• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2021, 05:29:29 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta19b available! :)

2 strokes. Are they back? Looks like it....

Started by Myst1cPrun3, June 16, 2021, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

A new 2 stroke engine has recently been certified for Euro5 use, bringing it inline with the most modern motorcycling machines in the world...

With emmisions strangling the big 4 banging screamers of i4 1000s and 600s, could this be the way for motorcycling, instead of the electric age?

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/langen-two-stroke-gains-euro-5-certification-heres-how

matty0l215

No one said they were dead

Just shit for most modern day road uses  ;D
Hitting the apex is just a figure of speech, Don't literally hit it...

Hawk

June 17, 2021, 10:04:57 AM #2 Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 10:07:55 AM by Hawk
Love it! ;D  8)

But the reality of this crazy world will mean that no combustion engine vehicle will be a practical everyday use item when the electric vehicles truly take over, which unfortunately they will.

I think the biggest barrier for any combustion engine vehicle will be the availability of petrol stations in an electrified future that will see increasingly less and less places where you can actually fill a vehicle up with fuel because they will increasing and rapidly start being replaced with electric recharge power point stations.
This electrification era will also vastly start to increase the price of liquid fuels for the old combustion era vehicles too, if it wasn't already stupidly high in price.... Driving or riding what will become the classic combustion engine era vehicles will become a realm for the rich & wealthy I'm afraid.

But yeah..... Buy one while you can cause they will be worth a fortune to the rich & wealthy playboys at some stage in the future!  :o  ;D  ;D