• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:47:47 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Technical questions Track creation.

Started by DavidM, July 03, 2021, 08:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidM

July 03, 2021, 08:40:43 PM Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 08:43:56 PM by DavidM
Hi all,
I'm currently trying to create a track for Kart Racing Pro.
I built the track and textured it but I have a lot of technical issue and I find difficult to find any technical information.
I made the track from what my basic knowledge, but I'm sure I'm missing a lot of things.
I tried to use multiple UV for the track to optimise texture resolution, is it a good way to do it ?
But now that I have my UV tiles I don't know how to include them in my map.
The picture is my current progress, it's far from being done but I'd like to test it to see if it works.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
You cannot see attachments on this board.

P.S: I tried to convert a .map to .fbx but failed. I'd love to see a good track with decals and every optimisation technique to analyse it and reproduce it.
I have the knowledge to use a 3D and texturing software but I just miss the documentation about the game engine.
Thanks

Hawk

DavidM

Thanks Hawk
I saw this guide, but I'd like to have something more detailled.
For example about the tyre mark overlay, I'd like to see how the UVs are laid out, same for the track.
I'd also like to know how many texture you can have and what resolution they should be.
How many 4k textures can you have for the track for example.

I made two UV tiles for the track but I don't know how to use them. I tried the overlay tips, but I'm not sure how to link the texture to UV in the 3D software.

If you know where I could find the source file of a good racing track with lots of details I could study it and understand better how to create mine.

Thanks

DavidM

So about the textures, how do you name them and how do you create the UVs? From some youtube video I saw you can create one UV set by texture (diffuse, spec etc).
From the documentation it is said the spec must be in the normal alpha channel.

Could you write me an example of an asset with its textures and everything I need to create an object ?

What is the naming convention ?

Just a simple object would help a lot.

Thanks