• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:16:02 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Multi-Game Track Issue, Any Help Appreciated!!

Started by ShadeyWadey, March 19, 2022, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeyWadey

Hello everyone! I just created my first track for MX Bikes to learn the process of making tracks for these games, and now I'm wanting to take on a much bigger project.

I'm trying to create a Motorsport Park playable for all PiBoSo games, but I'm coming across a pretty frustrating issue and I have some questions that I'm hoping somebody can help answer.

For some context I have mixed tracks between all 4 games (video I made awhile back; https://youtu.be/fuXMOPlXSMw ), but there are some tracks that do not work (entire world is void of all textures, game crashing on load up, etc.). I've read somewhere that GP Bikes "does not like heightmaps" but I don't understand why since, as far as I know, you need a heightmap to make a track.

So onto why I'm creating this post, I've created the base heightmap for this motorsport park, and it is quite big (1444mx1444m with a scale of 150 on a 2049x2049 heightmap. I'd do 4097x4097 but L3DT doesn't support files that big). This loads up fine on MX Bikes and Kart Racing Pro, but I'm having problems with GP Bikes and WRS.

In World Racing Series, there are no textures for anything. I spawn on a solid ground and can drive around on what I assume to be the actual heightmap, but the best I can describe it as is driving in a void. I can supply screenshots if needed.

As for GP Bikes, when I try to load up the track in testing, the game will sync as normal for about 5-10 seconds and crash.

I've gone into TrackEd and changed the race data for GP Bikes and WRS for the files in their respected games, and I'm coming across the same issue.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these games for the track files? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm going to keep trying to get them to work and post more if I find anything worth noting.

- SW

h106frp

GPB does not support deformable terrain, only a fixed mesh geometry with named surfaces to provide different friction coeffs and the geometry has the textures applied directly in the 3d model.
It would be interesting if PB could add deformable terrain for grass and sandtraps though.

ShadeyWadey

Quote from: h106frp on March 19, 2022, 11:03:16 PMGPB does not support deformable terrain, only a fixed mesh geometry with named surfaces to provide different friction coeffs and the geometry has the textures applied directly in the 3d model.
It would be interesting if PB could add deformable terrain for grass and sandtraps though.

I supposed once I'm done making everything look and ride good in MXB I'll port the heightmap as a mesh out of blender for GPB?

Thank you!!!!