• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:30:34 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

On screen Chat

Started by Ian, May 01, 2014, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

When you accidentally hit your on screen chat button and the text box appears near the top it stays there until someone else talks or you go to the pits.
Could it be changed so that another press of the same button would clear the box,it sit right over my Max hud  ;D
Yes I could reposition the Max hud but I like it were it is  ;)

PiBoSo

Pressing the ESC key should close it.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

I've done that many a time.....  Just press the enter key. ;)

Ian

Ah thanks for that chaps

Ian

Its not easy trying to hit ESC/Enter when your on a hot lap/Racing

Arvoss

Quote from: Ian on May 05, 2014, 10:30:45 AM
Its not easy trying to hit ESC/Enter when your on a hot lap/Racing

But how do you accidentally hit the chat key when racing? :P

Ian

Its on one of the shoulder buttons on my Xbox 360
Your going to tell me to move it somewhere else now  :P

HornetMaX

Quote from: Ian on May 05, 2014, 12:45:30 PM
Exactly: if you want to chat you have to use the keyboard anyway, so why not having it on a keyboard button ?

MaX.

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 05, 2014, 12:50:16 PM

Exactly: if you want to chat you have to use the keyboard anyway, so why not having it on a keyboard button ?

MaX.

Exactly , pure logic  :P

Hawk

MaX.

To chat yes you have to use the keyboard, but to respond kindly to someone connecting and saying, "Hi Guys", it's handy to programme a button on the controller to just say, "Hi mate". That way you can continue racing around on track with little or no distraction.  :)

HornetMaX

You'd need plenty of buttons for that (one to open chat, one to send the desired message, one to close it).

Personally, if I'm doing a good lap, I just delay my reply: the other is supposed to understand that :)

Another solution would be something that creates programmable macros on the pad (e.g. pressing "X" button = "T" + "Hello mate !" + "Enter" + ESC.
Not sure such a thing exists though.

MaX.

Arvoss

If you really want to chat with your controller or have more buttons you can always buy an external keyboard ;)

Warlock

OMG !   .....a  phonePad   ;D ;D

Ian

Quote from: Hawk_UK on May 05, 2014, 04:08:25 PM

MaX.

To chat yes you have to use the keyboard, but to respond kindly to someone connecting and saying, "Hi Guys", it's handy to programme a button on the controller to just say, "Hi mate". That way you can continue racing around on track with little or no distraction.  :)
Thats what my setup is I can be polite and keep practicing using auto chat with the minimum of button pushing ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Ian on May 05, 2014, 06:01:55 PM
Thats what my setup is I can be polite and keep practicing using auto chat with the minimum of button pushing ;D
I wouldn't consider you impolite if you didn't say me "Hello babe !" while you were on a lap :)

MaX.