• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:01:03 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Sun Light.

Started by Klax75, June 26, 2014, 08:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

June 26, 2014, 08:35:35 AM Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:38:57 AM by Klax75
I know this is just personal preference but I've noticed a lot of the tracks the light source for the sun is really dim. I've been playing around with the settings. Using Paul Ricard for the Ambient and Fog, since I think it looks the best. Then boosting up the sun a lot. Since sun light should be bright when on track. Even in replays it always looked so dim to me. Right now I am using these settings. Been trying it at Barcelona, since this is just a server side thing you can still connect online. Make a back up of the track .amp, file just in case. Then open it with a text editor.

{
ambient
{
red = 0.50
green = 0.50
blue = 0.51
}
sun_color
{
red = 3.0
green = 2.5
blue = 2.5
}
fog
{
density = 0.0012
red = 0.40
green = 0.50
blue = 0.60
}

janaucarre

i have tested some settings but it takes to much time to see what that looks ingame: 2seconds of changing for more than a minute of waiting.
Thx i will try your settings.
The best sky is the cloudy at paul ricard(thx juju)

Arvoss

Quote from: janaucarre on June 26, 2014, 11:02:19 AM
i have tested some settings but it takes to much time to see what that looks ingame: 2seconds of changing for more than a minute of waiting.

The wet sky at Suzuka is the best sky imo... Just beautiful...

Klax75

Quote from: janaucarre on June 26, 2014, 11:02:19 AM

Yeah paul ricard has the best sunny sky picture. Very bright blue and clear sky.

tseklias

just checked and im impressed, very nice job and nice pick also. you couldnt pick a more sunny place than spain. keep on experimenting congrats from me.

tseklias

what about any new adds? have you tested any other circuits? i really liked this add-on.