• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:26:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta5b

Started by PiBoSo, June 23, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrytmj66

Quote from: Abigor on June 24, 2014, 09:26:21 AM
I don't know if everybody is testing on hard tires ?.......but on soft and quali well......TITANIC

What do you mean?

1. Do you mean a shit film
2. Sinking shit
3. Boobies?

Ian

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 23, 2014, 11:49:59 PM
Well guys I switched to my xbox one gamepad and tried out beta 5b once again. By the way I turned direct lean OFF.

It has transformed beta 5b for me. It now makes one heck of a lot more sense. You can now ride this thing with direct lean off with a joypad controller. The bike now turns in and steers..much to my surprise.

So with my steering wheel set-up with direct lean on I have major issues. With my xbox one joppad plugged in and direct lean off it works! On the basis of this set-up I like beta 5b quite a lot!

Just thought I had better let you know.

I'm off to bed now. But what a pleasant surprise.  :)

grT

P.S. I'm also getting a few rear wheel powerslides round Silverstone on the varese 500..
I thought you might like it now  ;)

BOBR6 84

June 24, 2014, 12:57:52 PM #107 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:01:52 PM by BOBR6 84
@GRT lol yes welcome back you little traitor..   :P

Pleased you like it more now  :)
Thats the trouble with gpbikes and pc.. So many things to set-up and fiddle around with makes the difference between liking and disliking. Imo.. Same for most of the pc games iv played using a control pad really.. Worth it when you get it done tho..  ;)

Try Xinput if u havnt already. Helps me with downshifting anyway..
I struggle to speed match and the slipper clutch is a pussy on gpbikes so I blip..

HornetMaX

Yep, without xinput (and having throttle and front brake on triggers) you can't blip while braking.

MaX.

Vini

June 24, 2014, 01:45:29 PM #109 Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:26:40 PM by vin97
Ok, my opinion on beta5b so far:

Pro
- Braking (feel for the front wheel at lean angle and feel for the rear wheel at high speed) is improved
- Greately improved feel for the rear wheel, powerslides and weaves out of corners are now possible and look very realisitic
- Lean-angle-rpm simulation is good
- Smooth rider animation

Con
- Very nervous front wheel in slow corners (wobble), makes the bike unridable on a lot of tracks
- A lot of core.exe crashes
- A little bit too much wheelie
- Bike standing up after crash
- Helmet view too high
- Too much weaving once the the bike is stood up ('tankslappers')
- Engine braking needs to be readjusted (3 is ok but 2 is already unridable when braking hard)

One thing I don't understand though is why it is only possible to tuck in behind the fairing if going 140 km/h or faster.

Warlock

Quote from: janaucarre on June 24, 2014, 08:53:56 AM

The bike is harder to put in the right line.
The brakes were better in beta5.

I noticed this too.
I lost the feeling with brakes in beta5b, beta5 was great.
Struggling to put the bike on the line before i can hit the throttle, entry and exit was more predictable in beta5

Braap570

i like the new beta my opinion is the same as vins...

really cool that the rider animation got fixed and so on...
so my positive aspects are the same as vins wrote before me.
besides that the negative aspects are the same.
Idk if its normal that the 1000ccm bike makes wheelies in real if your ride with 250km/h 5th gear...
the nervous bike is great but if you ride e.g. red bull ring beta 1 after the first corner, when it goes a bit left you get that much chattering, that you often can't stay on the bike...

all in all i wanted to say that i like it that much, that piboso and the team are updating the game! im very thankfull for that
so cheers and ride on  8)

Vini

Quote from: Warlock on June 24, 2014, 02:16:05 PM
I lost the feeling with brakes in beta5b, beta5 was great.
I think you just need to get used to it.
I don't want to sound cocky but I think that I was quite good at braking late in beta4b and now I can brake even later. Especially on Mugello (turn 1) and the hairpin at Jerez I can definetely brake later/reach higher speeds.

Daniel_F

brake later doesnt mean u have better feel

Warlock

June 24, 2014, 03:21:23 PM #114 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:26:11 PM by Warlock
Yes, what i mean is i could feel better when the front wheel was about to lose grip, in the last moment of the braking when you are just at the point to release it.

And about the correct line, i think beta5 did a better parabolic line, so you could calculate better the trajectory

JamoZ

It does. Without good feeling in the brakes it's impossible to brake late. I was extremely good on the brakes in Beta 2, feeling changed in Beta 3 & 4 and i never felt confident with it and never was able to brake like i used to. Now that feeling is back and i can brake exactly how i want and i have alot more confidence in the bike...

Warlock

Quote from: JamoZ on June 24, 2014, 03:24:04 PM
It does. Without good feeling in the brakes it's impossible to brake late. I was extremely good on the brakes in Beta 2, feeling changed in Beta 3 & 4 and i never felt confident with it and never was able to brake like i used to. Now that feeling is back and i can brake exactly how i want and i have alot more confidence in the bike...

Im comparing beta5 with beta5b , and i think beta5 was better

Stout Johnson

June 24, 2014, 03:32:26 PM #117 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:35:22 PM by Stout Johnson
1) very nice review vin97, pretty much my oppinion too

2)
Quote from: Warlock on June 24, 2014, 03:21:23 PM
Yes, what i mean is i could feel better when the front wheel was about to lose grip, in the last moment of the braking when you are just at the point to release it.
I thought the same at first. First, I couldnt find a real feeling for the brake, because the suspension didnt give as much feedback as in beta4 at first. But after a couple of laps I just braked a bit harder and I noticed that there actually is good feedback if you brake hard, the front goes down noticeably, is a bit shaky. You just have to be courageous, you can actually brake a bit harder right at the beginning of the braking process. Imo, the front was a bit too shaky in beta4 when braking hard. I watched some video to verify, and a racebike actually is pretty stable on the front, even while braking hard.

PS: if you compare beta5 and beta5b, I cannot say... didnt test beta5 long enough
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Vini

Yes, good feeling is necessary to brake late.
When trial braking, you feel the front wobble a little bit so it's quite easy to release the brake at the last moment. I find it harder to successfully reach the maximum possible retardation before approaching the corner (lifting the rear wheel just a few centimeters in a controlled way, etc.).

Stout Johnson

Quote from: vin97 on June 24, 2014, 03:34:28 PM
Yes, good feeling is necessary to brake late.
When trial braking, you feel the front wobble a little bit so it's quite easy to release the brake at the last moment. I find it harder to successfully reach the maximum possible retardation before approaching the corner (lifting the rear wheel just a few centimeters in a controlled way, etc.).
I hope we will get a good feeling for controlled trail braking with more practice. On rear while braking... The rear is lifted nicely sometimes, but for me it is hard to brake right at the edge from onboard view - maybe I will also learn when adapted to new beta.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------