• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:28:25 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

First person view help

Started by valentinik46, June 29, 2014, 08:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valentinik46

So i have been playing gpbikes in 3rd person view forever and i want to learn in first person view,the only first person view im confortable with though ,and can play , is the one from r1 98-99 mod where the view is pulled back a little and part of the tank is visible,is there a way to edit something so i can make this view on other bikes to?i replaced the cameras cfg file of suzuki gsvr with the r1 cameras cfg,but nothing changed,are those cameras only for replay?i have searched the forum but didnt find something,plz help  :)  here is a vid                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  https://www.youtube.com/v/-TOvz-SbT1o                   p.s:the r1 98 is a great great mod,but in this forum i cant find it,dont know why its not in bike mods or i missed it.

Klax75

The helmet view in Beta 5 and 5b is messed up, it's about six inches or more higher then it was in previous betas. I asked Piboso and he said it would be fixed in the next release. I've only ever used Helmet view, so for me this is a big issue.

The bike camera files are for replays, so changing them won't change anything in helmet view.

The R1 was never released on this forum so I never included it. I've only ever put bikes in that are released here and the author or team said it was ok to include them.

I have used the R1 and I found it super easy to ride, even in DST. It felt kind of weird, kind of reminded me of the first version of the R6 we had way before the WSS pack. Which was clearly much easier to ride then anything else, making it feel like it was on easy mode or something.

valentinik46

Quote from: Klax75 on June 29, 2014, 08:53:58 AM
The helmet view in Beta 5 and 5b is messed up, it's about six inches or more higher then it was in previous betas. I asked Piboso and he said it would be fixed in the next release. I've only ever used Helmet view, so for me this is a big issue.

The bike camera files are for replays, so changing them won't change anything in helmet view.

The R1 was never released on this forum so I never included it. I've only ever put bikes in that are released here and the author or team said it was ok to include them.

I have used the R1 and I found it super easy to ride, even in DST. It felt kind of weird, kind of reminded me of the first version of the R6 we had way before the WSS pack. Which was clearly much easier to ride then anything else, making it feel like it was on easy mode or something.
thanks for the fast reply,i am using the r1 in beta 5b though and i like the view thats why im looking for a way to make it like that with other bikes,just a bit further back,as for the r1 maybe thats why i like it because its easy and fun :P,i havent played it that much to notice the physics in detail but i liked the fpv a lot and the look of road bike dash,lights etc,except tail lights 

Warlock

I only use onboard helmet view.  Try changing your settings/simulation/Field of view ingame

valentinik46

Quote from: Warlock on June 29, 2014, 03:21:36 PM
I only use onboard helmet view.  Try changing your settings/simulation/Field of view ingame
i did but still the r1 view is more back ,i can see  the tank and for some reason that feels better while learning fpv

Klax75

Quote from: Warlock on June 29, 2014, 03:21:36 PM

It's a bug in the Beta 5/5b. Said it will be fixed in the next release. Nothing you can do in game will fix it. Some bikes it's not as noticeable but it is still to high.

Previous Betas

Beta 5b

Furious

At first I thought its preparation for the HMD stuff, and its actually corrected over previous versions. But if Piboso tell us it will be corrected than I wont discus :P

Warlock

Yes, i noticed is higher now, but doesn't really disturb me. I don't care others  ;D , nah just kidding  :P.
If its a bug, then fine if its solved and help you guys.  ;)

Klax75

For me it's nothing is in the line of sight when riding. So with MaxHUD helmet on at times I can't evens see the handle bars. Also when practicing DST, I go visually what my lean angle is at by what position and angle the bike is on either side of the screen. Now the view is much higher so it makes how low I am much harder. Since the view it looks like I am pretty high up, when actually in 3rd person or in a replay I am practically laying on the ground. :/

Warlock

In my experience IRL, when riding fast you never see your handlebars, the feeling its like floating in the air with a rocket under your ass  ;D . I must say im a quite tall guy so it can be the reason

C21

QuoteIRL: when riding fast you never see your handlebars,
+1
your digging behind the windscreen, no chance to see any of the bars  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

valentinik46

its not that in game you look at the handlebars,you look the road far ahead, but if they are showing on screen it gives you a feel were the bike is in relation to the width of the track,and when the front is about to low side they shake,me i always ride 3rd person so i need all visual aid i can get to learn fpv  :)

capeta

You can edit the Tank CAM indeed
But like you i prefer the first person view.
If you set the tilt to max at least you 'll see you're tank :)

BOBR6 84

July 27, 2014, 08:12:27 PM #13 Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:17:56 PM by BOBR6 84
Hi. Nice example video..  ;D

Yes its a nice position for onboard riding.. In beta4b you could have a similar position for other bikes but the arms of the rider looked stretched out too far.. The R1 and C21's fireblade are the only bikes with the camera further back..

As said above try field of view and pitch adjustment.. Apart from that we have to wait for beta6.

You could ask the guy on the french forum about the R1's onboard views..