• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:03:59 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Handlebar controls

Started by Chad Smith, January 01, 2022, 07:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuovaic

Did you use that in the race yesterday Chad? If so, it works very well!

Chad Smith

Oh hey, nouvaic! Yes I did use it in the race.  I'm still getting used to the controls but it has seemed to be working pretty well! 

Slider46

Nice one Chad, that looks like it works really well :) I held on to my sofa at turn 1 (3:30), lol

Quote from: Chad Smith on January 31, 2022, 04:04:14 AMI'm really excited to see how VR feels, I'm expecting to want to have an actual motorcycle rig as the next step to gain more immersion.

VR is something else man, you gotta do it. It feels like you could get abit of Scott Readings 'helmet down' action going on, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsQWMovTPfc.

onearmedbandit

Totally agree, in VR this sim is next level greatness. I'm following these discussions closely as the plan is to build a dedicated riding rig for it.

Chad Smith

I'm glad to hear VR is good in the sim.

I've never tried VR before, and having some real world track riding in curious how it will compare.

Helmet dragging might make me a little disoriented  :o 

I'm still working on getting a new computer so that will be the next purchase to get the vr and motorcycle rig going.

Slider46

I dont know what others think but i have a few mates that dont get on with VR too well. They suddenly feel abit queesy and thats just sat in my car race rig with no motion.
With that in mind, im building my rig so it isnt dependant on VR. Or i could just tell my mates to spectate from the sofa while i have all the fun onboard ;D  Personaly, i can stay in there 'till the battery goes flat on my Quest 2 but its probably worth keeping in mind.

Go for it Chad, if you dont throw up, you wont be disapointed, lol.

Chris_Beeves

I haven't used VR with motion, but for me I get more affected playing games where there should be motion, like rally jumps, and there is no motion.
In gp-bikes I have no issues at all, it kind of makes sense motion-wise just sitting on a chair. Mx-bikes is a bit tough though.
I had to try..

poumpouny

Motion sickness sould be less with motion rig, cause the difference of what your eye see in VR and what your brain / internal ear / body feels is the main reason why you fell sick with VR ! so this difference sould decrease with motion rig, even it will never be like IRL (lack of G force etc .... )