• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:06 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bug in servers page ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 22, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guigui404

normaly it's recognyse by chrome or firefox , for explorer don't know ...

Hawk

Quote from: guigui404 on June 23, 2014, 12:40:44 PM
normaly it's recognyse by chrome or firefox , for explorer don't know ...

Agreed.  ;)

IE is the browser that seems to be the lame duck as far as keeping it's code up to date especially lacking in keeping up to date with the latest elements of HTML5 and procedures... Very poor.  ::)

Hawk.

guigui404

Yes for programmation that's out of date , it's always the bad part to adapt a code just FOR THIS POOR navigator

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 23, 2014, 12:37:42 PM
Yes. this is bad link address and file naming practice. Link addresses should always be created without spaces, same for file names when programming. If you require a separator in a filename or link address it should always be represented by an underscore "my_link_address", or "my_file_name", or as a compromise, "MyFileName", otherwise a "%" will be placed in the address which are not always recognised.
That's not entirely true. Not using spaces at all is the lazy approach. But you can have spaces essentially everywhere (including in URLs), you just have to follow the guidelines for allowing these to be passed along properly.

E.g. : blabla.exe -c yuppie -f "yuppie doo.txt"

For URLs, the spaces are replaced by %20.

MaX.

guigui404

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2014, 01:27:56 PM

MaX.

Quote from: guigui404 on June 23, 2014, 07:35:52 AM
there no problem hornet the %20 represent a space in some navigator so it's the same link ;)

I has already explain that :p

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2014, 01:27:56 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 23, 2014, 12:37:42 PM
Yes. this is bad link address and file naming practice. Link addresses should always be created without spaces, same for file names when programming. If you require a separator in a filename or link address it should always be represented by an underscore "my_link_address", or "my_file_name", or as a compromise, "MyFileName", otherwise a "%" will be placed in the address which are not always recognised.
That's not entirely true. Not using spaces at all is the lazy approach. But you can have spaces essentially everywhere (including in URLs), you just have to follow the guidelines for allowing these to be passed along properly.

E.g. : blabla.exe -c yuppie -f "yuppie doo.txt"

MaX.

I admit not using spaces at all is a lazy approach but I did state that was a compromise(To qualify it this time - "for the lazy people").  :P

Yes, you can have spaces anywhere you like, I didn't say you cannot....  but it is considered bad practice to include a literal space in address names/links and files names. So I state again that good practice is to use a separator in these cases, not a literal space.  This will avoid the "%20" appearing in these names.

I hope I've expressed it better this time. :P  ;) ;D

Hawk.

guigui404

hawk have true , when we learn to programm all website say , the best is to not put space but underscore  , a point , or nothing ;)

HornetMaX

Ach you old school people ... if it was for you we'd still be in 8.3 file naming  :P

MaX.

guigui404

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2014, 07:22:09 PM
Ach you old school people ... if it was for you we'd still be in 8.3 file naming  :P

MaX.
don't understand all what u say , please explain me the :p let me think that it's funny

HornetMaX

Next time I cross you on a server or on the french forum, so that I can do it in french :)

MaX.

guigui404

Oh ok the pizza baguette men :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

MaX.

Lol. "Old School" and proud of it Max! Hehe   :P ;D 8)

Hawk.