• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:58:41 AM

MotoGP14

Started by HornetMaX, May 24, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guigui404

i've trials fusion on pc for mee it's a very funny game always enjoy playing it :p

WALKEN

After testing it out for a bit I found a couple of positives..

For some strange reason if you uncheck  High Quality AFX & High Resolution Textures as well as "Full vsync" it looks miles better?

Also I noticed that if you set the resolution to your native desktop it will automatically window it... You need to task out and restart and it will work perfect....

The leaderboards work and online functions proper... Cutting corners seem to be resolved?

Please don't get me wrong here it is a console port and by no means GPBikes!  But I guess for some bang around time trial comp it will be ok . When I first started testing the game I though it was a POS but I have found a bit of value in it by correcting the graphics issue and finding the 2 strokes!

As $hitty as it may be, its better than anything else besides GPBikes of course..

Thx Piboso! 
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: WALKEN on June 25, 2014, 01:41:32 AM
As $hitty as it may be, its better than anything else besides GPBikes of course..
Not that there's much else anyway ...

I may buy it once the price goes down (which normally is not long after), just to look at what it is capable of doing graphically.
I've seen some in-game screenshots (no photoshopping) and it's pretty impressive.
But I already know that just like the '13, I just won't play it more than 1h top.

MaX.

Arvoss

It's called MOTO GP and the first mode I came across was the safety CAR mode :P Physics are shit but it's a fun game :D Maybe I'll make some comparison videos between MOTOGP and GP Bikes.

Braap570

i bought it for ps4 too...
not to compare with gp bikes but very funny... espacially online races could be very funny....
like arvoss said the physics are a bit shitty, but better than in motogp 2013... funny to play as an arcarde racing game :D

if someone of you bought it for ps4 too you can write your psn name in a pm or something like that :)

JamoZ

June 26, 2014, 12:29:40 AM #110 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:31:23 AM by JamoZ
So, just for fun & giggles i reinstalled MotoGP 08 and man, that game was so much better then everything they`ve released after that. At least it provided you with some sort of challenge on simulation settings. You could actually highside when hitting the throttle too early or lose the front end under braking, neither of which happen easy in more recent MotoGP games. I`d say it had an almost perfect balance providing easy entry for the arcade fan, but with enough challenge for the somewhat more skilled riders.

Here`s one of my first laps back into this game again ;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/xR8Au5Dm6gs&featurehd=1

guigui404

Quote from: JamoZ on June 26, 2014, 12:29:40 AM
So, just for fun & giggles i reinstalled MotoGP 08 and man, that game was so much better then everything they`ve released after that. At least it provided you with some sort of challenge on simulation settings. You could actually highside when hitting the throttle too early or lose the front end under braking, neither of which happen easy in more recent MotoGP games. I`d say it had an almost perfect balance providing easy entry for the arcade fan, but with enough challenge for the somewhat more skilled riders.

Here`s one of my first laps back into this game again ;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/xR8Au5Dm6gs&featurehd=1
Same as you i've re-install motogp08 , and it's a pure happiness playing this game , the ride is most fluid , IA is good in champion so there is a challenge
only problem i get some pad problem but i don't care ^^

BOBR6 84

Yeah I enjoyed 08 too.. Milestone should have picked up from this and tweeked it.. Graphics were pretty good also.

Most of there sbk titles were rock solid especially online. Graphics werent that good but was a reliable game.. Gp14 the leaderboard glitches are creeping back already.

girlracerTracey

I quite liked motogp08 on the pc. But I repeat again main draw with something like motogp14, for its sins, is the accessibility of online racing. Also it is much improved from motogp13. You can and do lose the front end on the brakes and on the power now. Although not quite as delicate in this respect as motogp08.

For me though the gp500 pc game beats motogp 08 hands down. No contest for this little girl. And you can still very easily race online on himachi.  There's even an online BSB championship currently in progress. And you can race each other at the TT.

https://www.youtube.com/v/Gr8jgq_Mc8Y

My problem is that I am addicted to online racing and I need my fix.  :o

Nothing like a bit of retro gaming until gpbikes is up and running again.   ;)

grT

Arvoss

I was addicted to a MotoGP Demo a couple of years ago. I think it was 08. I'm downloading it right now! :D

Arvoss

Never thought I was going to say this but I'm really enjoying this game :D Especially the old riders are cool and the graphics are very nice. The riders/suits are just beautiful! :D

guigui404

we are many to play and it already exist some LAN server on tunngle or xfire i think so why don't play together :) ?

girlracerTracey

June 27, 2014, 08:59:23 AM #117 Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:35:29 AM by girlracerTracey
I have a bit of news on the motogp14 front for anyone who might possibly be interested.

I have now secured a cheap secondhand copy of the xbox 360 version of the game. As you know I was already playing the PS4 version.

Bottom line is that graphics apart, the xbox version has noticeably inferior physics and a noticeably inferior feel to it when racing round the tracks. It's feels like a much less refined version of the PS4 game. Indeed in terms of the physics during gameplay it feels closer to motogp13.

In honesty the PS4 version feels like a different game. The physics and feel to the game, to me at least, feels markedly superior and more refined. As I say a different game.

I noticed this immediately.

My advice to anyone who might be thinking about it is to NOT to purchase this game on xbox 360 or PS3. I played motogp13 on the xbox 360, PS3 and pc and by contrast all three versions felt virtually identical to each other.

Quite surprised by this. Rather shocked in fact. This game was clearly designed for PS4 and has not ported well to the xbox 360. It just doesn't feel like the same game at all. Nothing like it.

grT

P.S. I presume the pc version more closely resembles the PS4 "master" version.   

valentinik46

i bought it for ps3 and as with motogp 13 and previous versions i played for a day,moto3 was ok and after that  i hate the physics plain stupid as always,last one i kind of enjoyed was the 08 motogp but even that  i didnt play for to long,60 euros to make milestone richer so they can keep riping me off every year with the same stuff with minor changes,and the online its not that good either,on the 2013 version for pc i never managed to play online, this was it for me,im not making these bitches any richer

girlracerTracey

June 27, 2014, 01:29:02 PM #119 Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:40:16 PM by girlracerTracey
If the PS3 version is anyhing like the xbox 360 version I am not to the slightest degree surprised by your comments.

I just did a direct back-to-back comparison between the xbox version and the PS4 version. Same circuit, same bike, same conditions etc. etc. etc.  The xbox 360 version feels like what it is is an out and out arcade racer. Very similar to motogp13. Motogp14 on the PS4 is on a different planet. Lap times are slower on PS4. Mid-corner speed is right down. Braking is far more challenging as is getting on the throttle. On the xbox 360 version you feel as though you are glued to rails.. Just whack the throttle open it'll be fine! On the PS4 version by comparison it is challenging to ride on the limit.

Take it from me. There is no comparison. I have just done 12 months of day in day out racing on motogp13 including twice-weekly leagues. I know the Milestone motogp games intimately.

Best way to describe it is on the xbox version it feels like the whole world is speeded-up you are lapping so quickly. Same effect as on motogp13. On the PS4 version the world is revolving at a more normal pace..

An extremely amateurish and rushed out xbox port of a game designed around the PS4. 

I am really surprised by the extent of difference between the two. The xbox version seems like a complete after-thought on the part of Milestone to me. How do they get away with it?

I know quite a number of guys and a girl who are racing the xbox version of motogp14..I just haven't got the heart to tell them if I am honest. Pretty poor show Milestone!

grT