• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:40:12 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxTM - A telemetry tool for GPB, MXB, WRS and KRP

Started by HornetMaX, May 28, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neoraptor

Hi Max,

Mclaren Atlas is definetely not free: the 2 versions (lite and normal)  requires both a dongle according to their website

If you want to have some export option, there is Circuit Tools which is free and has an open (and documented) format:
* Format documentation (quite easy): https://racelogic.support/01VBOX_Automotive/01General_Information/Knowledge_Base/VBO_file_format
* Application: https://www.vboxmotorsport.co.uk/index.php/en/circuit-tools-driver-analysis-software

Might be interesting to have an export option, but it does not bring much more compare to your tool. I prefer MaxTM visualisation.
(It is normally used to have both video and data displayed. Could be really fun to have with GPB replays, but it requires too much work)

I am still using your tool and find it very useful and easy to use.

I have noticed some points that could be improved (or that I didn't found):
* if MaxTM is running and a new TM file is saved/created, have an option to automatically open/add it to the current workspace. That way, a simple alt+Tab to MaxTM gives access to the latest run and start the analysis right away.
* Automatically reload the last graph panels used (actually I need to reopen them each time)
* Have the option to always center the track panel depending on the cursor position (when zoomed)
* Have the ability to detach the graph panels (to have more than one displayed)
* Have an option to display the segments in track panel + graph (to know where the sectors are)
* Maybe some kind of csv import to have a more generic tool? (But this point is not related to GPB)

If you need some help, I also have learned and used Qt for small projects and can implement some parts.

Thanks again for your great work ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

HornetMaX

No news, availabe time and motivation to work on this stuff is low.
To be honest, I even think I've only done 4 laps max with GPB in the last 4 months.

I'm even trying to convince myself that if the next gpb beta is 64bit I will have to find the time to port all the stuff to it. And even that it's not a given. :/

Side note: I've received some sort of commercial proposal for this telemetry tool, but even for that, I'm far from sure I have the time.

neoraptor

No problem Max ;) I understand fully.

If you find time (and motivation) for GPB 13, it would be great  :)

I can completely understand that you receive some commercial proposal as your tool has a clean, simple yet powerful interface.
It is very nice to use (I enjoy it a lot).

Maybe a silly question, but don't you want to open-source your code (or share it with other dev/players) so other could add features and maintain it between new versions ? I get it also if you want to keep the code private, no problem here ;)

Thanks anyway, for your very good tool !
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

HornetMaX

MXB beta 8 is out and it's x64.
I only compiled MaxHUD and it works OK with minimal effort, so that's good.
I'll surely port all my stuff to x64 for all sims, then I got a couple of minor things to do in MaxSCL (didn't forget that, h106 :) ).
After that I'll see what to do.

At the moment I'm pondering just adding a PayPal "donate" button and call it a day :)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Cheers Max, your plug-ins and apps are 'must-have' components of GPB and greatly appreciated :)

HornetMaX

v2.0 out:

• Updates for GPb beta14, WRS beta13, MXB beta8 and KRP rel6.
  • Now possible to chnage the sign in diff graphs, i.e (ref_lap - other_lap) or (other_lap - ref_lap): right click on the graph, current graph proprties, delta plot (inverted).

I've added a PayPal donate button in the 1st post 8)

HornetMaX

v2.1 out:
  • Updates for KRP rel8 (x64).

DidietXFuera

August 23, 2019, 01:59:31 AM #83 Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:32:11 AM by DidietXFuera
Can we change the MAXHud font? If it can, how?

Then, can we make the background standing opacity to untransparant? Thanks
GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

HornetMaX

Quote from: DidietXFuera on August 23, 2019, 01:59:31 AMCan we change the MAXHud font? If it can, how?

Are you taliking baout MaxHUD or MaxTM (this topic is for MaxTM) ?

For MaxHUD:
  • Font: yes, in the menu you can change the fixed and the variable size font across the ones available. If you want to add  new font that's a bit trickier (needs a tool to convert to PiBoSo font format). Can't remember the details, will have to check.
  • Background color: check MaxHUD.ini for all the lines like:
    _color_back = [128, 0, 0, 128]
The 4 numbers are alpha / blue / green / red (0...255). [/li][/list]

DidietXFuera

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 03, 2019, 08:18:50 AM
    Quote from: DidietXFuera on August 23, 2019, 01:59:31 AMCan we change the MAXHud font? If it can, how?

For MaxHUD:
    • Font: yes, in the menu you can change the fixed and the variable size font across the ones available. If you want to add  new font that's a bit trickier (needs a tool to convert to PiBoSo font format). Can't remember the details, will have to check.
    How about background opacity?
    GP-Bikes INDONESIA
    Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

HornetMaX

Quote from: DidietXFuera on September 06, 2019, 02:33:36 PM
      Quote from: HornetMaX on September 03, 2019, 08:18:50 AM

For MaxHUD:
      How about background opacity?
      alpha is opacity.

HornetMaX

v2.2 out:
      • Updates for GPB beta16.

Tom HWK

Is there anyway of adding tyre temps into the telemetry and HUD? or on HUD having a light for tyre overheating? I think race bikes have a light for it or at least gp bikes..

HornetMaX

Quote from: Tom HWK on September 22, 2019, 11:03:07 AMIs there anyway of adding tyre temps into the telemetry and HUD? or on HUD having a light for tyre overheating? I think race bikes have a light for it or at least gp bikes..
      No, unless PiBoSo decides that tyre temps are worth to be passed to plugins.