• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:40:09 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Track animation and sound

Started by RBp, June 26, 2014, 06:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBp

Is there a new way to make track animation work or is it bugged?

Any info on how to sound effects to tracks would be great.

Thanks

RiccoChicco

About animations :

Texture Animation

About sounds :

Sounds must be in .wav format and mono channel and placed in GP Bikes/gpbikes/effects/sounds folder.

You need to create a .ssc text file in your track folder where you put this :

numsources = 2
source0
{
data = sound_test.wav
pos = 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
mindistance = 1
}
source1
{
data = sound_test2.wav
pos = 10.000, 10.000, 10.000
mindistance = 10
}

Of course you can add more sounds (I don't know if there is any limit). I didn't test it with the latest beta (PiBoSo said that it has been corrected) so I can't guarantee any result  ;D

RBp

June 26, 2014, 07:25:21 PM #2 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:27:58 PM by RBp
Thanks the code make sense to me and how to implement it, Not a clue about how to make sound files but i'll figure it out.

The animation must be bugged, that same process I used on the last 3 track I released but now it not working on the new tracks and old, I also check noss69 tracks and the animation not working there either, I try reexported all the .map files as I couldn't think of anything else that would make it work but still no luck.

Seems like it loads base texture but not the 2nd texture in the code.

RiccoChicco

June 26, 2014, 07:30:16 PM #3 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:32:25 PM by RiccoChicco
For audio :

Just open your file with Audacity (free software), convert your audio track as mono and export as .wav ;)

About anims :

If I'm not wrong the big wheel on Suzuka as an animated texture working. I can't test it now but you can have a look :)

Can you show us your code?

RBp

Thanks, just need to think of a sound now.

I tried susi and many cours, im not seeing the animation myself. Maybe I messed up the instail

Here the code, very simple animation

texture0
{
name = ptblitoff
loop_time = 400
}

texture01
{
name = ptbliton
loop_time = 400

RiccoChicco

You want 2 animations with this code right?

RBp

I missed the close bracket when I copy and paste to the fourm. That wouldn't be the error

I've already had it working before beta5b but yes it just a flashing blue pitlane exit light to warn of on coming riders...

RiccoChicco

Before export :

In the folder of your "ptblitoff.tga", create "ptblitoff.txt" in which you put

ptbliton.tga

Of course your in 3ds max ptblitoff.tga is the texture applied in your scene.

Export your .map after that.

In your track folder, create your .scr (with exactly the same name of the .map, for example "track") and put :

texture0
{
name = ptbliton
loop_time = 400
}

It should work!

RBp

Still not working, be nice if someone else could confirm if they can't or can see the animation on tracks with the new beta5b