• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, June 20, 2014, 05:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 21, 2014, 09:38:16 AM
ps. i did exactly the same, fresh install! its just that Avast blocks the core.exe!

im not sure how to get around it?
In Avast, click on Settings, then Active protection, then on the small "gear" on the "File System Shield", then on "Exclusions" and add one pointing to your core.exe (or the entire GPB folder).

Job done.

That said, avast is annoying me in other ways, so I may want to switch anyway.

@HawK: across the years I've tried all the major (free) antivirus (including AVG).  They are all OK, but from time to time one of them adds an annoying "feature", or changes the interface to something stupid, or has problems updating ... yawn ...

MaX.

grimm

Madly in love with the 500 now!  8)

Thanks for all the effort and hard work Piboso! This update is awesome!  ;D

Abigor

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 21, 2014, 08:56:03 AM
Quote from: Abigor on June 20, 2014, 11:59:45 PM
Well..... sorry but no........Beta 4 was very close to perfect......this beta is not......the is no way in hell that the bike is nervous like that and wheelies midcorner like that...... it's not real physics........ i'm your biggest fan PiBoSo but right now i don't know what to say  :'(

Sorry Abigor, I totally disagree. I used to see watch Barry Sheene pull wheelies regular while banked over in a corner while practicing for events, it's not something he would normally do in a serious race, but he was clowning around for the crowd at the time.

I managed to find a video of a corner wheelie for you(Watch from 4:00):
http://www.youtube.com/v/aXR8Df_Bml0

Hope this helps mate.  ;)

Hawk.
Thanks Hawk ... but no thanks.......the physics is wrong now ......very nervous bike and wheelies too much

HornetMaX

It wheelies a lot more than before. That said I can't say yet if it's a good or bad thing, I need to practice more (*).
The 990, even with anti-wheeling at maximum, weheelies like a beast.

What would be interesting to know is why they now wheelie more, what has changed to make this happen.

MaX.

(*)
Nice timing by the way: in 5 days I'll be moving and won't have my PC for at least a month  :(
It seems each time I go on holiday or move, each time I go pc-less for a while, GPB gets a new beta :)

Klax75

I noticed the front of the bike seems heavier. When going over a hill that you get air borne at a couple times the front dropped down before the back on me. So I landed on my front wheel.

BOBR6 84

i think it wheelies more because the tyre radius is fixed! so even at slight lean angle the rpm increases (more than before).

throttle response feels better to me..

try not going full throttle as early..

lets face it, i doubt you would be at full throttle on a real gp bike as fast as you were on beta4.

i think its pretty good now  :)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 21, 2014, 09:53:52 AM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 21, 2014, 09:38:16 AM
ps. i did exactly the same, fresh install! its just that Avast blocks the core.exe!

im not sure how to get around it?
In Avast, click on Settings, then Active protection, then on the small "gear" on the "File System Shield", then on "Exclusions" and add one pointing to your core.exe (or the entire GPB folder).

Job done.

That said, avast is annoying me in other ways, so I may want to switch anyway.

@HawK: across the years I've tried all the major (free) antivirus (including AVG).  They are all OK, but from time to time one of them adds an annoying "feature", or changes the interface to something stupid, or has problems updating ... yawn ...

MaX.

thanks.. il do that now

fabio93bg

i think that the most strange thing is the fact that the bike wobbles like crazy in the straight after a cornr, I think this thing should be fixed immediately, beacuse it is a biiig problem, because after there wobbles you' ll probably fall. this is too annoying, do you guys agree? :-\
but for me other than this big problem GPB feels better

Alby46

wobbles are usual if you go full throttle out of a corner
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

oppolo

Quote from: Alby46 on June 21, 2014, 12:09:08 PM
wobbles are usual if you go full throttle out of a corner

nonsenses in the way it happens now in GPB, I had endless wobbles even with the 125, I came back to beta4 immediately

janaucarre

I only make a short test on the murasama.
First thing: WOWWW, now i feel all the power of this bike:). It seems more realistic for me, with more than 240cv the bike normally goes in wheeling until the end. Before it wasn't.
Second thing: great sensation with the rpm changes when angle changes:)
Third thing: the bike seems more easy for taking a curve, and the brakes are more efficient (i hope it's the right word).

At that moment with this bike, this new beta feels better than all previous updated beta.
Thank you very much, and i will come back in about a week for more reports.
:):):):)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: janaucarre on June 21, 2014, 12:32:06 PM
First thing: WOWWW, now i feel all the power of this bike:). It seems more realistic for me, with more than 240cv the bike normally goes in wheeling until the end. Before it wasn't.
Third thing: the bike seems more easy for taking a curve, and the brakes are more efficient (i hope it's the right word).

At that moment with this bike, this new beta feels better than all previous updated beta.

+1  :) 8)

JamoZ

The bikes seems more responsive, which is a plus. The feel of garbage truck is gone. But you can`t tell me with dry eyes the mid corner wheelying and straight line wobbles are realistic.
Sure, a bike can wheely mid corner, but then there has to be some sort of flexing in the chassis/tires going on combines with some movement of the rider & bike to compensate for it. Now it feels like a on/off wheelie without any dynamics involved.

It doesn`t feel like a next logical step towards realism.

ghostchild

Quote from: janaucarre on June 21, 2014, 12:32:06 PM

I totally agree  :)
In my opinion, the work is in the right direction.. the bike seems more "consistent" and "coherent"  ;)

valentinik46

personally im loving it so far ,tested with gp1000 and the 2stroke for about 30 laps each,corner entry for me is much better now a lot less understeer and the bike corrects the line better when i release and open throttle,brakes are amazing,the new thingie with the rpms and the leaning angle is amazing to,as for the wobles its personal opinion but im loving them,as mentioned above the bike gives a lot more feeling now,i understand better the reactions,it wobles when i expect it to do it so thats good for me i have to be smooth with throttle,as for the wheelies i have everything off (tc, antiwheelie)and its rideable the 1000 if i am carefull,wheeling help doesnt take away much realism anyway when its on and you dont go full throttle everywhere to activate it.so far good job piboso,when the betas first came out i was whining and wanted back the alphas cause they were easier and more playable,i was wrong and didnt give it much time than,every release its getting better and more realistic 8) (havent test it yet with electronics on)