• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:47:05 PM

NC - Mugello RC1.00

Started by noss69, June 05, 2014, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noss69

Description

Imags et Vidéos

other infos

Important
On this track I used the new camera system (Auto zoom) for this one to work you must add this line of code :
size
{
x = 0.5
y = 1
z = 2
}

file on each camera (camera.cfg) of your bike.
Murasama : http://www.mediafire.com/download/e1oe4m4sw0mm9q7/cameras.cfg

Téléchargement

NC - Mugello RC1.00 http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5a5nbueacw9yjj/NC+-+Mugello+RC1.00.rar

HornetMaX

Good job guys ! Only did a few laps (600):

• Why the mountains in the distance have that weird "washed out" colour ?
  • Surface looks good (again, just tried the 600 for a few laps), except the double right hander (Arrabbiata 1 and 2). Nothing new, except the fact here instead of having the usual "bike seeming to spin on its vertical axes", there seem to be the rear suspension starting to "pump"

MaX.

noss69

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 05, 2014, 05:27:49 PM
Good job guys ! Only did a few laps (600):

MaX.

mountains are all white as background track, unless it is exported with the .map file, but I could not do it because it is too far from what we actually see the mountains a view as we advance in the track

_oDi_

I predict millions of miles to do here... thanks, amazing. :)

Arvoss

Wow, release time already?! :D I'll try this track tonight! :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: noss69 on June 05, 2014, 05:34:19 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 05, 2014, 05:27:49 PM

mountains are all white as background track, unless it is exported with the .map file, but I could not do it because it is too far from what we actually see the mountains a view as we advance in the track
Not sure I understand what you're saying Noss (you can tell me in french, in case :) ).
Even if I put the drawdistance to 100000 in my profile.ini, the far mountains still have a weird color.

MaX.

Arvoss

I think he wants to say that you can't see the mountains well when you ride fast. So it doesn't matter if they're white or colored ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Arvoss on June 05, 2014, 05:56:39 PM
I think he wants to say that you can't see the mountains well when you ride fast. So it doesn't matter if they're white or colored ;)
https://www.youtube.com/v/ekQ_Ja02gTY

MaX.

Arvoss

I was serious :P But apparently it's something else ^^

JamoZ

PeterV

Very good job on Mugello, thank you Noss and Hawk.

HornetMaX

The problem of the "white mountains" is the fog: if you put its density to zero in the .amb file, the mountains have the correct colors.

I'm no expert on this stuff, but it seems the current model for the fog works well for nearby objects but not at all for far objects.

By the way, the "Saint West" version of mugello had the exact same problem.

MaX.

Klax75

Great work! :)

I have been trying something with this track.

Made the sun light brighter, the fog less, and added a slight blue to the ambient light.
{
ambient
{
red = 0.27
green = 0.29
blue = 0.40
}
sun_color
{
red = 2.05
green = 2
blue = 1.9
}
fog
{
density = 0.0002
red = 0.7
green = 0.67
blue = 0.85

One thing I've notice with a lot of tracks, the sun light doesn't seem bright like the sun. And the sky box for the sky, the blue sky texture doesn't seem a vibrant blue, kind of a dull blue. Not just this track but a lot of them. Seems like the saturation is low for the color.

HornetMaX

I've already discussed this with Noss on the french forum: there's definitely too much fog density in all conditions (clear, cloudy and rainy).
I proposed him to lower the fog density to 0.0001, 0.0001 - 0.0002 and 0.0004 - 0.0008 (from the current 0.0015, 0.0010 and 0.0040 for, respectively, clear, cloudy and rainy).
Even without touching the colors, it's much better IMO.

Notice that you can change this stuff without having a data mismatch, so feel free to try. Everything is in the .amb file in the track folder.

MaX.

donhardo

Ty very much from Mugello!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D