• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:50:28 PM

MotoGP14

Started by HornetMaX, May 24, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

... even if some effects are (as often) exaggerated for my taste:

https://www.youtube.com/v/JEthwrPw36U

Physics will be as good as usual :)

It seems collision detection/handling is even worse than the previous opus ...

MaX.

JamoZ

May 24, 2014, 01:34:24 PM #1 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:38:09 PM by JamoZ
QuotePhysics will be as good as usual :)

rc211v

May 24, 2014, 04:55:05 PM #2 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:58:55 PM by rc211v
Looks like they've improved graphics and implemented a really nice DoF. I'm actually tempted to buy it since I can play the season mode with the different riders though I remember when I played the MotoGP 13 demo for too long I got rusty at GP Bikes :p

Anyone else considering it?

RiccoChicco

Moved topic in the right section + renamed it to get a unique topic on this game + merged the second topic about it  :)

rc211v

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 24, 2014, 04:59:03 PM
Moved topic in the right section + renamed it to get a unique topic on this game + merged the second topic about it  :)

Thanks! I initially tried searching for motogp 14 but nothing showed up so I made a thread.

Stout Johnson

It really DOES look nice, visuals are really ok...

BUT:
1) Suspension movement looks crap - it's like it has two animations (up and down, nothing in between)
2) Rear wheel slip looks crap - it almost looks like it has no slip calculation at all! If you watch a slow-mo-replay in GPB you see how realistic it can look :)
3) They included different riding styles - Marquez' riding style looks more like a Barry Sheen animation than an actual Marquez style
4) music of this promo vid is gay (very fitting for a promo for this crappy game :P)  [sorry for being politically incorrect]

Quote from: rc211v on May 24, 2014, 04:55:05 PM
Looks like they've improved graphics and implemented a really nice DoF. I'm actually tempted to buy it since I can play the season mode with the different riders though I remember when I played the MotoGP 13 demo for too long I got rusty at GP Bikes :p

You kidding?! I was curious, so I installed the '13 demo version from Steam - I got sick after 5 secs and didn't even finish one lap - it is just that bad. It just shows that visuals are not really important. It's like lying in bed with a hot woman. But she is just lying there... stone cold and not showing any emotion. And now compare that to a woman, visuals are not stunning, but ok - and she is really active, passionate, kinky - it is obvious which one is more fun ;)

in case you didn't get it:
- hot, sexy but incredibly boring woman = MotoGP14
- visually ok and kinky woman that makes you crazy for her = GPB
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

rc211v

May 24, 2014, 08:00:07 PM #6 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:04:48 PM by rc211v
Quote from: Stout Johnson on May 24, 2014, 07:57:26 PM

You kidding?! I was curious, so I installed the '13 demo version from Steam - I got sick after 5 secs and didn't even finish one lap - it is just that bad. It just shows that visuals are not really important. It's like lying in bed with a hot woman. But she is just lying there... stone cold and not showing any emotion. And now compare that to a woman, visuals are not stunning, but ok - and she is really active, passionate, kinky - it is obvious which one is more fun ;)

Well I know the handling sucks but the fact is that the tracks are complete and there is a wide choice of riders/liveries. It's fun to just mess around with. It's like not playing Need For Speed because Iracing is more accurate.

There's also actual AI so you can have proper races (even if the AI isn't great) instead of hotlapping or racing with just 3 other people online.

Toomes1

I prefer kinky women

JamoZ

Quote from: rc211v on May 24, 2014, 08:00:07 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on May 24, 2014, 07:57:26 PM

Well I know the handling sucks but the fact is that the tracks are complete and there is a wide choice of riders/liveries. It's fun to just mess around with. It's like not playing Need For Speed because Iracing is more accurate.

There's also actual AI so you can have proper races (even if the AI isn't great) instead of hotlapping or racing with just 3 other people online.

I wouldn`t even play the game if i got it for free...

Stout Johnson

girlracerTracey

May 24, 2014, 09:30:19 PM #10 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:34:43 PM by girlracerTracey
Well I've just come from a full 10 months of motogp13 league racing. I actually organised and ran the leagues on xbox. We had some memorable full distance races in our 18 round championships. We ran four classes..

However, it is and always was an arcade game. An advanced arcade game but an arcade game nonetheless. There's no question about that. I much prefer the physics, tyre wear dynamics, tyre grip dynamics, realistic & playable collision dynamics and competitive and intelligent AI in the 14 year old gp500 pc game.. There is really no contest if I am honest between the two. gp500 in my honest opinion wins hands down. Melbourne House's gp500 trounced Milestone's SBK2000/20001 games all those years ago. Melbourne House's gp500 in my personal opinion trounces motogp13/14 in the year 2014 also in terms of its physics engine. Motogp13 beats gp500 in only one area. Up to date graphics. That's it.

The one thing that motogp13 has going for it however are accessible and working online lobbies. You have to turn the collisions off because collisions in the game are so truly awful. That apart however you can very reliably run 25 lap races for up to 40 minutes of racing. With very little or no problems at all. That's the main thing that motogp13 by Milestone has going for it. Having said all that the quality of the racing has been first class. Unlike the quality of the physics. It has been extremely competitive..

Now I have switched to gpbikes. In my short time on the simulation I can honestly say that it eclipses motogp13 totally, utterly and completely in terms of its physics engine. There is absolutely no comparison between the two in terms of the accuracy and depth of the physics. gpbikes wins hands down.

As a newcomer in my opinion all that gpbikes needs is for the physics to be refined slightly in specific areas. One of which is rear wheel steering. Just a refinement in my opinion. That's all. Also and most importantly the online lobbies need to be made fully stable for at least up to 16 bikes and so that you can reliably run full distance races. Up to 25 laps and beyond depending upon the nature and length of the individual circuit. That's all it needs!

Once that is achieved I firmly believe gpbikes will take its rightful place as the most supreme and realistic motorcycle racing simulator of all time. Which is where PiBoSo's gpbikes undoubtedly deserves to be. As a "newbie" that's my opinion anyway.

I have never ridden anything like it in my life!  :) 

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on May 24, 2014, 09:29:03 PM
Quote from: Toomes1 on May 24, 2014, 08:19:06 PM
I prefer kinky women

way to go... :)
Let's start a club for that !

MaX.

P.S.
Like Stout, I installed MotoGP13 (can't remember if demo or full): you can trust me, I spent more time waiting for the install to complete than actually playing the game.
And it hasn't and AI (as per Artificilal Intelligence), it has an AD ...

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Stout Johnson on May 24, 2014, 09:29:03 PM
Quote from: Toomes1 on May 24, 2014, 08:19:06 PM
I prefer kinky women

way to go... :)

Kinky in what way exactly? Don't worry I just wish to perform a psychoanalysis of you all before I meet you on the race-track..  ;)

grT

JamoZ

Stout can tell you all about kinky  ::)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: girlracerTracey on May 24, 2014, 09:58:50 PM
Kinky in what way exactly? Don't worry I just wish to perform a psychoanalysis of you all before I meet you on the race-track..  ;)
ooh dammit, girls here? didn't expect that....  ;)

well that kind of kinky --> http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/kinky

Now I have switched to gpbikes.
Congratulations, and nice to have you here.

Once that is achieved I firmly believe gpbikes will take its rightful place as the most supreme and realistic motorcycle racing simulator of all time.
Well, imho GPB has to be considered as the most realistic motorcycle racing simulator since its alpha stages... (and maybe not of all time - you never know what kind of motorcycle racing simulator there will be in the future ;) )