• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:11:37 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[BIKE] Yamaha YZR-M1

Started by RiccoChicco, June 24, 2014, 07:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Napalm Nick

Quote from: RiccoChicco on October 28, 2015, 09:33:15 PM
M1 updated on first post. Still based on Murasama physics. I hope you like it!

Nice  :) but with Beta 7 fixes or only B6c?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

RiccoChicco

Napalm Nick

Ha yes of course! If only had downloaded it before posting a garbage post I would of seen  ::)

Thanks Ricco.

Is there much that needs to be done to convert a B6c bike to a B7 bike?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

RiccoChicco

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 28, 2015, 09:48:43 PM
Is there much that needs to be done to convert a B6c bike to a B7 bike?

Well, it depends a lot of the bike you want to convert. For the M1 it was easy, since it's just kind of a renamed Murasama with modified 3D and sound. So just few copy/paste and some tweaks to make it fit better (I had to change stuff for hands position for example).

If your bike has it own physics, it takes more time since you'll have a lot more to modify. Basically converting a bike to a new beta is just 95% of copy/paste but the missing 5% are the hardest : don't forget anything if you don't want a core.exe and look for the missing stuff for hours  ;D

Napalm Nick

I can imagine, and I have a lot of appreciation for you guys doing it, Big thanks !  8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on October 28, 2015, 09:54:41 PM
If your bike has it own physics, it takes more time since you'll have a lot more to modify.
There are very few things that have changed in the physics files format so making an existing mod bike "compatible" with beta7 is a 5min job (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2626.msg41826#msg41826).

What may take time is to tune the physics of the bike to the new beta7 (if necessary).

On the default bikes there have been changes in: masses an CoG, masses of the tyres, some important parameter of the front tyres of the 990 ...

@MODDERS: easy way to compare default bikes between betas:

• Unpack bikes.pkz of the two betas in two different folders
  • Install WinMerge (free, http://winmerge.org/?lang=en): it can compare two folders showing which files are different (and where they are different, if they are text files).

Easy peasy.

MaX.

RiccoChicco

I personnally prefer to restart from a 100% original bike (usually Murasama) to make sure everything is here and clean. But yeah, we can do it like MaX said and it works pretty well.  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on October 28, 2015, 10:17:53 PM
I personnally prefer to restart from a 100% original bike (usually Murasama) to make sure everything is here and clean. But yeah, we can do it like MaX said and it works pretty well.  :)
For bikes that are based on default bikes (like your M1 based in the 990) yes, probably easier to restart from scratch.
But for bikes with their own physics doing the diff is the way to go.

MaX.

Super Taranta !

October 28, 2015, 10:58:36 PM #70 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:00:41 PM by Super Taranta !
I can not see the bike ingame. Am I the only one who got this problem ? It's not on GP1000 category or any other. (SOLVED IT NO PROBLEM ! )
SuperTaranta #83

Napalm Nick

You downloaded it right? and unzipped it and created the new Bikes folder and added it and restarted game Super T?

Super Taranta !

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 28, 2015, 11:00:34 PM
You downloaded it right? and unzipped it and created the new Bikes folder and added it and restarted game Super T?

Installed it on GPB6c folder. First day mistakes :D
SuperTaranta #83

Napalm Nick

Thank God its not just me then. Throw me a banana someone.