• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:33:05 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Support/Recommendation for (old) Flight Sticks?

Started by Guigafumi, July 14, 2023, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guigafumi

Hello,

I've been away from playing any games for a long time but may be getting back to the hobby soon. I've recently came across a flight stick and was wondering about their functionality with GP Bikes, if anyone has had success with them. I found a couple of example photos of what I was thinking about, online:

Chris_Beeves

GPbikes accepts any controller you can see in windows so compatibility is probably not an issue.
The push/pull motion of the yoke would be interesting! But what would you use as throttle/clutch? Pedals?
I had to try..

teeds

My friend uses that exact Thrustmaster joystick to play GP and MXbikes, it works well.

Guigafumi

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on July 15, 2023, 06:15:47 AMGPbikes accepts any controller you can see in windows so compatibility is probably not an issue.
The push/pull motion of the yoke would be interesting! But what would you use as throttle/clutch? Pedals?

For throttle/braking I figured it could be the lever. Other actions would be limited by the buttons available. It was just an idea, nice to know (thank you, teeds) that it can work.