• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:35:49 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Mission Sub 40!

Started by BOBR6 84, May 21, 2014, 06:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Trying to get in the 1:39's with the 500 at magny-cours...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLELSttvKXw

il keep trying... feel free to show how its done! :)

JamoZ

There is some to be gained in your lap by driving slightly better lines and braking a bit later at some points, and opening the throttle a bit sooner on others ;)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: JamoZ on May 21, 2014, 06:17:03 PM
There is some to be gained in your lap by driving slightly better lines and braking a bit later at some points, and opening the throttle a bit sooner on others ;)

;)  yep! It p!ssed me off.. I did about 45 laps lol, some with better lines at other corners etc. Sometimes I do a nice lap and bottle it at the last chicaine lol. Il keep trying!

iVolution

Doing pretty well getting near the 1.39's. Will help if you shorten the first gear a bit. Magny cours is not my favorite but did a pretty decent time on it with the 500cc old school race. As what Jamoz said its just a matter of braking later, taking faster lines and quicker on the throttle.... but then again, when isn't it  ;D

BOBR6 84

Lol too true.. Advice taken onboard though! Especially 1st gear! That will help alot I think.. Il try again tomorrow.

I seen your laptime on the leaderboard.. 1:38 is it? Nice!! Thats quick!

iVolution

Yes but that was a rare occasion where I used Qualifying tyres. Normally never do that but Loopateli was really quick in that session so decided that i needed that little bit of extra grip as well. I think I managed somewhere in the higher 1.38 with the normal set.

BOBR6 84

Yes iv been using soft tyres!
Qualifying tyres seem to be killed just from the out lap.. Especially with the 500, Do tyre pressures have an effect on tyre life in gpbikes?

iVolution

Dont know about the tyre pressure, but usually I am surprised by the complexity of the simulation so there might be a good chance that it does have an effect on the wear.

Vini

How can you brake so late?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: vin97 on May 22, 2014, 11:35:36 AM
How can you brake so late?

Late?? i dont know lol im just trying as hard as i can!

iv managed a 1:39.4.. im not happy though.. terrible lap, i dont know how its a 1:39 lap at all.. oh well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRyHSDKaDmk

Desteban

Nice, I don't think it was bad, you could have been a little faster yes but the lap was pretty decent  ;)

JamoZ

There is one rule in racing that proves to be right time after time again ; if it feels slow, it's probably fast ;)

LOOPATELI

If you can, do some laps with other fast rider, your laptimes will go down quickly. You can learn a lot of things from other riders styles and racing lines

BOBR6 84

Quote from: JamoZ on May 22, 2014, 01:09:04 PM
There is one rule in racing that proves to be right time after time again ; if it feels slow, it's probably fast ;)

Too true! It really felt bad though lol. Might download the plugin to keep an eye on the splits.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 22, 2014, 07:26:44 PM
If you can, do some laps with other fast rider, your laptimes will go down quickly. You can learn a lot of things from other riders styles and racing lines

Yeah man! I plan to go online more often and maybe take part in some arranged events asap!

Last time I tried I couldnt line up on the grid lol and got disqualified!! Lol :)

I watched the noob tutorial by Arvoss! Cheers Arvoss ;)