• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:59:24 PM

:(

Started by Vini, May 16, 2014, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

iVolution

yeah had those happen to me before, sometime got lucky and it recovered but seems like luck was not on your side  :-\

soc_monki

that darn Ducati... ;)

janaucarre

Hello, that is the last physics problem of gpbikes to be solved to have the perfection.

HornetMaX

I'm not sure there's a problem here: when you lost the front you were opening the throttle at decent angle, it may not be so unthinkable to lose it.

The only things that are a bit annoying are:

• It's sometimes hard to feel the limit in these situations (but hey, that may just be the case in reality)
  • Once the front starts sliding, the virtual rider makes an attempt to rescue the situation (turning the handlebar to thew right in your case, to pick up the bike). Obviously this is not a good attempt, and quickly twisting the bars will likely make the situation worse (front sliding more, sideslip angle increasing) and probably produces the surprising behavior at the end, when for a few instants the front is sliding like hell but the bike is still going on some sort of equilibrium (which is highly unlikely, not for that much time).

As always, just my e cents (e being 2.71828, roughly).

MaX.

Hawk

To me that looks like a combination of an ongoing physics problem that we know about regarding a track surface that is descending away from you, and also probably a track surface model problem creating a collision detection problem? Just a thought from my tests and experience.  :)

I notice you are applying throttle on that exit while still banked over.... Try feathering the throttle in those circumstances to avoid the front end breaking away, at least until this problem has been sorted out. Again, just my thoughts.

Vini

I am trying to be as smooth as possible on the throttle. If you listen carefully, you can hear that I wasn't suddenly opening the throttle mid-corner.
It would be really cool if all the inputs would be recorded together with the demo, so that we could have a HUD similar to that in MotoGP.