are just a bad engine concept :)

@max i know, i was riding a kxf 450 from a friend and i was hating the engine brake

perhabs thats my problem atm i have no buttons for manual shifting

HornetMaX

Quote from: ChrisK on April 29, 2014, 04:56:27 PM
in rl i only ride 2 strokes

4 strokes are just a bad engine concept :)

ROFL ! Bad according to what ?

MaX.

ChrisK

April 29, 2014, 05:10:44 PM #10 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:13:30 PM by ChrisK
to a 2 stroke :)

double cc for same power
sounds never good as a  2 stroke
much more mechanic technic is needed

the only good thing on a  4sroke are the better emission for our earth :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXeEIyp1fc

haha

edit: thats ot now :)

HornetMaX

A 2-stroke is a bad design from the start: it is less efficient, its in and out flows are all mixing. Bottom line: it's smoky, noisy and with a power curve totally silly.

Sound ? Sound is overrated: it's a race, not a dB competition.

2 strokes are good for lawn mowers :0 Actually, not even maybe.

MaX.

P.S.
Hawk, you're still my friend after that, right ? :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 29, 2014, 09:47:53 PM
A 2-stroke is a bad design from the start: it is less efficient, its in and out flows are all mixing. Bottom line: it's smoky, noisy and with a power curve totally silly.

Sound ? Sound is overrated: it's a race, not a dB competition.

2 strokes are good for lawn mowers :0 Actually, not even maybe.

MaX.

P.S.
Hawk, you're still my friend after that, right ? :)

Hahaha... I've had a good old belly laugh at that Max. Hehe

A 4 stroke hater and a 2 stroke hater...... That's good, "Yin and Yang" all is well mate. Hehe ;D

You still can't beat a 2 stroke for an exciting ride though.  :P ;D

HornetMaX

Yeah, let's revamp this old flame war :)

The usual one (Vale vs rest of the world) doesn't seem to attract much interest nowadays :)

MaX.

ChrisK

I have something for u hawk.

and even if max is not pleased,  I do not know.... ;D

http://youtu.be/EmnsXTMLzCE