• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:34:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Creating bike sound

Started by Vini, June 27, 2014, 06:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

I want to create new sound for the RC213V and I already have some nice 'loopable' samples, the question is how do I put them together to form a smoothely sounding bike?
Are there any tutorials on this topic?

...Vin

Stout Johnson

Quote from: vin97 on June 27, 2014, 06:39:35 PM
I want to create new sound for the RC213V and I already have some nice 'loopable' samples, the question is how do I put them together to form a smoothely sounding bike?
Are there any tutorials on this topic?

...Vin

Well... ehrmmmmm.... I am about to release a RC213V sound mod very soon.  ::) so maybe wait until I release mine? If you like mine, you could save your time, if not you can try your own.

There is no real tutorial on this. I might do some sometime.... maybe. You can get good info from here btw.
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=432.0

PS: I plan to release a complete MotoGP sound pack. Just for notification, in case anybody somebody plans to do these sounds...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Vini

Oh, ok didn't know that.
Where did you get your sound files?
I used onboard videos but it's really hard to find a loopable section.

Stout Johnson

I am using the same approach - onboard videos. But it is damn hard to get good loopable samples.

Vini

I only have the onhigh and onmid file.
I found the COTA onboard videos quite good because there are a few long corners where the rpm is almost constant, tight hairpins for low rpm sounds and downhill corners for off-throttle sounds.
But yes, finding loopable samples seems to be mostly trial and error (and luck).

Stout Johnson

Quote from: vin97 on June 27, 2014, 09:08:12 PM
I only have the onhigh and onmid file.
I found the COTA onboard videos quite good because there are a few long corners where the rpm is almost constant, tight hairpins for low rpm sounds and downhill corners for off-throttle sounds.
But yes, finding loopable samples seems to be mostly trial and error (and luck).

Yeah Cota is one of the better tracks. But still, always hard.

Did you already try to get your 2 sound files to work in-game? I just listened to them and (although they might seem suitable at first glance) I heard some things, that might turn into problems when using them in-game.

The onhigh sound seems to be a good loop, but if you wanna use it in-game you need to boost/amplify the sound. And when I did that there was too much wind-noise. It will most likely sound bad in-game. Please note that onhigh and offhigh refer to the rpm's the sound is taken at, not the speed - so you do not have to capture the sound at high speeds - rather high rpm's. Wind noise is very distracting.

For the onmid sound - I doubt that it will sound good when looped in-game. It has too many artefacts and seems to have some edges that seem to stem from being unproperly cut. When the sound does not sound steady and smooth it will sound like washing machine when looped.

Vini

As I said, I am not even at the point of putting the files in-game and I have not edited the sound files.
Yes, the wind noise is a problem but it was the only clip I found of the bike at high rpms for a long enough time.