• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:52:09 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Brake size

Started by Ian, May 26, 2014, 09:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Is it worth updating the size and choice of brake disc for next release.

The Grand Prix Commission announced  that a 340mm front brake disc will now be available after coming under pressure from several riders in the Safety Commission that the current 320mm disc was struggling to cope with the weight and speeds of the current generation 1000cc four-strokes.

HornetMaX

GPB actually does not care about the discs' size. It appears in the garage but it's just eye candy: I can replace 314mm with 314Km and nothing change. It's just a label.

The strength of the brake system is dictated by other parameters (that in real life do depend on the discs' size, on top of other things).

Bottom line, nothing to change in the game: if somebody will model a 2014 MotoGP physics, then he may want to increase a bit the braking force (I'd say increasing the "pressureToTorque" value, it's 0.44 for the 990 right now). But notice that the maximum braking force you an actually use on a bike may be limited by other factors (tires, geometry, ...) more than by the actual maximum force the braking system can provide.

MaX.

C21

It´s a only a matter of seconds to add 340mm discs into the cfg.file  ;)
But it´s only a change of numbers...as Max explained the brake system in GPB does not use the brake disc size.....there are other parameters......it´s just a label for the rider to change between different brake systems (if there is the choice) and to know with which one he feels comfortable.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Ian

Ok thanks I have been fooled by eye candy
The front leverage 16/18/20mm that works, I guess that's 3/6/9 instead of the old 1 to 10 choice from Beta 3

HornetMaX

Quote from: Ian on May 30, 2014, 05:06:48 PM
The front leverage 16/18/20mm that works, I guess that's 3/6/9 instead of the old 1 to 10 choice from Beta 3
The leverage is the distance between the master cylinder and the brake lever joint.
In GPB, the distance between the lever joint and the point where your hand applies the force is 200mm, so if your leverage is 20mm, the ratio between the force your hand applies and the force the lever applies on the master cylinder is 1 to 10 (20mm / 200mm).

Shorter leverage means bigger braking force but less sensitivity. It works just like a nutcracker.

MaX.