• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

DoubleDragonCC (not a good experience)

Started by grimm, June 08, 2014, 08:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimm

June 08, 2014, 08:28:37 PM Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:37:56 PM by grimm
Thread served the purpose as intended, no need to leave such personal stuff laying about. As per the thread title, the story I told was my experience with DDCC, and that was of the sort that nothing was accomplished as agreed upon, there for, I felt it necessary to enlighten the community to that fact.

BOBR6 84

You seem like a descent guy! Its bad that this happened to you man..
BUT I cant understand why you would invite somebody from a forum to your home!!! Thats crazy! Keep in mind.. the sun doesnt shine out of everybodys ass!

grimm

DDCC wasn't just "someone" off a forum though, he was a well respected member of the GPB community in the development of a motorcycle controller... and a business owner, or at least that is the story he gives us all here on the forum.

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

Sad story.

If you have the original boxes or pictures of the computer parts you want to sell, you may try to get some of your money back selling them second hand.

MaX.

grimm

June 09, 2014, 05:41:43 PM #5 Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:39:38 PM by grimm
Quote from: Alby46 on June 09, 2014, 06:25:59 AM
wasn't he developing the controller?

It's what I was under the impression of, but he said his business partners screwed him over.... but in the end when the truth came out it was his drinking problem that did him in. I spent far beyond my budget to develop the bike for the run, so in effect I blew through thousands and thousands more than I ever should have to be ready for testing by the time he was finished with the controller he never started working on in the first place.  :'(

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 09, 2014, 01:24:10 PM
Sad story.

If you have the original boxes or pictures of the computer parts you want to sell, you may try to get some of your money back selling them second hand.

MaX.

The main computer he built has since been sold, and a great deal of the small stuff is either being used for other things or sold off at severely reduced prices. Only things left to worry about is the random blue screens my computer keeps having since he left, it's like he planted a virus, and the absurd amount of money I have into my turbo bike that still sits without direction... I think at this point it will be setup for drag racing, but that alone is another can of worms I am afraid to open as a motorcycle builder as all development went into what I was building it for to begin with.

Hawk

This is a very regrettable and sad story, and I've no doubt a hard lesson learned not only for you Grimme, but others too.....

As far as your computer is concerned, why don't you just do a full fresh re-install of the OS? That should sort out any possible virus problems he may have left in there.

Hawk.

Alby46

i just got an idea: i'm in an overclock team ( those crazy guys who try to bring cpu's at the highest clock possible, 8,9 ghz is the world record ) use a program which finds out the code of the blue screen and what is caused by. if you try it you may discover why you're getting blue screens...

Alby46

Alby46

all blue screen of death codes have a significate

Toomes1

Grimm , that's terrible man crazy, but we don't want him in the Uk, we've got enough of those rats here already.

valentinik46

sorry to say this but if i knew you and i was around i would beat his drunk ass just for disrespecting you and hooking up with your mother man,you seem like a good person dont worry about it and remain the same person,as they say around here every obstacle is for good,i admire you for sharing this buddy,just dont stress over this(in case you have)at all,take care

grimm

June 13, 2014, 02:11:35 PM #12 Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:42:26 PM by grimm
Quote from: Alby46 on June 09, 2014, 06:10:51 PM
all blue screen of death codes have a significate

After checking with a few people it seems something deep enough that the OS needs to be re-installed. I'll back everything up and see how that goes. I think if that doesn't fix it there must be a hardware problem, but I highly doubt that as I've checked that all over with the help of a guy that knows computers well.

Quote from: Toomes1 on June 09, 2014, 06:52:54 PM
Grimm , that's terrible man crazy, but we don't want him in the Uk, we've got enough of those rats here already.

Like it or not he got himself kicked out of the United States and is on his way back there some time. Not sure how long deporting a non-citizen takes from my country, but I would take a wild guess that the moment he steps foot into England he will be looking for someone new to "help" him. If he is sober then I would reckon he isn't the nightmare I dealt with, but as soon as the drinking starts it will probably all go back to the way he was here.  :-\

Quote from: valentinik46 on June 10, 2014, 11:05:58 PM
sorry to say this but if i knew you and i was around i would beat his drunk ass just for disrespecting you and hooking up with your mother man,you seem like a good person dont worry about it and remain the same person,as they say around here every obstacle is for good,i admire you for sharing this buddy,just dont stress over this(in case you have)at all,take care

He wanted me to fight him a few times, begged me for it too. I'm a mechanic, I stand 6'2" tall, grew up in a rough life and know how to fight like an animal due to it.... DDCC is 5'2" and 110lbs I think? Somewhere close to that at least. Standing side by side I am a giant next to him. Plus he is in his 50's and has lived a hell of a life that left him beaten and scarred, a few motorcycle wrecks over the years broke alot of him pretty badly and fighting him would just add injury over already nagging injury.... not that he wasn't asking for the beating I wanted so badly to give to him, it's just that he seemed miserable enough... it would feel it would have been like beating up a child, as I am unsure he would even fight back.

HornetMaX

Just an advice grimm: don't write thing here you could one day regret. Even if you had all the reasons in the world to feel like this. Just to be sure ...

MaX.

valentinik46

Grimm i understand your position man and all that stuff that happened,but i think hornetmax is right